Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

yeah i Just hope they look ok when i'm done though. I'm getting better though so we'll see. When i welded the bungs the inside welds that had been ground out already cracked and i had to reweld them like GJF had warned me about.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 02-27-2014 at 07:04 PM..
Old 02-27-2014, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #261 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Beauty of metals is you can always add and take away material unlike wood working.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #262 (permalink)

yes so true
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 02-28-2014, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #263 (permalink)

Some more new bling arrived today my wastegates showed up.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 03-25-2014, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #264 (permalink)

Garage
Nice set up. I have been running EFI for 24 years on twin set up. But mine are high butterfly manifolds. Injectors are at the base spraying at the valve. What kind of linkage will you be using?
Old 03-27-2014, 05:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #265 (permalink)

I have this set up
Linkage kit Flat - Porsche - Jenvey Dynamics
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 03-27-2014, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #266 (permalink)

Well our refueling outage is over so I finally have been able to get back to work on the car. I finished the intake manifolds. This is them getting the final cleaning before i drop them off at the powder-coater.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 04-30-2014, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #267 (permalink)

Garage
Do your throttle bodies have a port for the map sensor reference?
Old 05-01-2014, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #268 (permalink)

Car guys uses for a dishwasher

Thats great!

Good luck with your motor build Ken, it's looking good.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #269 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

Refueling outage? Which one I am on my 4th of the season
Old 05-01-2014, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #270 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith660 View Post
Refueling outage? Which one I am on my 4th of the season
I'm at Turkey point we just finished unit 3. I work for FPL so I only do the ones here in Florida. the two here and sometimes i travel up to fort pierce for Saint Lucie outages if they don't overlap. Next one is in the fall
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 05-01-2014, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #271 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Car guys uses for a dishwasher

Thats great!

Good luck with your motor build Ken, it's looking good.
Yeah when I was married the wife used to b*i*tch about that a lot. Fortunately Thats no longer a problem. Thanks it's coming along really slow as funds allow.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 05-01-2014 at 11:29 AM..
Old 05-01-2014, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #272 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche 935 View Post
Do your throttle bodies have a port for the map sensor reference?
Nope thats why I had to make the manifolds with two ports. All the premade ones I could find only had one vacuum connection. One for idle bleed. the other for everything else. Brakes, map sensor, vacuum signal for boost controller. I'm not sure though if I will be needing a map sensor since I am using a throttle position sensor.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 05-01-2014, 11:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #273 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

I am working the excelon outages
Old 05-07-2014, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #274 (permalink)

Well I got the manifolds back from powdercoating today along with my upper valve covers. I'm happy with how they turned out. Plan on spending the weekend working on the intake plenums have the first one started but it has a long way to go yet.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 05-08-2014 at 02:29 PM..
Old 05-08-2014, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #275 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith660 View Post
I am working the excelon outages
Oh ok I think you make it four of us nukes on here.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 05-08-2014, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #276 (permalink)
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
I'm not sure though if I will be needing a map sensor since I am using a throttle position sensor.
Surely you can't be serious

Don't you need a MAP sensor somewhere so the ECU can adjust timing and fueling for boost? I thought throttle position only load sensing was a no no for forced induction applications (though I think it is done sometimes)
Old 05-08-2014, 02:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #277 (permalink)

yeah i think your correct i think i was getting that confused with using a mass flow sensor, which i think doesnt use throttle position or boost. I have a map sensor in the box along with a tps and a boost contoller, fuel sensor, temp sensor, and a ms-3 knock controller card.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 05-08-2014, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #278 (permalink)

well I put on the manifolds and ITB's to check clearances. I'll need to put some shorter studs in the heads the clearance between the some of the studs and the vacuum ports are really tight. Some of them don't sit flush. The air horns will be welded to the bottom of the plenums. I'll buy a couple extras to use for balancing the throttle bodies when i get it running.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 05-09-2014, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #279 (permalink)

You could cut the studs you have shorter with a cut of wheel on a die grinder and then smooth off the sharp edge.
Also, if you still have your CIS stuff sitting around the air flow meter housing has two short 8mm studs in it over on the right side down below the fuel head that hold the steel bracket on for the single 8mm mounting nut on the bottom of the stock air cleaner housing.
They are about 1.1" long and may be too short.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #280 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: