Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Garage Queen

Garage
PETA violations against my 930

Not that PETA! The PETA I'm referring to is my own group of People for the Ethical Treatment of Automobiles. This weekend while updating the suspension I found 2 violations.

First, someone put the front driver caliber on without the spacers. Seen below is what was missing.

Second, someone enlarged the bolt openings in the passenger side outer spring plate cover. I guess they did that to make it easier to align the bolts with the openings. This was an unnecessary; it isn't that hard.

Why do people do a halfa$$ job when they work on cars?

Also, if anyone has 2 extra spacers, I'll take them.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
"Why do people do a halfa$$ job when they work on cars?"

Easy. Because there are idiots out there that have no business putting a wrench in their hands.
Maybe the "technician" thought this would be the cheap way out in creating floating calipers!

Fortunately the spacer is not unobtainium. Our host sells them for $5.25 ea. "OEM-93035155301"
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 07-03-2012, 04:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
It would be fun to find a way to shame previous owners and/or mechanics that do things like this. I have a hunch it would be a very long thread.

Steph: I'm going to look at an 86 Targa with 80K miles - how's your's been as far as reliability, etc?
Old 07-03-2012, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Garage Queen

Garage
My Targa has been great. The only times I have gotten stranded was 1. a DME and 2. I didn't connect a ground wire well enough on a new radio. It would cut out when I would break and then start back up again. It has almost 170,000 miles on it. I do think I am getting close to needing an engine rebuild.

Of course a rebuild will also give me the time to fix another PETA violation: Someone has crushed the hard oil lines on both sides with a badly placed lift.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks. I'll look for oil line damage when the guy does the PPI.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: