Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
I've gone native

The Boss 429 was my favorite mustang of all time.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telerding View Post
At the risk of angering the Porsche gods, a few pics of the 72 365GTB/4A:

Telerding,

Thanks for the detail pics of the GTB. How could the Porsche gods ever frown on this beautiful car? Excellent detail.

Was the engine build and dyno work done at Carobu Engineering?

Thx,

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)
airbil

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Oh shart, ^there^ goes the neighborhood!

BALONEY!

Ha! HaHA - HA!

Pelican cannot handle Serge 8-). Bad enough they're stuck w/ me.

Fly out again this Aug and drive the TR3 home? Likely FS. Alas... I'm bracing myself for a Maphoneyless //SFest this year - oh the humanity.
Oh yeahess, Mikey p has me lathering up the 911.
That said, looks like Tom could use some fine Lucas lunacy there in CA where P cars are a dime a dozen but no Lucas UKrazyness.
Ship 'er out there. Comes complete with the ZZ Top Red Baron Package if I recall.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)

Garage
Paul:

Yes, Carobu rebuilt the motor, went thru the transaxle, and completely reworked my oil lines with modern SS braided lines.

Everything new except block, crank, rods, heads, camshafts, miscellaneous small parts.

They finished on budget, and would have finished on schedule, but the new valves from Italy were two months late.

I pulled the motor, partially disassembled it, took it, the trans, and all else down to them. When done, I picked it up brought it back, and 10 of my friends helped put it in.
63 904 (086), 63 904 (038)
70 914-6

Last edited by Telerding; 07-11-2012 at 09:20 PM..
Old 07-11-2012, 09:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Garage
Tt Surgeon:

The Boss looked good, but it was a dog performance-wise. All choked up, it needed headers and an exhaust to open it up. Big, heavy, it didn't handle all that well.

Basically, it was good for nothing except looking at it. Manual trans was clunky and awkward to shift. Very disappointing car!

Other owners, YMMV!
70 914-6
Old 07-11-2012, 09:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telerding View Post
Paul:

Yes, Carobu rebuilt the motor, went thru the transaxle, and completely reworked my oil lines with modern SS braided lines.

Everything new except block, crank, rods, heads, camshafts, miscellaneous small parts.

They finished on budget, and would have finished on schedule, but the new valves from Italy were two months late.

I pulled the motor, partially disassembled it, took it, the trans, and all else down to them. When done, I picked it up brought it back, and 10 of my friends helped put it in.
Tom, I thought that looked like thier shop.. great bunch of guys that know what they're doing.

I applaud you for not being afraid to make the needed mods on the GTB to allow it to be used and enjoyed as it should be.

I have made a number of what I like to call "usability" mods on my lowly 308 to allow it be more reliable and enjoyable car! To many of the enthusiast miss that opportunity because.. "it wont be original".. who cares, its usable and that what I want.

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 07-12-2012, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Telerding that C-2 vette is my favorite America made sports car ever....your insite into the Boss is interesting since a buddy shoehorned a 351 Cleveland into a '67. Same impression, 3 speed, I was not impressed, a light to light car...but still a nice all Cali classic (black plates)...I understand the Boss was still
at another level..
Old 07-12-2012, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
Telerding,

Thanks for the detail pics of the GTB. How could the Porsche gods ever frown on this beautiful car? Excellent detail.
To borrow from Calvin: The porsche gods are not kind and loving.

I don't think my car appreciates being compared to this Ferrari.

Can't get over those headers on a street car: they look like they were grown in a vat. Reminds me of the 312. Same person design them? Or was there a cool header cult in Italy in the mid 60s?

Watched the video. Engine sounds both complex and very well balanced.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)

Garage
Zakthor:

The header design surprised me as well when I took them off the motor the first time. Really well designed for a street car. No compromises for production. Just like you'd see on a race car. The headers on the US Daytonas are nothing like these.

70 914-6
Old 07-12-2012, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: