Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtainium View Post
I strongly disagree with Quadcammer. Be forewarned. Go there at your own risk.
Referring to Protosport? If so, mind sending me a PM? Thanks,
Old 01-02-2013, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to blockhed
Powertech
or
Provost motorsports

skip protosport.
PM I'm in Flemington and heard about your slow vette from my brother for a while , I'd like to check out the 930
Old 01-03-2013, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhed View Post
Powertech
or
Provost motorsports

skip protosport.
PM I'm in Flemington and heard about your slow vette from my brother for a while , I'd like to check out the 930
Small world...brother = Joel R. or another brother from another mother?

John

pm coming
Old 01-03-2013, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Not one to leave a thread hanging, and I will be doing a separate, comprehensive post, but wanted to provide an update.

First - I started this thread to get a recommendation on a NJ Porsche shop. I'm pleased to report that I am double thumbs up, completely satisfied with my experience with PowerTech in Rockaway, NJ (PowerTech). Mike and his crew provided everything a picky customer could ask for, including, importantly, consistent and regular updates. If any one in CT/NJ/NY/PA and, heck, any state, needs work done on any model year Porsche, this is the place.

Now, back to the other part of the update. Car is up and running - soooooo sweet. I appreciate and respect this car even more than I expected. More to come - stay tuned. Here are a few pictures:

Check it out - this is my dad years ago. Classic picture!

Now some not-high quality pictures. Better pictures will be in the other thread:

Old 01-20-2013, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Nice. I had my car out today, very similar to yours. I can't believe in that first picture your dad had the car out in the snow, I could never do that.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil only View Post
Nice. .... I can't believe in that first picture your dad had the car out in the snow, I could never do that.
Thanks! There are schools of thought on the issue, which I straddle. To his defense, he and his then gf/ now wife were traveling up north to New Hampshire and bad weather wasn't predicted. Well, you know how accurate those predictions are...

That said, and to his credit, cars are put into perspective in our family. When I was growing up he didn't idolize the cars to the point they couldn't be driven in this or that condition. In fact, a defining moment about putting things in perspective about the car being just that, a car, I'd ridden my bike to a baseball game, and didn't expect dad to be there to pick me up. He had the same year convertible Porsche. When he said, let's go, I looked at him, then to my muddy cleats and the bike. Dad turned to me and said "so?" Cleats came off and were cleaned as best we could and put in the boot, bike and its muddy wheels were jerry-rigged to fit in the back seat area with tires sticking out all over the place.

Why type all of these words? As I see it, the significance of the cars we drive is the joy they bring. For me, to spend quality time with my dad and, now, my son, trumps the Italian grandmother approach (plastic covers on all the 'nice' furniture - I'm Italian so I can say this...ha!). The awesome feelings I did get and will get about the car trumps any time I might have to indulge my OCD by spending time washing, cleaning and ogling the car in my driveway (and, admit it, that's some of the best time spent on a weekend!)

That was a long way of saying, everyone enjoys their car(s) in a different, unique and equally "correct" way.

Now me, with our fancy-dancy weather technology, I won't be taking it out in the snow - that thing is NOT meant for that...

Last edited by 1SwtRide; 01-20-2013 at 06:32 PM..
Old 01-20-2013, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Good post 1SwtRide. Don't get me wrong when I drive my car I drive it fast and hard, but only in nice weather and on clean roads.
As far as plastic covers on furniture? We had those plastic coverings in our cars also. Still remember getting into a 1 hundred degreee car in the summer and melting onto those things. Good times.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

November in NJ, really?!

It was unseasonably warm today in NJ. So, what does one do on such a beautiful day? Duh, car things!!! A new addition is my Cobra Replica - Backdraft Racing // Vintage Motorsports. 700+ supercharged rwhp. ha! That doesn't mean the 930 gets ignored. What a vehicle!! I love getting into it, reaching to the left and firing it up. Such pleasure. Hope all my fellow gear heads are got to enjoy the great weather.

Old 11-02-2017, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: