Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Yeah, the boxy ones with 90-deg inlets was a first attempt. A little crude, the best I could do with the given tools. The results were good, though, and the client was pleased with their performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
I was also looking for some Cheap part that has a Porsche logo similar to the ones on the valve covers. that can be welded to the plenums so when it's powder coated there will be raised letters like on the 3.2 intake. OK i know it sounds kinda anal but it will look awesome.
Got any place that does engraving or laser etching, instead of trying to weld on letters or a tag? Or ask you powdercoater about masking a part prior to painting -- our local guy does that. Then remove the masking and it reads "PORSCHE".

I'll PM you about phenolic insulators.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 11-25-2013, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Ken, I hope you'll try out a couple of my Dual Seal Connectors like Adam is doing with his build. Sorry for the crappy phone pics. Can't wait to see it back on the road

Old 11-25-2013, 01:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #122 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

That's an interesting IC shape, counterintuitive of what I'd think tank shapes should be. Hmmm
Old 11-25-2013, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
Ken, I hope you'll try out a couple of my Dual Seal Connectors like Adam is doing with his build. Sorry for the crappy phone pics. Can't wait to see it back on the road

I was planning on it Just havent figured how many and what size just yet.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-25-2013, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)

Here is a clearer picture of Darin's Dual Seal Connectors. These are way better than fighting silicone connectors and hose clamps. With these connectors, I can remove the intercooler in less than one minute.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #125 (permalink)

That setup all looks familiar... ;-)
Nice, clean.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 11-25-2013, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)

yes clean until the first rainstorm
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-25-2013, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
yes clean until the first rainstorm
yeah... salt air and cat piss too.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128 (permalink)

Thanks Chris! Your top notch builds are certainly an inspiration.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
yeah... salt air and cat piss too.
Yeah still havent solved the neighborhood cat problem
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-25-2013, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #130 (permalink)

Where are you guys? The amazon? hahaha J/K

Old 11-25-2013, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #131 (permalink)

Close Miami lol when it rains here it's like putting a fire hose in the engine compartment. we can have several inches of rain in a few minutes in the summer (rainy season) most afternoons.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-25-2013, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #132 (permalink)

R.I.P.

Adam, Have that baby black anodized. Or polish it then clear anodize so you won't have to polish it in 2 weeks... Just make sure you use a quality anodizer that knows which product to use... and I happen to know a place

Rain? in south Florida? come on Ken, next your gonna tell me there is salt in the air too
Old 11-26-2013, 05:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #133 (permalink)
beancounter

Ken, I will be watching your build with interest. I recently acquired a 911 race car (natural aspiration) that is running motec EFI with ITBs. The throttle response is unreal - it revs like a motorcycle. The car has this ITB set up from Rothsport (uses Jenvey throttle bodies like you purchased).

Link:
Welcome to Rothsport Racing - Engine Products

If you look at the link, you'll see how they adapted one of the OEM porsche plenums for this system. I suppose the plastic plenum is probably not up to boost, but this guy can make one up for you in carbon fiber:For Sale

Could this be an alternative to the aluminum plenums that I always see used the ITB turbo set ups?
Old 11-26-2013, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #134 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry for the intrusion. Those clamps look like wiggins clamps, though cool wiggins are quite expensive and can mess up your fingers if you are not carefull. Any info in these, are they different?
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 11-26-2013, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #135 (permalink)
R.I.P.

My clamps are only like Wiggins in basic function, to allow vibration and slight movement vs. a rigid V-band style connection. We designed and built them for the high stress environment of Pro Mod racing. Easy single pull pin removal that will not rip your fingers to shreds. We have tested them to 150psi and are on a number of 3000+ hp cars all over the world

Old 11-26-2013, 11:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #136 (permalink)
R.I.P.

better shot

Old 11-26-2013, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #137 (permalink)

Thanks I'm totally stoked to go pick my heads up tomorrow
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-26-2013, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #138 (permalink)

ok one more tig welding question will 2024 weld ok to 6061? And does it require different rod?
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 12-02-2013, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
Yeah, the boxy ones with 90-deg inlets was a first attempt. A little crude, the best I could do with the given tools. The results were good, though, and the client was pleased with their performance.

Got any place that does engraving or laser etching, instead of trying to weld on letters or a tag? Or ask you powder-coater about masking a part prior to painting -- our local guy does that. Then remove the masking and it reads "PORSCHE".

I'll PM you about phenolic insulators.
Looks like i can use the Porsche logos from the floor mats on my Cayenne one fell off a while back and it's aluminum perfect size with raised letters.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 12-02-2013, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #140 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: