Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Painting my 930 what bumper bellows would you recommend?

Getting my 930 painted and would like the bellows to look shinny like the original ones are they available? I talked to customer service at Pelican and they only have three of the four and they are dull and I'm not sure I will like that look.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Just clean them up. Coat them in petrolium Jelly (vasaline, or in German Viener slicker). Let set for an hour or so clean off excess then cover it with mothers rubber black or any good tire dressing. they will shine right up. Also works really well on the rubber lip on the tail.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L

Last edited by Ken911; 04-08-2013 at 05:32 PM..
Old 04-08-2013, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

+1 on clean and lube. Don't/never paint them.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

When I was Navying many years ago, we called it Vienner Schlidder....
Old 04-09-2013, 01:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayebaal View Post
When I was Navying many years ago, we called it Vienner Schlidder....
lol
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 04-09-2013, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I agree vasaline smeared on them is probably best and longest lasting.

You can set them out in the hot sun or on the dashboard of a car in the sun for a day or two so they get really hot and that way some of the vasaline will soak into surface of the rubber and make it look nice and help preserve it.

Rain won't rinse off vasaline unlike alot of the spray bottle rubber conditioners.
A good rubber, interior vinyl, and plastic conditioner is Lexol vinylex.
Vinylex by Lexol
Old 04-09-2013, 07:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
I got really good results with this:
SWIZÖL – Deutschland

Europe's finest stuff for car grooming...
Old 04-09-2013, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
My bad, that was supposed to link to their product, the plastic restorer. used once in a while, makes all plastic parts look like new..
Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Thanks for all the info will try vasaline

Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: