Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Advice on when to activate RPM solenoid

Guys,

I have my BL WUR dialed into AFR=12 @ 6000 rpm. Now I want to start using the RPM triggered solenoid for boost delay.

What do you think is the right RPM to go with? 4000 rpm is the lowest pill I have. If I use this the boost will be around 0.5 bar by this point.

How lean do you let yours go versus boost level and still be safe?

Old 05-28-2013, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Anyone?
Old 05-29-2013, 04:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
I looked at your curves and it seems you have AF of 11.5 by roughly 4500rpm.

That seems like a reasonable place to start. I would think maintaining 11.5 to 1 is a good target as it is not too rich but gives a little margin in case a cylinder is running leaner than the others. After all the O2 sensor is averaging the gases in your header after the collectors so one or two cylinders could be leaner than the reading your seeing as well as a few richer to get at your result.
I am not an engine tuner with lots of turbo tuning info to share but this is my educated guess.

Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 05-29-2013, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you for the response. This is the part that I am missing.

If I delay the enrichment until say 4000rpm, instead of having a AFR=10.7 @ 0.5bar then I would be getting a AFR=13.1. Isn't this too lean for a boost of 0.5bar?

I completely understand why to delay the enrichment to prevent the extremely rich condition in the mid range. My concern (lack of knowledge) is that the AFR is then too lean in the mid range for the level of boost. I havent had any luck finding a recommend AFR vs boost chart.

Where am I going wrong in my thought on this?

Old 05-29-2013, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

I don't think it'll be a problem being 13:1 at 0.5 bar since Chris at TK says he likes 12:1 at 1-bar plus.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: