Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Porsche 935 genuine cylinder head question!

Hi,

I have an tuned porsche 930 Turbo with a quite interesting setup. It has genuine porsche 935 cylinder heads and magnesium valve covers for the twin plug setup (genuine).

I also have the original laying around and Im about to sell off those 935 heads and mount the orginal instead.

What are the "fair value" of a set genuine porsche 935 cylinder heads with the original valv cover on the market? The are newly rebuilt with new valves and valve guides (has done less than 20000 km on the road)? I have seen them for some astonishing figures but Im not shore of the real value...

I have a pictures over a simiar ones (not mine) below. Im not shore of these (in picture) are originals or not but mine are the real Mc Coy with steel ring gasket in the top.

I appreciate your feedback on this issue.

Thanks in advance!

BR J

Last edited by JAK2011; 03-01-2013 at 11:24 PM..
Old 03-01-2013, 11:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Here is another picture of an original cylinder head

Old 03-01-2013, 11:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

I would get in touch with Bruce Canepa Santa Cruz area. He has a real factory 935 that he races and bought it when it was new. If he did not want them for spares I bet he would know someone who would. Also a guy in Seattle had lots of 935 and other Porsche race parts. Was near Lake Union on the canal. I have bought some parts from him years ago ( Mr. Wier or Weier?) so I would have to dig to get his contact info. He had some 935 heads so would probably have a idea of value also.

Last edited by voitureltd; 03-02-2013 at 06:23 AM..
Old 03-02-2013, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Sorry that this was missed but Paul Weir died last year. He chose to end his life rather than succumb to Huntington's disease. In Memory of Paul Weir

Last edited by pavulon; 03-02-2013 at 06:57 AM..
Old 03-02-2013, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

What a shame, he was the real deal. RIP
Old 03-02-2013, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Really sad to hear about Bruce, my condolances goes to him and his family...

Also, thanks for your help.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Registered

umm...not aware of Bruce having gone any where but do you have any images of the heads in your possession?
Old 03-03-2013, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

I would call Kremer in Cologne.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 03-03-2013, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
gearhead

I would call Jerry Woods over any of the other people mentioned. I'll give you one guess who tends to Canepa's cars for him.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

You could call or email Kevin Jeanette at Gunnar Porsche Racing. He knows more about them then anyone in the country. Gunnar Racing
Old 03-04-2013, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
umm...not aware of Bruce having gone any where but do you have any images of the heads in your possession?
Maybe Bruce Anderson? Sadly, he passed recently.

Instagram / UberPorsche930

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg4ZbACRJsODXgnlMVZsjEg?view_as=subscriber
Old 03-04-2013, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

7-73 in that picture that might be a RSR head.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
With all the 935 guys on this board and one of the largest and longest running threads on the board being dedicated to the 935 everyone is telling you to go talk to people who do not even contribute to the Pelican forums... come on guys there are a few of us here who know what a 935 head is if you still have those heads I would be interested.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

I noticed the 935 recently on ebay is/was yours. In Florida for sale? Also I noticed in the ebay ad it lists the first owner of #27 as Claude Haldi in 1978. What about some publications that list the first owner as George Loos of GELCO as per Jurgen Barth? I did not notice it for sale on Pelican or did I miss it?

Last edited by voitureltd; 04-12-2013 at 09:31 AM..
Old 04-12-2013, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
I noticed the 935 recently on ebay is/was yours. In Florida for sale? Also I noticed in the ebay ad it lists the first owner of 27th built as George Loos of GELCO race team then to Claude Haldi in 1978. I did not notice it for sale on Pelican or did I miss it?
Hey Tony it was a joke .. hence the smiley face to give some context.

" In Florida for sale?" Yes the car is in Florida

"I did not notice it for sale on Pelican or did I miss it?" No Tony you did not miss it as I have never listed any of my cars on Pelican for sale but maybe next time I will, couldn't hurt.

Tony if you have any other questions just PM me
Old 04-12-2013, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
I noticed the 935 recently on ebay is/was yours. In Florida for sale? Also I noticed in the ebay ad it lists the first owner of #27 as Claude Haldi in 1978. What about some publications that list the first owner as George Loos of GELCO as per Jurgen Barth? I did not notice it for sale on Pelican or did I miss it?
Hey Tony now I notice you changed your post and threw in that peice about Jurgen Barth

I have conversed with Jurgen many times about this car and maybe you should go look at his new book on the 934/935 that he wrote with Brend Dobronz as I was a contributor to the content and the individual 935 histories

Also you may want to read my ebay auction and notice that I say , and this is a direct quote "930 670 0171 was originally sold to famous Swiss privateer Claude Haldi a veteran of 34 runnings of the famed Le Mans 24 Hour race and 29 outings at the Nurburgring. Haldi was a consistent competitor in European road racing, hill climbs and the Monte Carlo rally."

I have an email from Jurgen telling me the car in question was first owned by Georg Loos and that Loos sold the car to Haldi after the 1976 running of Le Mans. Jurgen has since changed that history and I have no doubt he is 100% correct but yes at first Jurgen thought this was a Loos car.

Since you seem to have some kind of an issue I will be happy to PM you my phone number and why don't you give me a call and we can talk about it.

and if anyone would like to read the auction details shoot me a PM and I will give you a link to it so you can read exactly what it says.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZ935 View Post
Hey Tony it was a joke .. hence the smiley face to give some context.

" In Florida for sale?" Yes the car is in Florida

"I did not notice it for sale on Pelican or did I miss it?" No Tony you did not miss it as I have never listed any of my cars on Pelican for sale but maybe next time I will, couldn't hurt.

Tony if you have any other questions just PM me
Sorry I missed the . The one thing i did find a bit confusing was Jurgen Barth of Porsche lists #27 first delivered to George Loos GELCO racing, raced to 2nd in class Le Mans then was later sold to Swiss privateer Claude Haldi. If correct it is even another accomplishment for this great car.

Last edited by voitureltd; 04-12-2013 at 10:14 AM..
Old 04-12-2013, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Sorry I missed the . The one thing i did find a bit confusing was Jurgen Barth of Porsche lists #27 first delivered to George Loos GELCO racing, raced to 2nd in class Le Mans then was later sold to Swiss privateer Claude Haldi. If correct it is even another accomplishment for this great car.
Tony my car is 930 670 0171... at first Jurgen thought my car was the Loos car...

I beleive Jurgen now has 930 670 0175 as the car that was one of the Loos team 934's that finished second at Le Mans. I have no doubt he is correct. If you look at my ebay auction I state about 930 670 0171

"First outing was in May of 1976 when Haldi showed up at the Nurburgring and finished 4th in the 1000 kilometer race. After the ring the Le Mans 24 Hour race was run with 0171 qualifying and running very well but sidelined with a valve issue."
Old 04-12-2013, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZ935 View Post
Hey Tony now I notice you changed your post and threw in that peice about Jurgen Barth

I have conversed with Jurgen many times about this car and maybe you should go look at his new book on the 934/935 that he wrote with Brend Dobronz as I was a contributor to the content and the individual 935 histories

Also you may want to read my ebay auction and notice that I say , and this is a direct quote "930 670 0171 was originally sold to famous Swiss privateer Claude Haldi a veteran of 34 running’s of the famed Le Mans 24 Hour race and 29 outings at the Nurburgring. Haldi was a consistent competitor in European road racing, hill climbs and the Monte Carlo rally."

I have an email from Jurgen telling me the car in question was first owned by Georg Loos and that Loos sold the car to Haldi after the 1976 running of Le Mans. Jurgen has since changed that history and I have no doubt he is 100% correct but yes at first Jurgen thought this was a Loos car.

Since you seem to have some kind of an issue I will be happy to PM you my phone number and why don't you give me a call and we can talk about it.

and if anyone would like to read the auction details shoot me a PM and I will give you a link to it so you can read exactly what it says.
No issue . I have been researching a 934 I was interested in that was upgraded to a 962 motor and later Kremer body. When I looked up your car #0171 in the same publication ( John Starkey's published 2008 ) it listed it as first raced by George Loos GELCO racing. "If correct" it was a piece of good additional history. There can sometimes be conflicting documentation on cars built 35+ years ago even by noted authors quoting from the same source at different times.

Last edited by voitureltd; 04-12-2013 at 03:49 PM..
Old 04-12-2013, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: