Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Very good call.
We have some $$$ parts that took a long time to put together, heading to FL now. Hope they don't get lost in the fray.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 09-07-2017, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #441 (permalink)

Well i'm glad my stuff is still in your shop. hope the rest of my car makes it, So I have something to put the motor in.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 09-07-2017, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #442 (permalink)

Garage
Hi guys,

I finally caught up with the owner and builder of likely what is the fastest EFI Porsche 930 in our area. He felt compelled to share his car and experiences with me, and I wanted to show everyone what that insane machine is really like. This explains the mods that he installed to get there.

https://youtu.be/2HyVTj8O9HE

TURBO = Free Power
Old 09-09-2017, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #443 (permalink)

Well the storm is passed have power back and back to to work.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 09-12-2017, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #444 (permalink)

Very glad that the storm passed you without total devastation. Good news.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #445 (permalink)

well in my area it wasnt bad but over on the west coast and in the keys it's supposed to be really bad. I feel fortunate that we dodged the bullet.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 09-12-2017, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #446 (permalink)

well i got the cam towers back. Hot tanked and the spray bars cleaned.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 09-19-2017, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #447 (permalink)

Going crazy wanting to put everything together now that the parts are at the house. They arrived the day after I flew out of town for the Point Beach outage. I'll be back home end of october. Still havent heard anything on the diff he was having them manufactured last time I talked to him. Installed the new studs in the cam towers and loctited them in the night before I left.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 10-09-2017, 09:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #448 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbmwguy View Post
Hey Ken it looks great. What A/R are you going with?
Just opened the box it's a.72 ar
Old 10-27-2017, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #449 (permalink)

So I'm finally back home. Was out of town working. I had some presents from turbokraft waiting for me. Check out the new center piece for my dining room table.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #450 (permalink)

I wonder if they could put an aerodynamic pointed nut on the compressor wheel. Then it might look too nice to take off the table and install.. for a little while.
Looks like a really good turbo.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #451 (permalink)

Garage
Very beautiful turbo and I think that it is also a very good choice!
Old 10-28-2017, 12:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #452 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

The new differential and a billet side plate are on the way now also. Anyone know where to get the wrightwood gaskets for the transmission? Not stocked here or any of the usual places that I can find.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 10-30-2017, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #453 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
So I'm finally back home. Was out of town working. I had some presents from turbokraft waiting for me. Check out the new center piece for my dining room table.
Chris,
In the jewelry industry we try and hide what's in the box that we ship.....These are purdy and you might wanna think about our tactics..
Old 10-30-2017, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #454 (permalink)

LOL it was a box in a box. The outer box didnt say anything and also had fittings for oil lines heat shield etc.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 10-30-2017, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #455 (permalink)

I got some new toys in the mail today, no sense havng all that horse power unless you can get it to the ground

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-14-2017, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #456 (permalink)

Are you sure you want to put that in your 930?I think i would mount that.Soooo pretty

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2017, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #457 (permalink)

Have you got the new turbo installed?what were you running before?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2017, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #458 (permalink)

LOL i imediatly thought of rawknees and was going to say i cant mount that it will hurt too much!! No the engine is not assmbled yet. I got all the machine work back but still making repairs from the hurricane around the house. Once that stuff is done and my garage isnt full of sawdust from cabinet making then i'll get back to putting things together. Still also have to finish fabbing the intake plenums and the intercooler. After that i'll be bulding headers and a wiring harness for the EFI.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-15-2017, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #459 (permalink)

Can't go wrong with any GT diff! Looks like you went with the GT Torque Biasing diff?

I ran that diff for many years but changed to their 50/80 LSD last trans refresh. TB's are great for street & a/x but open under deceleration. Under heavy braking on the track the 80% lock really calmed the rear end down.
03 Boxster S, GP White
73 De Tomaso Pantera, Grabber Blue
Old 11-15-2017, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #460 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: