Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

this can't be this difficult!!!!

Now that I've confirmed my front shocks are bottoming out and the internal bumpers are the only thing active (no bumpers to cut), I need to find a way to get a shock that when installed is in its working range. There has to be a shock that works with the car at the lower height. Any suggestions?

Old 06-10-2013, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Bilstein sports are usually shorter. Call a place that sells them like Elephant Racing for advice.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

How low is your car? I have mine lowered as well as many others in here with no problems bottoming. Can you provide a pic to judge height by? FYI I am still running the factory struts.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I measured 24" in rear and 24.5" in front, through the wheel center to the bottom most part of the fender. I think I figured out that the shock bumper is at the bottom of the shock and that's why I didn't see it last night. I'm going to take the roll pin out and fully remove the insert from the tube and see if I can find the bumper.
Scott
Old 06-11-2013, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
My ride is about as low as they get on this forum, look at the thread titled "lowered correctly...finally". I have a photo of my ride height, so you can compare with yours.

Elephant Racing, Rebel Racing and probably others, offer shortened shocks for lowered cars.

The only proper way to lower the front is to raise the spindles, this retains the correct geometry, so......

Mark
Old 06-11-2013, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Follow Mark's advise^^^.

BTW, I'm running adj. Konis all around = no problem.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: