Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
I noticed the oil pressure gage, the tach, and speedo all read much higher values than the standard 930 turbo gages.

Are those stock for the turbo S or did you get them modified from somewhere?

I like the 180mph speedo with the yellow sticky labels. The oil pressure gage is cool too: is that psi readings on the gage? I like this more than the bar readings on the normal US gages.

Fred

1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 03-14-2013, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuggy View Post
Nope, both the horn assembly and the 3 special fat countersunk allen screws to bolt the wheel itself to the hub adaptor should come with the wheel (which is, BTW, an Aitwe Indianapolis, or an Aitwe Formel 360 wheel, aka a "Typ 32" or KB70111 wheel. Even people who will tell you that the one in the Porsche box is magically different admit that it has the same markings on the back - because Aitwe made them all).

I bought a few replacement horn assemblies from, if memory serves, lenkendradshop.de on Ebay.de, who also stocked the horn pads and the screws. However, that web site doesn't seem to be live any more - and I see no Aitwe parts listed on eBay - eine der größten deutschen Shopping-Websites currently.

Aitwe is owned by RAID now; it's fairly hard work to buy parts through them, as they apparently can't readily look up part #'s for their own products... So, although they tried to help, I ended up buying all the screws, horn pads, horn rings etc. elsewhere. The RAID website Tuning r.d.i. Webshop doesn't seem to list any Aitwe parts at all now...
OK, just in case anyone else goes looking for spares for an Aitwe wheel, I figured out my brain fart above: the website is actually lenkradshop.de http://lenkradshop.de, I bought parts from them both via Ebay and direct, and they were very helpful.

They offer some Aitwe parts (lenradzubehor?) that don't seem to be available from FVD, like:

Hub adaptors for many cars (lenradnaben): Atiwe - Lenkradshop.de

Complete horn pads (prallkissen) Atiwe Leder Prallkissen horn pad - Lenkradshop.de

Aitwe screw kits (lenradschrauben) Atiwe - Lenkradshop.de

Straight (10.5cm) and eccentric (4cm) hub spacers (Nabenverlängerung): Spacer / Verlängerungen - Lenkradshop.de

And there's a 10mm eccentric on a different page that looks like the one more commonly seen: Atiwe Exzenterring ATI - 403 10mm - Lenkradshop.de

And of course, the horn ring that started this thread: Atiwe Indianapolis Formel Hupentaster 27923 - Lenkradshop.de

As well as complete Aitwe Formel 360 wheels Atiwe - Lenkradshop.de

(these are all current production Aitwe wheels, note the coarser grain, more matte finish and the seam up the front of the bottom spoke - just like the current Techquipment wheels from Porsche, in fact).

Best to be sitting down when you look at some of the prices...

Last edited by spuggy; 06-06-2013 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: Heck, I just can't get the name correct, it seems...
Old 05-18-2013, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeister View Post
I noticed the oil pressure gage, the tach, and speedo all read much higher values than the standard 930 turbo gages.

Are those stock for the turbo S or did you get them modified from somewhere?

I like the 180mph speedo with the yellow sticky labels. The oil pressure gage is cool too: is that psi readings on the gage? I like this more than the bar readings on the normal US gages.

Fred
74-77 gauges all (both 911 and 930) had numbered oil temp/pressure gauges; 74-76 oil temp is 0-300 (requires the SC sender), '77 oil temp is 0-340 and uses the '77 2.7, 930 or 3.2 sender. All want the 10 bar pressure sender.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: