Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
Nice work Ken! I like the Porsche script you added... nice touch
Thanks!!
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 05-23-2014, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #301 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
the intake studs are all time serted. so all i have to do is back them out a few turns to make them taller then lock tight them in.
Timeserts are a nice upgrade. When using them I put them in with red loctite and then use low yieild loctite on the studs I put into them. That way the stud can be screwed out even years later without taking the timesert out with it.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #302 (permalink)

yeah i do the same thing
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 05-23-2014, 11:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #303 (permalink)

Ken,

What's the story on the lower valve covers.. is it me, or the picture.. or are the holes actually angled towards the back of the motor? Also, they seem to have been cast with the holes rather that having them machined/cut.

Thx
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 05-24-2014, 04:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #304 (permalink)

Yes those are 964 lower valve covers. I kept the regular 911 uppers because the 964 uppers are pretty ugly in my opinion.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 05-24-2014 at 01:44 PM..
Old 05-24-2014, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #305 (permalink)
Mr. C

Garage
Wow, Ken: That engine is Pure Sex !

Six = Sex
Old 05-24-2014, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #306 (permalink)

Garage
Well this is one impressive build.
I wish you were nearby- this would be great to see and hear in person.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #307 (permalink)

Well thanks!! I made some more progress today. I got the other plenum welded up. My welding is getting better. I'm almost to the point of having the welds look good enough to just leave. Which is imperative before i dive into building the inter-cooler.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 05-24-2014, 07:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #308 (permalink)

Under the H looks real nice.
...the heat and mosquito's sure got turned up in the last week around here
Old 05-24-2014, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #309 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

The JB Weld in your other photos would have worked perfect for the Porsche logo!

You're TIG'ing, right? If so, your welds look great. I suck at thin wall aluminum and TIG.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #310 (permalink)

Yeah the mosquitos are definately back.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 05-24-2014, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #311 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
The JB Weld in your other photos would have worked perfect for the Porsche logo!

You're TIG'ing, right? If so, your welds look great. I suck at thin wall aluminum and TIG.
the JB weld was for sealing the pipe threads on the tubing fittings on the manifolds. the logos and not welded on i cut out square holes and tig welded them in. When everything is cleaned up, and the inter-cooler mounts are welded on. I plan on powder coating the plenums red with the logos showing just like the valve covers. Then the inter-cooler and associated piping will be hard anodized black.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 05-24-2014, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #312 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Chain fence eating turbo

Do you like wrinkle powdercoating? I am so doing that one day to my intake and valve covers.

Flat black.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #313 (permalink)

mine will be bright red same as the valve covers gloss powder coating is color coat then clear. So for the valve covers he coated them in red then ground it off over the lettering then clear-coated over the top of everything. You can clear powder-coat right over bare aluminum also. he had a couple pieces of polished aluminum at his shop that were done in clear they looked really nice.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 05-24-2014 at 08:11 PM..
Old 05-24-2014, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #314 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Very nice!
Old 05-24-2014, 10:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #315 (permalink)

houstan we have a problem

OK so I knew it was going to be tight and that i might have to remove some material from the end of the plenum to make room for the AC. So i bolted all the brackets up and put the compressor on to see how much. F***, I'm at a loss here. Anyone know of a type of compressor that will fit? Two things are not optional, giving up and using the 3.2 intake sitting on the shelf in my garage, and going without AC in Miami.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 05-27-2014, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #316 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Call Vintage Air in San Antonio, TX. They make custom AC and OEM with Ford.

Friend of mine works there.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #317 (permalink)

Thanks Tippy I will. Here is the stock Nippondenso which is even worse. I'm glad i didnt toss it out after it seized up. If i cant find a compressor that will fit. I will have to rethink the shape of the plenums

05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 05-27-2014 at 06:30 PM..
Old 05-27-2014, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #318 (permalink)

Looks like i'll have to redesign the plenums. Lose the air horns and maybe make some new flanges with 45* or maybe 90* elbows feeding into the 4 inch plenum tubes.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 05-27-2014, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #319 (permalink)

Garage
hey ken that looks like a carrera comp bracket. the turbo one will raise it up considerably. i had to do the opposite with mine and used the carrera. i have my 930 one if you want it
Old 05-27-2014, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #320 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: