Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

^^^^IMHO and as mentioned above, the pink steering wheel, plus the "added" gauges, window stickers, and the blue IC hose got to go... I would look for the engine ID plate that goes on the alt housing before putting it on ther market. I also believe that - under the same conditions - an 87 has less value than a real 930 76 ~ 79; so, most of the above estimates are little high, but nevertheless get as much as you can and let us know. Good luck!

Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to FlashGordon
I love this forum. The collective knowledge and opinions are invaluable. I do follow the market fairly closely, but as owners, we tend to over-value our cars sometimes. I'm not under any financial pressure to sell the car, so I certainly won't be giving it away.

I really appreciate all of the comments and advice. I knew I was going to catch hell for the pink (it's really red) steering wheel! I'll switch it back to stock, as well as, some of the other recommendations. I may leave the engine/exhaust bolt-ons for now and see how it goes. I'll include photos of all the stock pieces, since i have everything. The car just runs so fantastically now...

Hey, if anyone wants a '97 B/W Viper GTS for 40K, let me know. The market sucks for them, as well!

Regards, R. Gordon
Old 11-27-2012, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Such sales tend to move slow, that is in my experince.

It also depends on your location, and the econimics and market as well
supply and demand.

Porsche's and such machines go thru trends, it also depends on the buyers.

There are garage queens and then those that infact drive the vehicles. For me I don't get
as concerned with milage on specific machines, and others I go thru with a fine toothed comb.

For some buyers up grades are added value or such up grades that are period correct or
improve the mechanical reliability of a vehicle are welcomed. Others, not so much.

You've treated your 930 really well. ^___^
Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Banned

a FAIR asking price is between 30-40k. The guys who say 50k are the guys who are pushing up price!!! Let's see the guys saying 50k with the cash!! If you get a guy with cash it says it all!! Remember cash talks the rest all just walks!!! who is will to give him 50 k in cash tomorrow??? even 45??? 40??? i have 35k cash on my desk!!! wanna take it depending you say it is all what i see???
Old 11-27-2012, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

I like the pink/red wheel. Let me know if you decide to sell it.
Steve
1969 Carrera Widebody TurboKraft Custom (Mexico Blue)
2001 E39 M5 Imola/Black-red interior
Old 11-27-2012, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

I think we should all help drive up the market. Lets put out cars on ebay and flood the market. Buy it now for $50,000.
1969 Carrera Widebody TurboKraft Custom (Mexico Blue)
2001 E39 M5 Imola/Black-red interior
Old 11-27-2012, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

I've gone native

Hmmm, couldn't disagree more w johnm. 30k isn't fair, it's a ultra low ball offer.
This would only apply if the car had a story, or the seller was desperate to sell.
The low miles and overall condition make this cars value what it is IMO.
If it had 85k miles, ****ty condition, etc, then maybe 30k.
Good cars sell at a good price, lesser cars get lowballed. Think Sloane vs fleabay,
Like I said, 45 as is, 50 stone cold stock with a showroom detail job.

Last edited by Tt surgeon; 11-27-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Old 11-27-2012, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Beautiful car, great color, and great ownership time with all records, parts, and stories about the car for the last 15 years is worth a considerable amount of money. What you know about the car, for the length of time you've owned will be of great assistance to the next owner. When you sell, however, your phone may ring frequently with questions! Good luck with sale, she's beautiful!
Old 11-27-2012, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
P Nut

I usually hold my tongue on prices because as others have stated, it is only worth what someone will pay. Start high and you can always come down. I can say ( as I have been looking for a while with mixed results ) that in Canada the prices are waaaaaayyyy lower than what my US cousins think theirs are worth. I looked at one in Calgary that missed the BIN on EBay. 87 red, 3 owners, 52000 km bone stock and mint. The EBay BIN was $35k. I went to arrange the PPI and the guy would not answer the phone again, he wanted to keep it. Now am looking at a mint 89, 52000km for way lower than what south of the line would be. Both have metric speedos from new. Sorry for the ramble but wanted to give you some basis for prices.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
beancounter

I won't take less than 80k for my '79...no one would ever pay anywhere close to that, so I can't ever sell it
Old 11-27-2012, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Bottom line is these cars are emotional buys. Sometimes the market is up...sometimes is down. The price you ask and the actual price you get only depends on what the market will bare. This does not mean one should give away their car. Be realistic but not a fool.

Sloan is not a good example as a price comparison. He will sit on a car for ends at a time... Don't get me wrong if one has the patience to wait 1 to how many years for it to sell..by all means do so. Sloan is the exception not the rule.

You sir have a beautiful car(minus the pink steering wheel...jk ). Check all sorts of classified listings on usual sites to gage a selling price. Then form a number you feel comfortable with(without having sellers remorse). Then be firm on your price...as in Field of Dreams..."if you build it they will come"

For those who say $30k is fair, I bet are still shopping......I wonder why?...oh oh I know I know..because a well sorted car with no issue in immaculate condition doesn't exist for $30k..that's why

GLWS
Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to FlashGordon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt surgeon View Post
Hmmm, couldn't disagree more w johnm. 30k isn't fair, it's a ultra low ball offer.
This would only apply if the car had a story, or the seller was desperate to sell.
The low miles and overall condition make this cars value what it is IMO.
If it had 85k miles, ****ty condition, etc, then maybe 30k.
Good cars sell at a good price, lesser cars get lowballed. Think Sloane vs fleabay,
Like I said, 45 as is, 50 stone cold stock with a showroom detail job.
Well, if nothing else, I'm glad that my post facilitated a lively debate on the current market for an '87 930! I've had quite a few offers for mid to high 30's sight unseen from this discussion alone. So, I tend to think that YOU (and TorresMD, RarlyL8, SCHNELE, 81Kremer930, Enzo) are correct price-wise. I'm not insulted by johnm1469's offer - I'd grab it too as a buyer for 35K! See, that's the thing about being a non-distressed seller - thankfully, I can be patient!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
Well, if nothing else, I'm glad that my post facilitated a lively debate on the current market for an '87 930! I've had quite a few offers for mid to high 30's sight unseen from this discussion alone. So, I tend to think that YOU (and TorresMD, RarlyL8, SCHNELE, 81Kremer930, Enzo) are correct price-wise. I'm not insulted by johnm1469's offer - I'd grab it too as a buyer for 35K! See, that's the thing about being a non-distressed seller - thankfully, I can be patient!
Not surprised to see these offers. I would wait till spring for a better price. When I was looking for my 930 I noticed they sold fast. FYI I paid 30K for a 60K miles bone stock 86, and I think not a bad deal at all at that time.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Banned

I don't see any offers at 50k here now!!! i don't see 45k and i don't see any for 40k here also. i know what the current prices are for one of these!! I also have read the problems regard to his 87 930!! First of all car is not stock(god awful pink steering wheel only in NJ) second car eats cdi units!!! Also car has has no major $$ put in her and it is about to need some after 25 years// things do start to wear from age and this we all know is a very costly car just to maintain properly!!!my offer stands at 35k otherwise goodluck but i'm looking so if i find one better offer gone and i'm close to a silver 1988 930!! let the guy in long island pony up 50k!!!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 02:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
I've gone native

If you're referring to me, I already have one. Mine would be way out of your price range anyway.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Banned

not after the flood your car was in//you should buy another one mr. 50K!! sure yours is worth 100k!!!!!lmao!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

take a bottle of black liqued shoe polish and have at it with your pink suede steering wheel and see what happens...

the value of your 930 goes up at least a thousand bucks.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm1469 View Post
(god awful pink steering wheel only in NJ)

Pray tell, what part of the world do you hail from that makes you the arbiter of class and good taste?
Old 11-28-2012, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
I'll just interject one thing: "CARMA"

And, yes, i spelled it correctly [for this purpose]. It's defined as: "bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation."

Mr. Gordon: your car is beautiful and worth more than mine! [whatever that amount is]. Good luck with your sale...

John: i bought [thought I stole] my car for $19K in 2008 - - as it looks right now... It wasn't daily driven and therefore had some mechanical issues [it sat for 9-years]. By the time I sorted everything out [plus some upgrades], I had over $50K in it... The way I see it, it's "pay now" or "pay later..." Good luck with your search... Shannon
Old 11-28-2012, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Quote:

quote de johnm1469

(god awful pink steering wheel only in nj)

pray tell, what part of the world do you hail from that makes you the arbiter of class and good taste?
lmao!!!!!

Old 11-28-2012, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: