Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

[QUOTE=voitureltd;8049406]Here is one to consider. 1979 SC turbo, original leather dash still not warped. It needs some upgrades to pass tech to meet current safety standards as it last raced early 90s. Now has fresh fuel cell, suspension restored with some 935 rear suspension and tail. Fresh running gear, slotted Porsche race brakes and 3.4 liter Jarvis twin turbo with dyno break in @ 11psi resulting 500lbs torque and 450HP at 5200RPM. Has GT2 evo cams that will increase HP up to 7200RPM, so hp once boost is @ 15PSI and 7K RPM, HP should be around 600. Cars weight is under 2200LBS. Should be eligible for many racing venues. It still needs new tires, fire suppression system, and current seat and restraining system. Probably $10K more to finish and probably way to fast for a novice like me. Run with some of the big dogs with this one. Possible street 930 trades? PM for more info.

Sorry for the old photo of car at track. Current ones of finished car to large for Pelican so PM for larger new ones. Thanks Tony@VoitureLTD

Last edited by voitureltd; 05-05-2014 at 08:15 PM..
Old 05-05-2014, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Registered turbo addict

Garage
Here is a picture of the car last year at Road America.
I had to pull and re-seal the engine over the winter due to a base cylinder leak.
I've also changed the rear wing to a FabCar wing for more downforce to work with aggresive front splitter.
The stock 930 braking system is more than adequate since the car only weighs 2340lbs. Ive been usiing Padgid yellow pads and they work great.
I will post new photos soon with the new livery soon.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Registered turbo addict

Garage
One more great shot at turn 6.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

[QUOTE=voitureltd;8049778]
Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
Here is one to consider. 1979 SC turbo, original leather dash still not warped. It needs some upgrades to pass tech to meet current safety standards as it last raced early 90s. Now has fresh fuel cell, suspension restored with some 935 rear suspension and tail. Fresh running gear, slotted Porsche race brakes and 3.4 liter Jarvis twin turbo with dyno break in @ 11psi resulting 500lbs torque and 450HP at 5200RPM. Has GT2 evo cams that will increase HP up to 7200RPM, so hp once boost is @ 15PSI and 7K RPM, HP should be around 600. Cars weight is under 2200LBS. Should be eligible for many racing venues. It still needs new tires, fire suppression system, and current seat and restraining system. Probably $10K more to finish and probably way to fast for a novice like me. Run with the big dogs with this one. Possible street 930 trades? PM for more info.

Sorry for the old photo of car at track. Current ones of finished car to large for Pelican so PM for larger new ones. Thanks Tony@VoitureLTD
FWIW, here's a really great and free windows program called easy thumbnails for downsizing picture files that are too big to post.
https://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

I've been using it for years and I have never found anything easier or better for this.
You can do one file at a time, selected batches, or whole folders of files.

I use the lanczos 3 jpeg algorthim setting and usually set quality to around 95%. Experiment with it and learn it. You'll love it if you ever email jpegs or want to downsize pictures to post them on a message board.

It's made for 32 bit windows operating systems so if you use it in 64 bit windows 7 or 8, open the the windows program compatibility mode dialog box and set that to XP service pack 3 and then it will run just as fast in 64 bit Windows 7 or 8.

If your on a MAC it already has excellent graphics software programs built into it.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menmojo View Post
One more great shot at turn 6.
I remember it well. really nice addition to the corner five area, and beyond

Last edited by voitureltd; 05-05-2014 at 08:16 PM..
Old 05-05-2014, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Wow! The more I look the more I like. Nice find.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Registered turbo addict

Garage
New Livery

Here are my new vinyl graphics...new wing....let me know what you think.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Neat stuff. Should be fun this summer.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Registered turbo addict

Garage

At Road America in new livery.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up Road America

Have to finally chime in here after watching this thread... You have a very nice sorted car and to be at Road America WOW ! One of my favorite tracks in the country . Lucky man you are The new graphics look great

Kozmo
Old 05-29-2014, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Old 05-29-2014, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: