Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
I know that car, I think you also know Jim A. From Florida?

"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 12-07-2012, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
Great color by the way.
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 12-07-2012, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to FlashGordon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81Kremer930 View Post
Opinions fly about value all the time. This gentleman has a very nice car, is in no rush to sell, and will get the right price. Nice cars bring nice money, proportionally, edgy cars bring less.

This car couldn't be purchased at an auction(desperate seller) anywhere in the country for 31k. Don't sweat it Flash, come spring time, you'll get the right money, no excuses need be made for your ride sir. Can't say that I am upset with John for his offer, it just won't buy a nice car.
Thanks for the compliments and support everyone!

Yes, John is a putz... But, he's bumped my thread a few times, so I suppose he has some nominal value... Silly Kid...
Old 12-07-2012, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Garage
Mr Gordon,

I am in the market for a 930 or 964 turbo and have compiled a large spreadsheet of prices over the past 6 months (I'm pretty picky when it comes to my first Porsche!). My closest witness of similar pricing is this '87 that didn't sell on eBay:

Porsche : 911 911 Turbo in Porsche | eBay Motors

I talked to SW, the dealership owner. He will only take $40k for it. Your car is quite a bit better for a few reasons: He only has records from the past year. It has a defect in paint that needs ~$500 in repair (then it's still a repainted fender). That one has 50,000 miles on it. But, the biggest factor: he's a dealer and you're a PCA member that's owned it for 15 years. That alone is worth a few grand to me. So, when all added, I would start the car around $46k, but wouldn't take less than $45k. I wouldn't start much higher as you'd be getting into unmolested low-mileage car region (I saw an example at $47.5k on PCA, unmolested with 34,000 miles and it was perfect with all documentation, but it sold).

I'm colorblind, so your green steering wheel looks fine to me.
Matt

PS Your car is above my budget ($40k) for a 930, so I'm not trying to low-ball you. I can send you my spreadsheet if you prefer.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
unlisted miles/details but a really nice color on a 930.
1987 911 Turbo
I'd bet the owner of that car wasn't aware that a Nigerian scammer had advertised it for sale. Hope the check cleared!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Hey, Guys. Just resurrecting my thread from a few months back. Here's a shot of the car today.

I also removed the offending "pink steering wheel" and replaced it with the stock wheel.

I have every single stock part, nut, bolt etc. Here's a few:

Old 04-05-2013, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

I've gone native

Spring price surge, 47k as is.
That's my rec.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
Hey, guys. Hoping to get some opinions on what would be a fair asking price for my '87 930 in today's market.
Flash,
I'm curious, especially in light of your car being such a good example, and the furious bystander debates about the value of your car.

Did you sell the car, and if so, can you tell us at what price?

I half believe the market is very good ...and half believe that it's a bunch of 930 owners wanting to convince themselves and/or their wives of their old cars' value.

Reality check?
Old 04-06-2013, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloo View Post
Flash,

I half believe the market is very good ...and half believe that it's a bunch of 930 owners wanting to convince themselves and/or their wives of their old cars' value.

Reality check?
Great Idea, let the show begin.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

For those that asked for another data point... The car sold for 50K AS-IS (minus the "pink" wheel ) to a fellow Pelican... Thanks for all the advice guys!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
damn that's impressive - well done and thanks for sharing

I too can be in the ^1/2 and 1/2 camp^ at times... but then a quicklook to - say - the surge in longhood / midyear / SC / 3.2 prices (ridicular surge in case of the LHs!)...

...tips me toward the 1/2 that says good things for "these" are to come.

Long overdue, well deserved. These cars are penultimate on so many accounts for so many reasons...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 04-24-2013, 05:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Garage
I feel better now

I have a guards red 87 ,72000 miles , all stock that I bought for too much. 34k. I am doing 17k in motor work for things that MAY break ,just cause I like my stuff just right. I hope to get 40k in a few years with maybe 7k more miles.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
damn that's impressive - well done and thanks for sharing

I too can be in the ^1/2 and 1/2 camp^ at times... but then a quicklook to - say - the surge in longhood / midyear / SC / 3.2 prices (ridicular surge in case of the LHs!)...

...tips me toward the 1/2 that says good things for "these" are to come.

Long overdue, well deserved. These cars are penultimate on so many accounts for so many reasons...
And mine didn't even come with a Canadian Passport...
Old 04-24-2013, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnm1469 View Post
Well !! Well!! so much for that car worth 50k when the same sold for around 27K!! My offer now at 31k for yours!! Hey has any sucker offer you even 40 k for your yours take it and run!!!! Well i can wait also!!! Cash still sitting on my desk with a fair offer!!! I will even let you keep that pink steering wheel!!! Lmao!! did staten island come up with that 50k???
And remember kids, when you spew stupid crap in someone's thread... In the end, you look like little Johnny here...

Old 04-24-2013, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: