Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Innovate LM-2 @$%#&

I guess I shouldn't have waited 4 years to try out my LM-2 purchased from Pelican back in August of 2008-the damn thing doesn't work! It just throws an E2 error code (open heater circuit) right after it powers up. None of the troubleshooting steps have worked so I've sent an email to their tech department. I did some searches and found that this is a common problem with those units and that I shouldn't expect much help from Innovate (can't expect much, I guess, since I bought the thing eons ago and let it sit in a box like a dumb ass). Like JimTweet would say WTFer MFer SOB!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 02-09-2013 at 06:06 PM..
Old 02-09-2013, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

not alone

Don't feel bad, I took mine out of the box once, looked like all greek to me. There it sits in the box never used. Suppose I should get of my *** and attempt to figure the thing out.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Banned

One thing you could easily do is test if it will power up and calibrate - this is done without having to install anything.

I actually found my old order for it on Pelican and just sent their customer service department a message about the problem. I don't have any expectations since it has been a ridiculous amount of time since I ordered it, but it will be interesting to see how they respond.

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 02-09-2013 at 10:38 PM..
Old 02-09-2013, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Turbofrog

I rigged up a condensator on the powerline from a pc power unit. That helped on my 930 but I dont remember what was my problem back then? With my Audi it works just fine as it is so it might be alternator/voltage related.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Felipe at innovate is a good guy. I had similar issues with my LC-1 unit. Give him an email or even a call, he might be able to help find a solution.
felipe@innovatemotorsports.com

It may just be a bad lambda sensor. I think VW sells the same sensor and they are fairly cheap.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I'm going throught the same thing and should've know better due to past experience with their products. None have been plug and play and none have worked properly or as advertised. In an attempt at the KISS method I ordered an XD-16 stand alone gage. Same issue. Fired it up went throught the calibration and .... nothing. Sits in E2. My time is WAY too valuable to screw with this.
If you can get throught to customer service and can fix your issue I'm all ears. Sounds like mine has the same problem.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I have 3 LM-2's in electronics storage spot in the garage. After tiring of trying to make them work I bought an AEM unit which worked perfectly and without fuss. Just got my old turbocharged BMW M6 (sorry) running with a new engine left the O2 in that was there when a rod broke in the old engine. Had some crank position sensor issues, but the AEM gauge works just as it did. The car has been sitting for about 17 months.

Anybody want my old LM-2's ?

Am expecting the engine for the 930 to be back together and in my hands this week!

Cheers,
Dave
Old 02-10-2013, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Hello Ronnie. I have had an Lm 2 working full time for over a year. If you can't get anything resolved I would be glad to connect it to my working components and test it out for you.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

I'm not sure about the LM2, but I have a MTL that works great!

I had a problem with the first one, Innovative gave me a return # and in a week a had a brand new unit. No questions asked.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Seems like Innovate better start listening (someone should paste a copy of this thread over to them). They're getting a lot of negative input here.

Fortunately my old LC-1 never gave me a bit of trouble and still works as designed. Granted it's basic compared to the newer versions, but it tells me all I want or need to know. The only problem is that it's takes my eyes off the road now and then.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Banned

Hello Mark. Innovate is definitely aware of problems with some of their products as they used to have a message board on their Home Page and actually disabled it sometime ago due to all the grief they were getting (now links to the old message board just take you to a page that says to contact them if you are having troubles).

Dr.J - thanks for the offer.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I know it is a higher priced item but I found the installation and operation of the WEGO IV AFR gauge to be hassle free. JMHO
Old 02-10-2013, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Banned

I've seen your past posts about the WEGO and it does sound promising, and in fact, it is actually less expensive than the LM-2.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Wow, and I just bought a MTX-L, received it today, should I send back and go with another product...

Edit: Decided to return and go with AEM.

Edit: Should I go with the AEM Analog or Digital?

Last edited by timc; 03-21-2013 at 06:19 PM..
Old 03-21-2013, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
For what it's worth my MTX-L and SSI-4 have worked perfectly for two years and were a breeze to install. Just a data point. Quality control doesn't seem to be their strong point based on this and many other posts.
17 NSX - Nouvelle Blue
Old 03-21-2013, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
I'm going throught the same thing and should've know better due to past experience with their products. None have been plug and play and none have worked properly or as advertised. In an attempt at the KISS method I ordered an XD-16 stand alone gage. Same issue. Fired it up went throught the calibration and .... nothing. Sits in E2. My time is WAY too valuable to screw with this.
If you can get throught to customer service and can fix your issue I'm all ears. Sounds like mine has the same problem.
Brian, it has been a while since I installed mine, so... You don't have a termination plug at the end of the chain do you? It is supposed to be left open.
I installed mine a while back, once I did what the manual said, it has worked ever since.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 03-21-2013, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

I always get scared when I read about Innovate but I haven't had any issues with their MTX-L integrated unit.

Fingers crossed.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Wide body, molester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
I always get scared when I read about Innovate but I haven't had any issues with their MTX-L integrated unit.

Fingers crossed.
Oh you're screwed now.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Probably so. You even had issues with PLX. Now working in the electronics manufacturing biz, I wonder why there is such an issue with these WBO2 systems? What's the failure?

Old 03-21-2013, 10:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: