Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

RUF 930 dual outlet exhaust on EBAY

I put this RUF exhaust on EBAY with no reserve if anyone here is looking for one.
Porsche 930 Turbo Original Ruf 4R Exhaust Muffler Dual Outlet Euro | eBay

Old 01-24-2013, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Was shocked to see how much it sold for! Good job. Is it really just a 930 muffler with an extra outlet or is there something else to that muffler?
Old 01-27-2013, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I wonder that too. Like if it really flows more than stock, or as you said, if it's just a Euro muffler with an extra bung.

I love the look of that muffler, and I would consider one since I dislike the aesthetics of all the current aftermarket mufflers, but it would still have the weight of the factory muffler, (which weighs as much as the moon).

Closest I've found for getting close to stock tailpipe appearance is the Fabspeed dual-tip single-side.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
No, it has different internals. I saw a thread one time where a guy had opened one up. It was made specifically from the OEM manufacturer to RUF's specs.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
I've gone native

813$
The few I have seen had much cleaner welds and the std "ruf" logo stamped on the side. I suppose they're all different.
Interesting to see the internals on one if those vs a stock.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrorunner View Post
Was shocked to see how much it sold for! Good job.
Interesting, some think even nicely modded 930s are not very desirable. Must be different opinions out there as people drive them and check out their options.

Last edited by voitureltd; 01-28-2013 at 05:48 AM..
Old 01-28-2013, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Mine looks exactly like that, but he rattle-can flat black grill painted it. Should be silver body with a banded heat shield around it, black tips with polished looking ends.

Also has the "RUF 4 R" Welded plate on it.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Air Medal or two

Fool born every min to pay that much for a muffler.....JMO

For those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterburn 549 View Post
Then I guess that would make me a fool as I paid close to that for a similiar one in excellent condition. New they were over $1500 in the 80's. They don't come up for sale that often. In my case, my car has many Ruf items so I decided to continue the trend. They are better options out there but for someone who digs the nostalgic factor it's a cool piece to have(at least for me). Different strokes for different folks.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
I just replaced mine with a B&B for better performance. They do look cool though. I am not sure if I want to keep it or sell it. I do believe that it is a modest upgrade over a stock exhaust and legal in California so it has some value over a lot of after market upgrades that you have to pull to get past the emmisions nazi's.

1986 930 Ultra-Smith RUF Slant Nose conversion, RUF VB, K-27 HF-S, B&B Headers and Exhaust, RUF Short Shifter, RUF Interior
Old 01-29-2013, 02:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Then I guess that would make me a fool as I paid close to that for a similiar one in excellent condition. New they were over $1500 in the 80's. They don't come up for sale that often. In my case, my car has many Ruf items so I decided to continue the trend. They are better options out there but for someone who digs the nostalgic factor it's a cool piece to have(at least for me). Different strokes for different folks.
+1 - - I would have scooped it up had I not already done the Borla [which looks just about the same]... I may have stopped at $750...
Old 01-29-2013, 04:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Air Medal or two

If you will buy these for 800 a whack I will, make you as may as you want ! LOL

For those who have fought for it,
freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I have owned RUF exhausts both ways. A 996 exhaust was stamped on the ends with the RUF logo. The exhaust on my 997 conversion has a simple RUF tag welded on it. It looks stock but the internals are highly modified.
Quote:
813$

The few I have seen had much cleaner welds and the std "ruf" logo stamped on the side. I suppose they're all different.

Interesting to see the internals on one if those vs a stock.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
If you will buy these for 800 a whack I will, make you as may as you want ! LOL
Quote:
Well....
I'm that "fool" who purchased the Ruf dual outlet muffler. As speednme1 aptly put, new, they are prohibitively expensive. Frankly, I don't know why some complain about an eight hundred muffler when some turn around and buy a B&B muffler for $1000+ that have proven to be somewhat restrictive flowing exhaust gases. Don't get me wrong; the B&B has a good exhaust note, but I have decided to "tone it down a bit" in my old age.
I purchased the muffler for two reasons. One, it is period correct for the car that I own. Secondly, it has a nice exhaust note. A friend of mine owns a Ruf 3.4 turbo and I was impressed with the exhaust note. Nice subtle rumble at idle and a very nice exhaust note under full load.

With all that said, I'll be selling the B&B headers, B&B single-in/single-out 930 exhaust system and Tial wastegate in the Spring once I get the stock heat exchangers refurbished and the engine dropped.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-30-2013, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Dave,
I think you made a good purchase with the Ruf exhaust, people who bash it don't know wtf they're talking about.
'86 930
Old 01-30-2013, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

A bolt on, RUF, Good Price...............

U HAVE CHOSEN......................................WISELY ..

Walt
Old 01-30-2013, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

a pic of mine on my car...had to clock the turbo some and ordered a new turbo drip tank from fabspeed but it all came out great.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
a pic of mine on my car...had to clock the turbo some and ordered a new turbo drip tank from fabspeed but it all came out great.
Thanks for the photo, speednme1. The exhaust outlets look about an inch too low to the ground. Is there any mods to the exhaust system? Factory heat exchangers or aftermarket headers? The turbo, is it K27 7200, 7006, other?

Thanks in advance.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
This is mine with the Borla and Dual Tips... I like them "high n tight." I had to lighten the photo a little to show the tips...

Old 01-30-2013, 12:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK I View Post
Thanks for the photo, speednme1. The exhaust outlets look about an inch too low to the ground. Is there any mods to the exhaust system? Factory heat exchangers or aftermarket headers? The turbo, is it K27 7200, 7006, other?

Thanks in advance.
The angle on the photo makes it look worse than it really is. I have ghl headers and a 7200
turbo. I wish I could have raised is a bit more but it fits perfect the way it is. Here is a pic of when I had the Borla on.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: