Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemann427 View Post
Love that second picture, Jacob! The third one is kinda creepy, though...lol
no one has ever accused me of being better looking than my 930.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn H View Post
So you were the lucky bidder on this slant nose at the Barrett-Jackson? It certainly caught my eye also. Did you bid in person or off site?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Paul View Post
summer of 8527 years later
This is AWESOME! Is that you in the first pic? You should make another photo from the same angle and standing in the same spots! ... do you still have those shorts?

'76 Turbo Carrera
'72 Dino 246GT
'59 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider Veloce
Old 01-25-2013, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Spawn of the 930; the 965:Currently under the knife.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb

Last edited by 911nut; 01-28-2013 at 01:19 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Is a 993 turbo ok ?
Old 01-25-2013, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Color

What blue is this color called? Loving the Bisimoto PCAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver_911 View Post
Had to share my favorite 911, Bisimoto Engineering's twin turbo project.

77 911tt EFI wide body red/ Slightly modified SOLD
Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Wide body, molester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redturbo911 View Post
What blue is this color called? Loving the Bisimoto PCAR.
That looks like the oil pan of a 996?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20 LOL View Post
That looks like the oil pan of a 996?
You are correct. He uses 996 motors in his builds and plumbs all the water cooling...
Old 01-26-2013, 04:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer959 View Post
Is a 993 turbo ok ?
Definitely!! Beautiful and wild...... just the way I like 'em!
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-26-2013, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Garage
Camouflage 3.0!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
New Porsche Guy

Garage
Yep...this was the car from Barrett-Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailwind22 View Post
So you were the lucky bidder on this slant nose at the Barrett-Jackson? It certainly caught my eye also. Did you bid in person or off site?
I happened to be in the staging area when this car was coming up to the block. I walked up on stage as it rolled up to be auctioned. This was a misplaced European exotic in an American Muscle Car auction. The bidding went fast. Some on this board may disagree, but I'm still telling myself that I got a stunning car for a good price. The car lived its life in California and Oregon. The slant is not factory, but everything is metal. The finish is truly show car quality.

I might take it to a couple shows first, then take it to driver's schools and run it the way she want meant to be run. As my brother would say "Drive it like you stole it!". I'm not new to driver's schools, but new to Porsche and will start out conservatively until I'm certain that I have the trailing throttle over steer and turbos boost under control before being stupid. (Easier said than done).

I know I will be using this knowledgeable group to guide me through my new Porsche ownership and maintenance experience. I try to do all the mechanical work myself. I will try to find previous posts on subjects the best I can, but I may still post questions that have already been thoroughly beaten to death. If I do, I apologize in advance.

Lyn
Old 01-26-2013, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn H View Post
I happened to be in the staging area when this car was coming up to the block. I walked up on stage as it rolled up to be auctioned. This was a misplaced European exotic in an American Muscle Car auction. The bidding went fast. Some on this board may disagree, but I'm still telling myself that I got a stunning car for a good price. The car lived its life in California and Oregon. The slant is not factory, but everything is metal. The finish is truly show car quality.

I might take it to a couple shows first, then take it to driver's schools and run it the way she want meant to be run. As my brother would say "Drive it like you stole it!". I'm not new to driver's schools, but new to Porsche and will start out conservatively until I'm certain that I have the trailing throttle over steer and turbos boost under control before being stupid. (Easier said than done).

I know I will be using this knowledgeable group to guide me through my new Porsche ownership and maintenance experience. I try to do all the mechanical work myself. I will try to find previous posts on subjects the best I can, but I may still post questions that have already been thoroughly beaten to death. If I do, I apologize in advance.

Lyn
I was close by the computer when that one came up ready to bid if it was really low. I love the car based on the pics and I think you got a very reasonable deal. My old yellow 930 sold there on Sunday. BJ as you mention, is not the venue to sell Porsches. You are right where I was a year ago. Enjoy. Turbos are a blast and I have truely enjoyed working on them all while learning and getting my high school mechanic's skills back.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Mine

Yasin

Last edited by slow&rusty; 01-26-2013 at 04:05 PM..
Old 01-26-2013, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)
I've gone native

Quote:

Quote de tailwind22

Lyn
Congrats, slants are cool.
Enjoy the 930, the last "man's sports car".
Old 01-26-2013, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Yasin, are those Mode or Manzie?
55 Belair
40 Ford pickup
Old 01-26-2013, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
Bad LT

I don't get why he places the turbo's like that so they make their own little low pressure system...

Old 01-27-2013, 03:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
I agree. Went to the web site posted on the bottom of the pic to see if I could find more info......it doesn't exist. Did they change their company name?

Edit: Never mind. The site is Bisimoto.com. The project is listed there.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P

Last edited by WERK I; 01-27-2013 at 04:09 AM.. Reason: Update info
Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

1991 C2 Turbo

1991 C2 Turbo
Old 01-27-2013, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Garage
Nice car Black_Hat
1986 944 Turbo
Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

Garage
Crest on steering wheel of my 89 Slant.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: