Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

well I made a little progress. The turbo is trashed oil leaking through the seals on both hot and cold sides. Chips in the hot side wheel either from piston rings or loose parts from the headers which are cracked. Was unable to get the turbo bolts off. have them soaking will give it a try again tomorrow. Also got it mounted on the stand which was a huge pain in the butt. Only had one oil leak though, on the oil pressure sender that i had replaced with it in the car. The oil and grease all over the front was a combination of CV joint gease and transmission oil.

88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 08-10-2013, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

anyone have any idea what a k-27hfs core is worth?
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 08-10-2013, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Take heart, Ken.
Soon enough you'll go from this:

to this:

I'm completing a reseal and SC cam install. Everything goes back in next week.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 08-11-2013, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Yes i cant wait but it will be a while have to repaint the car also
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 08-11-2013, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

I'm finishing up a rebuild and efi conversion too. I was going to put the engine back in the car, tune it, work out the details then pull the engine back out for a re-paint.

Have you decided where you are going to get you car sprayed?
Old 08-11-2013, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

I have a friend who has access to a booth. So i'll be doing it myself. last place that painted it didnt use the clear coat i had paid for so honestly I dont trust any of the shops here in miami. And most are out of my price range anyway. I was planning on doing it the same way though probably be in and out several times for fitting the intercooler, wiring, tuning etc.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 08-11-2013, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

I had the same thing happen to me too in regards to a paint job.

I am actually getting ready to do my first install so I can finish my wiring harness on the engine side, mock up the intercooler mounts and fab the cold air intake.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

So are you going with MS-2 or 3?
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 08-11-2013, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Ken, I'll give you my buddy's phone number. Ron is very good with MS in general and MS3x is his favorite. He can help you out for sure..

knock control
flex fuel sensor
Sequential fuel/spark
COP control
Boost control
launch control/2 step
PWM idle control - a/c idle control
etc
etc

ask me how I know
Old 08-11-2013, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

oh ok cool i have the knock control card and the boost controller also.
it's be afew months though before i am ready to start wiring it up. have some machine work to do first
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 08-11-2013, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Well looks like my turbo isn't in as bad a shape as i thought. looks like all the oil on the intake side was blow by there is oil in everything. So i'm pretty sure the chipped up wheel on the exhaust side was from piston ring pieces. The intake just doesnt want to come off a couple of the bolts are corroded and stuck to the intake. Have them soaking with penetrating oil over night.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 08-12-2013 at 05:27 PM..
Old 08-12-2013, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

one more oil all over the top of the air meter
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 08-12-2013, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Well made a little more prgress today had to cut two of the intake studs to get the intake off. they were corroded into the manifold. Looked inthe exhaust side after the headers were off and looks like there is a problem with number 1 cylinder lots of oil.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 08-16-2013, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 08-16-2013, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
With my work schedule what it is probably about a year. I've made all the other necessary schedule and budget adjustments to accommodate the work. Cut back to only two girlfriends, No more strippers or hookers, and actually eat at home sometimes.
Not sure how I missed this post!!

Here is my advice. Dump all the girlfriends. Go back to strippers and hookers. remember, you are NOT paying for sex... you ARE paying them to LEAVE.... with this philosophy, you will have a ton more time (and money) to build the car faster.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Were the piston rings bad in the bottom one where it looks kinda like a dalmation with the burnt oil specks on the back of the exhaust valve?
930 exhaust valve guides wear out relatively quick from the intense boosted exhaust heat and high rpms.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
Mr. C

Garage
These are pearls Steady *****es are too much maintenance (mental & monetary).

Wham Bam Thank-you Mam !! Now Get OUT ! LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMR-Merlin View Post
Not sure how I missed this post!!

Here is my advice. Dump all the girlfriends. Go back to strippers and hookers. remember, you are NOT paying for sex... you ARE paying them to LEAVE.... with this philosophy, you will have a ton more time (and money) to build the car faster.

Six = Sex
Old 08-17-2013, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

OK well made some more progress cylinders and pistons loOK OK. Nothing gouged up but oil oil everywhere. The ceramic coating on the piston domes is long gone. Only a few remnants of it left. So loOKs like I'll have to send em out and get it re-done professionally.
loOKs like i can just clean the cylinders up with a red scrubby and re ring it.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 08-17-2013, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Also one of the cam lobes was in bad shape so probably a clogged spray bar. I'm replacing the cams any way but who ever i sell them to will have to get that one lobe welded and reground.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 08-17-2013, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Well cylinders are off and the top ring on every piston except cylinder 5 was broken. There is a pretty good scratch on cylinder number 1. looks like I'll be getting them replated. After I get them cut for flame rings. Not using stock goetz rings again. The pistons are all ok looks like tomorrow i'll be splitting the case.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 08-17-2013 at 04:43 PM..
Old 08-17-2013, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: