Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Cant do that the length of the core is too long. I'm using 3 inch inlets and outlets. What i will need to build will have to look real similar to the end tanks Eddie built for Juan. I already have 4 inch pipe left over from building my intake plenums and it wouldnt fit. When are you going to get another Porsche by the way? I missed you at the class we took on MS-3. You didnt miss much.

88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 06-23-2014, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #361 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
Cant do that the length of the core is too long. I'm using 3 inch inlets and outlets. What i will need to build will have to look real similar to the end tanks Eddie built for Juan. I already have 4 inch pipe left over from building my intake plenums and it wouldnt fit. When are you going to get another Porsche by the way? I missed you at the class we took on MS-3. You didnt miss much.
Yeah, I was bummed about the class. Hopefully you guys came away with something useful

I hate to say it but I've been eyeballing a few 964's.....
Old 06-24-2014, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #362 (permalink)
Registered

I got a lot of info out of it. Frank and Adam didn't really get much out of it though. The guy knows a huge amount about the ms system but that doesn't necessarily mean someone knows how to teach.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 06-24-2014, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #363 (permalink)
Registered

Well I plan on spending this weekend working on the intercooler end tanks. After that everything is going into boxes so I can sell the house and move. After obsessing over what to do about headers. being the hard core DIY guy that i am I just ordered the icengineworks Fab kit. To design and build my own set. 1 7/8 primaries with 2 1/2 secondaries running into a t-4 twin scroll flange. Dual waste gates with v band clamps on the secondaries to make taking things apart easier. A heat exchanger similar to the ones on Mode headers.. That will all be at the new house So I'll be looking for some place with a detached garage or pole barn. Tired of laying in the driveway under the car and having to cover it up real quick every time it rains.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 07-03-2014, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #364 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

I just choked. 1 7/8" headers?!?! What hp you shooting for again? I thought Bello only ran 1 3/4" for over 1200whp???
Old 07-03-2014, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #365 (permalink)
Registered

yeah 1 7/8 od my heads are ported to 1 3/4 which is the id of 1 7/8 tubes. All the guys who have heads done by xtreem are running big tube headers. Spent a lot of time on the phone with the guy from icengine works. He gave me a lot of pointers and a really good deal on the kit and also what i need to do my band saw for cutting metal. I have a jet 14" woodworking band-saw and i melted the tires on it cutting some 1/4 inch thick aluminium square tubing. But it's the same saw they have but theirs is adjustable speeds. So I'll just get a fan control and wire it in to run the speed down really slow.
2019 Silverado 6.2L

Last edited by Ken911; 07-03-2014 at 03:25 PM..
Old 07-03-2014, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #366 (permalink)

Chain fence eating turbo

Wow, those are huge! Is this going to be a 1000hp beast?
Old 07-03-2014, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #367 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
Wow, those are huge! Is this going to be a 1000hp beast?
Nah i was looking for like 650 at the wheels.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 07-03-2014, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #368 (permalink)
Registered

Well i got the placement of the inter-cooler set. propped it up on various sizes of wood blocks until it fit in the wing correctly. Then i made up some aluminum mounts. So that when i pull it out and set the inter-cooler back on to fab up everything else, it will be in the correct orientation. Once the intake plenums are done I'll make something that looks cool for the mounts. haven't decided just what yet.

2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 07-04-2014, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #369 (permalink)
R.I.P.

looking good Ken
Old 07-07-2014, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #370 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Ditto! Wished I had a TIG, I'd redo all of my plumbing/IC.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #371 (permalink)
Registered

Yeah I love it. Been thinking about getting rid of my MIG machine havent used it since i got the tig welder. But it will weld thicker metal that my tig machine and i can weld outside in the wind with flux cored wire. So for now i'm keeping it probably until i pick up a machine that will weld stick. Oh and that intercooler I bought from Darrin I was surprised that the bolt holes have helicoils in them.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 07-07-2014, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #372 (permalink)

R.I.P.

Quote:
1 7/8 primaries with 2 1/2 secondaries running into a t-4 twin scroll flange. .
Ken, 2 1/2" secondaries sounds pretty big. Based on what I've seen in the turbo world 2" or 2 1/4" may be better for spool up. At least on a 700hp motor, now if you have plans for more......
Old 07-07-2014, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #373 (permalink)

Real nice work Ken.
The work you've done on your car is really impressive.
Most excellent!
Old 07-07-2014, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #374 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Quote:
Yeah I love it. Been thinking about getting rid of my MIG machine havent used it since i got the tig welder. But it will weld thicker metal that my tig machine and i can weld outside in the wind with flux cored wire. So for now i'm keeping it probably until i pick up a machine that will weld stick. Oh and that intercooler I bought from Darrin I was surprised that the bolt holes have helicoils in them.
Agree. TIG for delicate stuff, MIG for medium, and arc for heavy duty stuff. I'm going to arc weld my turbo brace, MIG make look prettier, but penetration may not be as good.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #375 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
Ken, 2 1/2" secondaries sounds pretty big. Based on what I've seen in the turbo world 2" or 2 1/4" may be better for spool up. At least on a 700hp motor, now if you have plans for more......
Thing is I cant find a merge collector smaller than 3" The mode headers are 2 1/2" So I figured that would be a good place to start. And also thanks everyone for compliments.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 07-07-2014, 04:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #376 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Check these guys out

Exhaust Collectors, Stainless Steel Collector Components, Merge Collectors Welded & Formed

no affiliation
Old 07-08-2014, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #377 (permalink)
Registered

I called spd exhaust today they didn't have them in the book but will make anything and it's the same price. Also learned a few interesting things about the specific type of collectors to use with a turbo. Apparently the merge collectors that have the star inside or the flow spike tend to have them break off eventually and of course end up in the turbo. So the plan is to get collectors and flanges and the t-4 twin scroll flange with tubes welded into it. then mock everything up with the icengine works. then order all the rest of the tubing and weld everything up. They sell everything in 321SS.
2019 Silverado 6.2L

Last edited by Ken911; 07-09-2014 at 08:43 AM..
Old 07-08-2014, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #378 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
So for now i'm keeping it probably until i pick up a machine that will weld stick. .
Nice work as usual, Ken.
Just one thought on the welders- my TIG welder can also stick weld. I just needed to get another lead with the proper stick weld clamp on it. I've seen other TIG welders that do the same. You may want to check your owners manual to see if yours can.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #379 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Well i got the placement of the inter-cooler set. propped it up on various sizes of wood blocks until it fit in the wing correctly. Then i made up some aluminum mounts. So that when i pull it out and set the inter-cooler back on to fab up everything else, it will be in the correct orientation. Once the intake plenums are done I'll make something that looks cool for the mounts. haven't decided just what yet.

please keep us up to date, nice job so far. I have the same IC so I like to see how yours will be when you finish this!

Old 07-10-2014, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #380 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: