Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

CF bling

I just saw this over on the 911 forum and thought that those of you thinking about spending hudreds on carbo fiber shrouds etc. might want to look at this. Escpeially since some of our plastic parts arent available if CF.
Let's see your hydro dipped parts...here's mine

88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 04-08-2013, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

That looks ridiculous.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

A few words come to mind: spew, up-chuck, blow chips, ralph, regurgitate, hurl, puke, and vomit. However, with moderation and the right color scheme this might be pretty nice stuf. But the example was far too pimped for my ride...each to his own!
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 04-08-2013 at 11:56 AM..
Old 04-08-2013, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I agree the example was over done. But instead of spending hundreds for a shroud. I was looking at getting a shroud and the heater connections. But this might be less expensive and possibly more durable. Also was thinking of some of the interior parts people try to get but are WAY over the top price wise. I prefer the stock interior look but have seen CF and wood burl kits over the years for a ton of money.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 04-08-2013, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Don't think it would be too bad if it was the standard grey'ish black CF colour.
1980 SC Flatnose, Euro 3.0, LW Flywheel, 993 Cams, Port & Polish Heads, RS Cut Valves, Magnacor Leads, Boxster Brakes, WEVO Mounts, TRG Roll Bars, Rollcage, RSR rear fenders, WEVO Shifter, K27 7200 Turbo, OBX Headers, Tial Wastegate, Omex 710 ECU, 3.2 Intake, Full Bay Intercooler.....400HP
Old 04-08-2013, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I went to the website they have every cf pattern looks like in every color plus wood grain cammo. etc. they do car interior parts. guns, body panels, pretty much anything you can paint. Honestly a cf painted hood would look tons better than to some the poorly laid up cf hoods i have seen. wouldnt turn yellow and fade in the sun either.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 04-08-2013, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Banned

Nothing screams "tool" like fake carbon fiber - ha!
Old 04-08-2013, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Fake carbon fiber that adds weight? i can't stomach that.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ851 View Post
Fake carbon fiber that adds weight? i can't stomach that.
Most of it is it's Carbon fiber laminated over fiber glass. Actually heavier. If i ever build a track car and go CF on the body though it will be real and will be covered with paint.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 04-08-2013, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

If you just want something that looks the part look at 3M Di-Noc vinyl.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtel View Post
That looks ridiculous.
Amen brother, AMEN

Old 04-09-2013, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: