Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Chain fence eating turbo

Sweet deal!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
Bad LT

Just think about how easy it would be to find oil leaks in the dark!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Well i have been out of town working for 5 weeks got home today and some new toys were waiting for me. My cylinders back from L&N Engineering and a nice new set of Pauter rods. Tried ordering a set of Jenevy ITB's while I was gone but have to call the bank first they dont accept paypal. Didint realize it would be such a pain buying anything from the UK.

88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 10-30-2013, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)

Made a road trip today dropped my heads and cylinders off at Xtreme Cylinder heads. Flame rings and twin plugs for sure probably have them opened up some more. Cant wait to see the end results. They had a lot of examples of some very talented machine work there. Including some of their own heads which looked like a piece of art.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-01-2013, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Well i got my cylinders back today cut for flame rings. Bad news was the valves in both sets of heads werent any good. The ones from the heads i took up there were marginal. And the ones from the heads out of the car were no good at all. So in addition to twii plugging and porting them I will be getting new 8mm inconel valves with the heads and matching guides.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-08-2013, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)

Cool... Bill does fantastic work and he's a good guy. Are the new valves going to be bigger?
That cylinder looks really good. Is it one of the ones that was in a box on the floor pf my living room/walk thru storage unit for a little while some years ago?

Good luck with this build! I hope I see it some day.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Garage
hey ken your making progress. i will be seeing bill on tuesday as well as stopping in hobe sound for a tour of the injector clinic and pick up a set of 1100cc injectors. no more 120% duty cycle on e-85
Old 11-08-2013, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Cool... Bill does fantastic work and he's a good guy. Are the new valves going to be bigger?
That cylinder looks really good. Is it one of the ones that was in a box on the floor pf my living room/walk thru storage unit for a little while some years ago?

Good luck with this build! I hope I see it some day.
Yep same set of cylinders and pistons. Yes larger valves with smaller stems. Inconel The intakes are a little bigger while still being able to keep the original seats.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-09-2013, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbmwguy View Post
hey ken your making progress. i will be seeing bill on tuesday as well as stopping in hobe sound for a tour of the injector clinic and pick up a set of 1100cc injectors. no more 120% duty cycle on e-85
I have a set of 80# injectors I'm hoping their not too small. He said i'll have them in a couple weeks. I'll be needing them pretty quick because i have to mock up the cylinders and heads to build the intake plenums and intake manifolds for the ITB's. Also the intercooler and piping. When i'm done with that i should be able to afford shipping the case out of shuffle pinning and getting the crank rebalanced and polished. The other two big ticket items after that will be 1 3/4 primary headers and the blowzilla turbo. After that it's reassembly and body work.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 11-09-2013 at 06:57 PM..
Old 11-09-2013, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)

I had a present waiting on my Doorstep when i got home. My ITB's arrived today from jolly old England. Cant wait to get the heads done so I can start building the intake plenum's.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-13-2013, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)

signing-up!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)

Depending on your base fuel pressure, and assuming you're running full sequential, the 80# injectors will suffice. We've done 550whp on e85 at 90% DC. They will function at higher pressures as well and will likely carry you to 600whp.

You're going to love the performance of the ITBs.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 11-13-2013, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
Depending on your base fuel pressure, and assuming you're running full sequential, the 80# injectors will suffice. We've done 550whp on e85 at 90% DC. They will function at higher pressures as well and will likely carry you to 600whp.

You're going to love the performance of the ITBs.
i'll be running full sequential but looking for 650 ish rwp. So thinking they still might be small. maybe should have 100's
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-13-2013, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)

You'll get it done with ID1000s. Rock solid idle even at higher base fuel pressures, plenty of capacity for hitting 650+whp. That's what we used in Tom's UBER930 to hit 722whp.
$720/set with US-EV1 connectors, $42/set for PnP adapters.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)

Garage
hey chris the guys at inj. clinic told me in order to achieve 700 on e-85 i would need to run 58-60# base pressure. sound about right?
Old 11-13-2013, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)

Any reason you are not using the Jenvey turbo plenums?

Old 11-13-2013, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtel View Post
Any reason you are not using the Jenvey turbo plenums?

they are made for 4 cyinders not three, so they are too long and they will not fit under the intercooler.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-14-2013, 04:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)

Plus those cast plenums are ridiculously heavy, and look like they belong on a piece of farm equipment.

Fabricated plenums will be much lighter, more attractive, and -- if designed well -- will provide the same results and ease of service. (Will post pics of ours elsewhere.)

Frank -- we a little less than that on Tom's 930 to hit 720whp. Many newer injectors are designed to operate with pressures as high as 6bar.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
Plus those cast plenums are ridiculously heavy, and look like they belong on a piece of farm equipment.

Yeah well I was thinking that too. like it belonged on a tractor.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-14-2013, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)

You guys must have some nice tractors. All mine had carbs on them...
Old 11-14-2013, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: