Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
R.I.P.

FS- Clewett Engineering Plug Wires EDIS

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Last edited by drmatera; 06-10-2013 at 02:22 PM..
Old 06-07-2013, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I will take them.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Darrin Sorry to hear about it getting wrecked!! I didnt know you had even sold it.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 06-07-2013, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Sorry to hear your car changed hands and from the sound of this got wadded up. Hope he bought it from you first.

Whats next, 996TT or . . .

and is the rain ever gonna stop?

Last edited by JFairman; 06-07-2013 at 05:18 PM..
Old 06-07-2013, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

oh god i hope it stops I was planning on pulling mine out finally to start the rebuild this weekend but i guess not.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 06-07-2013, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Wires are sold.

Yes he bought the car, then crashed it. He is swapping all the good parts into a tub he just picked up. It will live again.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry if you said before, but I not noticed:

Why do you sold that awesome car?

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 06-08-2013, 12:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
R.I.P.

I sold it in a moment of weakness. He had been asking me to sell him the car for awhile and I guess the stars aligned one day and we struck a deal. I have been considering a 996TT as I was wanting a more friendly DD. the summers down here are very wet and hot and the 930 was just not getting the exercise that she deserved. But I have decided to hold out for a 997.1TT maybe next year. For now my business is consuming my time, toys will have to wait.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Oh man...you sold the car to your friend and he promply wrecked it?!?! That white 930 was one of the best looking 930 around! Sorry for being overly dramatic.

Do tell us how he wrecked it. Was it too much for him or was it due to going too fast in bad driving conditions? These things can bite you!

Good to know that you're busy with your business...that's a good sign.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Here's a couple from PBIR a few years ago... you're out in front, I'm trying to keep up and the Ferrari was loud. Message me you're email and I'll send the large versions to you.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
JF, that's a great track action shot. If it's okay with you and Darrin I'll may consider the 1st pic for 2014 calendar. Send me a PM for my email.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I'll leave it up to Darin. I don't know who took the picture, I found it on facebook. I think the photographer gave up any rights to it when he posted it there.
It looks like we're going around the chicane after the short straight next to the pits and I remember seeing a camera flash there.
Palm Beach International Raceway - Palm Beach International Raceways Road Course
It was a small facebook picture. I upsized it, brought the shadow detail up and sharpened it in photoshop CS6 before putting it here last night. Of course it gets small again when uploading it here but the larger copy looks pretty good.

Frank took the other shot where we're around halfway down the straight. It's the only time I've had my 930 on a track... I think it was the most fun I've ever had..
Old 06-09-2013, 06:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
R.I.P.

That is a great shot.

And I can't lie there is some regret, mostly because of the fact that it is destroyed. If it was still on the road I could have had that notion that I could buy it back... but that is a chapter now closed

I don't know the specifics but I do know he was having lots of fun right up to the woops. He is a good driver, so weather may have been a factor. Mostly I feel bad for him because I could see the excitement in his eyes when we struck the deal. It was a dream of his, as was it all of ours here, to own one of these very unique vehicles. I still come across pics on my computer and spill a little E85 in remembrance. Long live the baddest car ever built.

oh, and by all means use the pics

Old 06-10-2013, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: