Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
That what happen to a Turbo buddy of mine, he obviously lost track of the TDC on #1 as it just would not go. Someone suggest to do a 360 rotation and voilas... She started right up.
Hehe. How easy it would have been. I did this but nothing changed. That`s what got me thinking. There are two cylinders to each coil and i figured since no change was made while turning 360 then it had to fire both cylinders each time and it wouldn`t matter which TDC it fired from. 1 or 4 i mean. As long as it`s initial setup is correct with the wiring and coil connetions it will run prefectly.

Am i understanding this correctly?

Old 04-17-2013, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oheggem View Post
Hehe. How easy it would have been. I did this but nothing changed. That`s what got me thinking. There are two cylinders to each coil and i figured since no change was made while turning 360 then it had to fire both cylinders each time and it wouldn`t matter which TDC it fired from. 1 or 4 i mean. As long as it`s initial setup is correct with the wiring and coil connetions it will run prefectly.

Am i understanding this correctly?
If its running, leave it along...

Yes, each DFU fire 2 cylinders at the same time, the one on the compression cycle count, the one on the exhaust cycle does nothing.

Now I remember that my buddy was still on the normal distributor (his pre MFI days) at the time.

In conversations with Richard (Clewett Engineering) and in the instructions sheets, wirring is the biggest problem, read it 10 times and still screw it up

I'm starting the electrical this week-end... Will see

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 04-17-2013, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Power for the coils and tach signal you can get from the old CDI connector. Search for a pinout. Like a breace. The rest is straight forward just take it slow. Switched power ended up with a direct battery cable for me but i`ll put this on a "missile switch" later on for style I had a turbo though so not sure if it`s the same on a SC.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oheggem View Post
Power for the coils and tach signal you can get from the old CDI connector. Search for a pinout. Like a breace. The rest is straight forward just take it slow. Switched power ended up with a direct battery cable for me but i`ll put this on a "missile switch" later on for style I had a turbo though so not sure if it`s the same on a SC.
No CDI on this SC chassis... Was updated to a 3.2 a few POs ago.

While I've been doing electronics since the early 70's, I'm still will be reading the instruction a few time and take it slow as you mentioned.

Enjoy your ride tomorrow

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 04-17-2013, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: