Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Well the pistons cleaned up really easy. I thought the coating was gone off the tops but it was still there. Any way bead blasted everything and shipping them out with the cylinders for replating monday.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 08-24-2013, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Well I boxed up the pistons and cylinders today and shipped them out to LN engineering to get them re-plated. First really expensive hurdle will be out of the way soon. Next step is machine work at Xtreem on the heads. After that getting the case shuffle pinned and the crank cross drilled. Expensive stuff left to buy after that will be the new turbo, pauter rods, Headers 1 3/4 primaries and twin scroll t-4 flange with heat exchangers. Plan on sending the rockers for reconditioning also. they are in pretty good shape but I have a brand new set of GT-2 cams that i want to break in properly. So it's coming along. Need to start teaching myself to tig weld again here pretty soon so I can build the intercooler, the plenums for the ITB's and all the intake piping.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 08-31-2013, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Wow, you're going coil on plug and individual throttle body injection too, very cool...
With all the other good stuff and new tuned headers why just one turbo?

as you know good things travel in pairs.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Garage
Subscribed.
Ken, this looks like a great build and I love the DIY elements. I just got a new old-stock Miller Syncrowave 180 Tig welder and am practicing when I can. Post up the plumbing components you build for sure.
Good luck!
Old 09-02-2013, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Wow, you're going coil on plug and individual throttle body injection too, very cool...
With all the other good stuff and new tuned headers why just one turbo?

as you know good things travel in pairs.
Going with a twin scroll instead of twins because I still want to keep the heat and AC . Twin turbos would just be too much re-engineering. Will be sure and post everything as I make progress. Including pictures of my crappy welding which i hope to drastically improve. Actually i was really good at gas welding many years ago but i cant get the MIG to look decent. The tig shouldn't be too bad.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 09-02-2013 at 12:40 PM..
Old 09-02-2013, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

AC and heat when it's cold in the winter.. yeah I like that stuff too. Forgot how the AC compressor and turbo air pipes on the right side could be difficult.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Looks like its going to be lovely build. Im looking into doing similar on a 1981 911 SC engine with the potential of putting a Supercharger on. not going too made as i dont really want to go down the intercooler route. do you have a ;ist/photos of the ignition parts and ancilliaries you are going to run - just for reference.

subscribed
Old 09-02-2013, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

yes i have coil on plugs, MS-3, with a knock detector card, boost controler, Will be using a crank trigger and a cam sync sensor for sequential firing of the injectors and for the ignition. Cant run wasted spark with coil on plugs without a sperate ignition module. I have been collecting parts for several years.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 09-02-2013, 04:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Garage
I am in the gathering parts phase...

Any chance you can post some more specs on the parts you have chosen? Sorry if I missed it, I just went over your entire thread to try and find it.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 09-02-2013, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

OK i already have JE 7.5 /1 pistons. I have a new set of gt-2 cams in the box, A spare set of ported heads with eibach springs with titanium retainers, they still need to be drilled for twin plugs and cut for flame rings though. Having the 98mm cylinders re-plated, Still have to get the turbo and pauter rods and all the ITB stuff. and was thinking of a blingy carbon fiber shroud. I will also be shipping the case and crank out for shuffle pinning and getting the crank cross-drilled and rebalanced. Still haven't quite figured out what to do about headers. will need twin scroll t-4 flanged with 1 3/4 primaries and heat exchangers. Wasn't planning on making my own but might be stuck with doing that.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 09-02-2013, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Just thought i would post some pics of the rocker arm bushings and rocker shafts. Several years ago when i had the engine apart after the first time i broke all the rings from too much boost I used the bushings listed in this thread. Rocker arm bushing source After running it for about 30k miles with these I had pretty much zero wear on the rocker shafts. Will be replacing these with the same type of bushings when i recondition them before they go back in. I used mobile1 15w 50 ep until I couldnt get it any more then switched to valvoline 20-50 racing oil.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 09-06-2013, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Well I learned something new today. When you have detonation and it breaks the rings, the heat also removes the temper from the cylinders and they become oval. So when you cut them and re-plate them they will not stay round. So it's off to have them cryotreated first which anneals them and then re-tempers them. I certainly appreciate the guys at LN for being conscienceous enough to check that stuff before getting them re-plated.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 09-09-2013 at 01:38 PM..
Old 09-09-2013, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

LNE = top-notch.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 09-09-2013, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Yes they are
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 09-11-2013, 09:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Well time for an update have the cylinders and pistons back. Just ordered a set of Pauter rods. Next step is take the heads and cylinders to extreem for twin plugging and cutting flame rings. Out of town working at the moment. Always use the over time for toys for the car

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 10-10-2013, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Ken the hazmat man?
Old 10-10-2013, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

how are the christmas parties there
glow in the dark strippers ?
Old 10-10-2013, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
Ken the hazmat man?
nope not haz mat nuclear power. Kind of the oposite of that lol.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 10-10-2013, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

If we could only harness that in our cars.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

yeah only have to refuel every 18 months and way cheaper than gas.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 10-10-2013, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: