Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
1.5 bar boost update

I dont know how to find other thread so ill put update here ..
recap: , i put a Monty Muffler in my Euro 1977 930
around the same time or maybe before, im not sure but turbo kept boosting to 1.5 bar very quickly,
i tightened what i could and have now removed the Wastegate see pic,

i noticed the membrane was pinched i have cleaned it a bit, there are no holes or tears, is it still ok to use?

the hole ive marked on pic, does anything go in there? (dont laugh), ive looked for a 930 wastegate installation thread but cant find any, i think maybe a hose should have been on it but possibly blew off i dont know.

Any help appreciated greatly
Cheers Rob

Old 06-15-2013, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
one more thing,
the membrane part, if i need to replace ive noticed that only the membrane itself is sold and not the metal bit it is stuck to, does anyone know how to get the membrane off it to swap for a replacement if needed?

Cheers Rob
Old 06-15-2013, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Look at post 26
Boosting to the moon
Old 06-15-2013, 09:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Just did the same thing. DO change the diaphragm, any whole is a problem, and those are under quite some stress over the years...

I too didnt know how to separate the 2 metal discs, had it in WD40 over night, afterwards separates nicely.

The whole you are pointing to should habe a hose and a screw attached, on a 3.3 this should connect to the intercooler I believe..
Old 06-15-2013, 10:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks!
Old 06-15-2013, 11:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon930Berlin View Post
Just did the same thing. DO change the diaphragm, any whole is a problem, and those are under quite some stress over the years...

I too didnt know how to separate the 2 metal discs, had it in WD40 over night, afterwards separates nicely.

The whole you are pointing to should habe a hose and a screw attached, on a 3.3 this should connect to the intercooler I believe..

I dont have an intercooler on mine so i guess the hole is just to go to air?
I dont have the funds either to buy a new diaphragm so i mounted it over a paint tin then blew it with a heatgun to get the shape back and rubbed silicone into the edges where its a bit worn, ill update if it works, if it doesnt ill sell the wg and buy a cheaper tial with the money..

fingers crossed !

Old 06-16-2013, 02:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
I also dont have an IC, so on 3.0's it goes up to the intake manifold I believe, check the diagram, #50

Old 06-16-2013, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

A banjo bolt and banjo fitting with hose nipple with a hose clamped on should be there on the bottom of the wastegate. It should be going from the banjo fitting to the aluminum charge pipe between the turbo outlet and throttle body on your motor so boost pressure will open the wastegate.
On intercooled motors the hose goes from an intercooler end tank to the banjo fitting on the bottom of the wastegate.

That line is what supplies air pressure to open the wategate. Your's is apparently missing and thats why your wastegate is never opening and the boost goes to 1.5 bar or whatever.

There is a good chance your piston rings are cracked or broken from detonation while running boost that high.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: