Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

1st 930 Pic - 5 Years Late

I have long broken one of the cardnial rules of this forum as I have never posted a picture of my car, (except for the engine bay and a rear view pic on the "butt" thread in the 911 forum), even though I have been a member since 2007 - so here it is. This is a cool picture my father took following a qick blast down the runway at a small airport he owns. Next to the rear shots of the car, I think this is one of the most flattering angles. And it is fitting that there is a moving train in the background - HA!

Old 06-04-2013, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Cool
Old 06-04-2013, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
thumbs up for grandprixweiss
Old 06-04-2013, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Dude share more pictures !

That is a sweet ride. Hoarding it all for yourself
Old 06-04-2013, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks for the compliments guys, and I will try to load more pictures at some point (I'm not much of a picture-taker , except for eBay listings - ha!).

Hey Mark and Cole - do you think we might be long-lost brothers?!?!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Ronnie:

I believe we are !!!!! I always knew you had exquisite taste in cars, color, and
the company you keep !!!!!!!!

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

All these years and we finally get to see your true colors. You've just moved another notch up my friendship scale. Lookin' REAL good! I need to get out the camera and take some decent shots of mine as well....it's been quite awhile and new cameras in between.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

ALL GOOD

Walt
Old 06-05-2013, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Very nice!
White is a good porsche color and helps to keep cool in the sun down south.

I like the train back there too.
I can hear the Florida east coast railroad trains going by everyday, especially during the crisp cool winter nights when the windows are open and the AC is off.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Great looking car Ronnie
Dad with a runway ?
Sounds like a great place for a son with a 930.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Banned

I think I'll do a "Cole-style" post here!

Cole: I couldn't keep better company than I do here, however, my 930 is but a pimple on the fine ass of your beast!

Mark: I think you, Cole, and I need to get some DNA testing done. For one thing, if we are indeed related, I stand to benefit, inheritance wise, if either of my two brothers kick before me!!!

Walt: thanks dude!

JF: freight and passenger trains run through that area at least 10 times a day (often far more) - they make so much noise that you can not talk to someone, in person or on the phone, when they pass by. It is really fun to be making passes down the runway in my car when a train comes by - the car blows the trains away - ha!

Vas: my dear old dad, of almost 70, is a retired military aviator that got involved with small aircraft (flying, instructing, wrenching) when he left the Air Force. He hangered a plane out of that airfield for many years, and got to know the owner well - when the owner became too sick to enjoy the place any more, my parents bought it from him. They have owned and operated it for over 10 years now. It has a 1-year-old, concrete runway and taxiway on it due to the good fortune of a local natural gas company wanting to run pipe though the property (big $ score there). Let me tell you, one can haul much ass down that thing in a 930, and all the old-timer aviators out there love the car! I've taken the old man for many a blast down the runway, and out of the corner of my eye, I can see his whole body tense-up when the boost hits and then he has an ear-to-ear grin on his face when I slow down.

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 06-05-2013 at 04:02 PM..
Old 06-05-2013, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Awesome story about your dad!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Not every day you hear about someone who has their own runway. Fantastic Ronnie! Isn't their a Pelicanite amateur photographer that can meet Ronnie and do a photo shoot? The 930 on the runway with airport in background, on runway with plane, on runway....you get the idea.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Great story.
Thanks Ronnie
Old 06-05-2013, 09:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Ronnie:

Thanks so much for the story about your dad it really touched
my junk old heart. My father was an incredible man that could do
anything and I idolized him. He was always teaching me and was
a serious car guy (Corvettes), He died when I was 18 and although
I know he is with me always I have missed him terribly. He would
love the Old Sled and we would have had that same ride. The only
difference would be he would be driving and trying to make me
scream like a little girl. You brought a happy tear to my eye.

THANK YOU !!!!!

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 06-06-2013 at 05:49 AM..
Old 06-06-2013, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Prrrrreeeetttycool!

Ronnie, great story about your dad, reminded of mine with his 356s and going for rides with him when I was a kid - priceless memories. Enjoy them both!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
whats the airport identifier?
15 Ram Eco Diesel
Old 06-06-2013, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by j930 View Post
whats the airport identifier?
The identifier is 9F9.

Cole and others - I'm glad you liked the story!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Great looking car, Ronnie! White cars are growing on me big-time. Yours, Cole's of course, and Piero's insane one in Italy. Great contrast with the black bits.
Lose the front plate, man! Is FL tough on enforcement? I've got one $25 ticket in 25 years of no front plate on anything I drive in NY.
And great story with your Dad, too. I bet many of us DIY'ers here had an old-school Dad blazing the self-reliance trail for us. I did.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrken View Post
Great looking car, Ronnie! White cars are growing on me big-time. Yours, Cole's of course, and Piero's insane one in Italy. Great contrast with the black bits.
Lose the front plate, man! Is FL tough on enforcement? I've got one $25 ticket in 25 years of no front plate on anything I drive in NY.
And great story with your Dad, too. I bet many of us DIY'ers here had an old-school Dad blazing the self-reliance trail for us. I did.
Thanks! Here in Texas it is a fine of $200 (plus fees) for driving on public roads without a front plate. Worse than the threat of the fine, though, is the fact that not having a front plate constitutes probable cause for being pulled over, searched, vehicle searched etc, so it's just not worth the hassle (I do think they look better without, however).

My dad got me started on this DIY stuff, too (though he was not a "car guy" - more of a general, handy man type). My 1st car, back in 1981 or so, was a 1970 Opel GT - not a complete beater, but needed work and constant maintenance. My dad bought the car, and I immediately began making monthly payments. I had to learn how to repair it (mechanical and bodywork) as there was no taking it to the shop as far as he was concerned. I was also forbidden to drive if I did not maintain a B average in school so as to qualify for lower insurance. One thing of interest about the Opel - I began driving on my own at age 15 (was legal age in South Dakota at the time) and promptly put the car in a ditch less than three months after getting my license (too fast on a gravel road). Trying to explain that to dear 'ole Dad is NOT a fond memory! I've carried this DIY way of thinking with me ever since (and my love for German cars, too).

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 06-07-2013 at 05:40 PM..
Old 06-07-2013, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: