Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Vacuum system.

Hi again.

I`m working to get everything assembled and hopefully get the thing moving for spring. I made a few threads already but here`s one more. Last one hopefully

Since my last post i bought the XDI system because it`s distributorless and simple to tune. This i will be installing over the next days. Thankfully there`s alot of info so i think that might go well

I`ll add some photos to explain my problem:

1. long and not locked
2. locked off
3. locked off
Both 1 and 2 is supposed to go to egr but since that is gone why is #2 locked off and where does #1 go?

Same numbers but different view.

The long vacuum line probably the one going to the distributor. Since i dropped the dizzy do i just lock it off?

Those round connections go where? All grounds?

I guess egr is eliminated and stuff but not sure how to connect the remaining ones. Got any ideas?

Sorry for naging you guys. Hope you`ll help me again

Oheggem

Old 03-27-2013, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Concerning hose connections, those may help:

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 03-28-2013, 12:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Roland but those are the ones i use but they help nothing if you read the problems. As i`ve dropped the dizzy i`m not sure what to do with the line. Just block it off or reroute it?
Also the single hose on the of throttle housing to vacuum control is blocked off.
One of the two hoses from the throttle housing going to egr are blocked off and the other not. Where is that routed instead?

it`s a modified system of a car from Seattle and i`m trying to figure out how it`s plumbed...Thought maby this was a popular mod and someone could guide me a bit
Old 03-28-2013, 12:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Don't think my post does not help.

Check the hose connection plan for Europe and compare to your hose routing. Everything shoulb be like this except the missing dizzy. This one you can block-off if not should connected to the XDI system (don't know if there is vacuum connection for ignition advance)

The cable connections looks like:

big one is ground (should be brown)

small ones (check cable colors: brown/red and white) are for stock ignition coil. As car seems to run, XDI system has coil etc... already connected, so you can delete them

Any more questions?

Old 03-28-2013, 01:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I got TONS of questions No just the one

The two vacuum lines going from throttle housing is not shown on the europe picture and just one is blocked off. #1 on my picture goes?
Also i got a auxillary air valve with a front plug as on the california vacuum system.

Yes, the coil wires. I was so tired when i wrote the initial post i just didn`t think!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oheggem View Post
The two vacuum lines going from throttle housing is not shown on the europe picture and just one is blocked off. #1 on my picture goes?
Also i got a auxillary air valve with a front plug as on the california vacuum system.
The two lines are for the EGR valve (#18 on the California plan). Check if you got one.

The auxillary valve has to be connected like shown here:

Old 03-28-2013, 02:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
This is how it is now. Got no EGR and no other hoses to connect exept for one out of teh throttle housing. I made up this below to clarify
Old 03-28-2013, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
If the small vacuum line that operates the aux air valve vacuum canister (5) on the california plan is not connected, is that a problem?, it seems like air will still get to the intake manifold through the large T hose at the rear of the throttle bypass valve, the larger hose between 4 and 5? The Aux air valve vacuum canister has its operating line removed from my car as well as the thermovalve which operates it.. which is vented. I still have 8 the thermo valve which goes to the distributor. Is it necessary to have both lines connected to the distributor? Mine only has the one line which is attached to the vacuum line on the distributor which faces the rear of the car. the small stub vacuum line on the distributor vacuum pot that face the engine case, has no line and is open to atmosphere... So I have a few questions on these lines too, that I would really like to ge the answers for.. Thanks, Ben
Old 03-28-2013, 11:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Oheggem

your question on the no EGR, both of those small brass lines on my car at the throttle body are capped off, which would go to 18, and the car seems to run fine, so I think you can cap those off, like in the Europe schematic and be fine. I think my car is pretty much set up like the euro schematic, so I think its ok, just wanted to confirm on the couple questions I asked above.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Aha so i`m not the only one with thoughts on this

I think maby the open hose from the throttle housing might have been connected to the intake housing. I have now removed that for a open filter. Whatcha think?

As i have the california auxillary air valve but no thermo valve i think my system has been converted to europe.

Thx for that

Old 03-28-2013, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: