Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Correct part #

This is for you early Turbo guys. Finally pulled one of the axles to replace a torn cv boot already had what I thought were the correct ones I got from our host. The ones they show to be for the Turbo in the online catalog. About an inch to small in diameter. The boots they sent are part #901 332 293 12. Calling back they can't find the correct part #. Did the early Turbos use a boot applicable to a later model?

Old 05-15-2013, 05:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Banned

Here is the part number for 1978 on (found in the Porsche PET) - Pelican Parts - Automotive Parts and Accessories - Porsche & BMW

I also looked up the 1975-1977 and that has the part number you show in your post. I then looked, and compared the part #s of the axles of each, and the numbers are the same except for the last two digits on each one (00 for early and 04 for late). I'm not sure what this means, however, or if it answers any questions for you . . .

Another interesting tidbit, is a separate CV joint is listed for the early cars (I did not look to see if it was available, however), but not for the later ones (only number is for the complete axl assembly). I noticed this when I was looking to compare the part numbers for the CV joints) . . .

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 05-15-2013 at 08:42 AM..
Old 05-15-2013, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: