Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

OK surgery done next weekend i'll be starting on the new end tanks and mounting brackets.

88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-22-2014, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #341 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

I love fabbing stuff like that. I think I'll get a core from Corky Bell and add my existing tanks but with 3" inlet/outlets.

Where'd you source the IC you just cut up?
Old 06-22-2014, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #342 (permalink)

raceparts solutions. Drmatera on here. not sure he still carries them i was just looking on his site didnt see them anymore. it was like 185.00 way cheaper than i could get a core the same size
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-22-2014, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #343 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Wow, nice price!
Old 06-22-2014, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #344 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

Those are the same intercooler's on eBay for under $100. Used them numerous times, cut the end tanks off or modify them to suit. Iv'e used CX Racing for them mainly off their eBay page.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-LIGHTWEIGHT-ALUMINUM-TURBO-31-X12-X3-25-FMIC-FRONT-MOUNT-INTERCOOLER-/170805189998?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c4c85d6e&vxp=mtr
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler

Last edited by GJF; 06-22-2014 at 04:13 PM..
Old 06-22-2014, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #345 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

If I ever go ITB's, I'll more than likey buy those too.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #346 (permalink)

Free shipping too... amazing. They're made in China and they look good. I wonder how well they work.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #347 (permalink)

mine is a 4 inch core though
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-22-2014, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #348 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Free shipping too... amazing. They're made in China and they look good. I wonder how well they work.
it's what Juan was using in his
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-22-2014, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #349 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

Here ya go:
31"x12"x4" Front Mount Fmic Full Aluminum Polished Turbo Intercooler 3" Inlet | eBay

They work well.. Exactly the same construction as a Spearco or Bell core. These are bar and plate cores.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 06-22-2014, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #350 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Quote:
Here ya go:

31"x12"x4" Front Mount Fmic Full Aluminum Polished Turbo Intercooler 3" Inlet | eBay

They work well.. Exactly the same construction as a Spearco or Bell core. These are bar and plate cores.
Insane prices for sure
Old 06-22-2014, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #351 (permalink)

Yeah so chances of me spending 3 k for an intercooler are about zero. 3k is a LOT of lap dances.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-22-2014, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #352 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Slantnose from HELL

You taking on the welding and fabricating saves you a huge amount! Since you went ITB's the fabrication level jumps up substantial. Paying someone to do all the fabrication and setup for you, 3K is nothing. Especially when you add Wiggins clamps and all the hardware that goes with it. Kudos to ya. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #353 (permalink)

Thanks, yeah I have already got the clamps they were not cheap. I'll mock up the end tanks in cardboard and tape them on to make sure it fits in the turbo tail. before cutting any aluminum. checked out pre made tanks none were oriented correctly that would also fit under the tail. Next really hard thing will be headers.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-22-2014, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #354 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

End tanks I fabricate out of .120 aluminum sheet metal. If you need to make some more elaborate custom tanks you can make wooden bucks shaped like the tanks you want or even an anvil shape. Take a oxygen/acetylene torch and anneal the piece of aluminum your working on and it will easily form over the buck using a good leather mallet. An English wheel is nice but not needed. Shape and tease the aluminum to get to where you want it and you'll get to where you want.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #355 (permalink)

I was planning on keeping them simple. but we'll see lol.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-22-2014, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #356 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJF View Post
Those are the same intercooler's on eBay for under $100. Used them numerous times, cut the end tanks off or modify them to suit. Iv'e used CX Racing for them mainly off their eBay page.
Universal Lightweight Aluminum Turbo 31"x12"x3 25" Fmic Front Mount Intercooler | eBay
GJF, just for the record it is not like those "light weight" intercoolers. I've seen a few of those brought in by customers. The air passage tubes are the size of cigars, can't imagine it's going to cool much of anything. They are light though

And for the record the units I carry are from China but be careful which one you buy they are not all made the same.

The unit Ken has is on a car running 4.90's in the 1/8" mile. Rated at 1000hp but obviously flows a bit more.

BTW, Looking good Ken. And yes those 80's are not going to cut it.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #357 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

Haven't seen any of those cores you mentioned. The fin and plate cores I've been buying from CX Racing are exactly like the Spearco and Bell cores I have bought. Same weight, same construction. I can only vouch for CX Racings stuff. From the looks of Kens IC it looks to be the same supplier. If you keep them in stock I would openly source them from you, and additional $40 isn't going to break the bank and I'd rather spend the $$$ with someone with a good reputation. Let us all know if your still stocking these?

Last edited by GJF; 06-23-2014 at 09:45 AM..
Old 06-23-2014, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #358 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJF View Post
Haven't seen any of those cores you mentioned. The fin and plate cores I've been buying from CX Racing are exactly like the Spearco and Bell cores I have bought. Same weight, same construction. I can only vouch for CX Racings stuff. From the looks of Kens IC it looks to be the same supplier. If you keep them in stock I would openly source them from you, and additional $40 isn't going to break the bank and I'd rather spend the $$$ with someone with a good reputation. Let us all know if your still stocking these?
I have seen some of the CX Racing units and they do appear very similar if not the same. But light weight they are not

I do have a shipment coming, looking at about 3 weeks if customs doesn't drag their feet. I'll let you know
Old 06-23-2014, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #359 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Ken, since you have the 4" core you could slice a 4" tube in half long ways (that's how we did mine). We have 11ga ( .120" wall) straight tubing

Old 06-23-2014, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #360 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: