Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
JEs are usually made with deeper oversize pockets to begin with, but it needs verification during assembly.
I was planning on doing that. There has been enough machine work on everything I'll need to check deck heights, valve clearances etc. I just finished assmbling all my heads. Eibach springs, Xtreme titamium retainers, viton valve seals. plus all the ohter work twin plugged ported larger valves new guides.

88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 12-09-2013 at 04:38 PM..
Old 12-09-2013, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #161 (permalink)

Hey Ken, which valve seals did you use? It looks like pelican sells or can get a wide variety of them.
thanks.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #162 (permalink)

I used the ones bill at xtreme gave me they are viton though the valve stems are smaller than stock.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 12-09-2013, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #163 (permalink)

Well i finally got some time to work on my car today. I had started shaping the flanges for the intake the other day with a belt sander it just wasn't cutting it. So i made a jig up out of one of the injector risers. And cut all of them on my router table with a flush cutting bit. didn't take long at all. So i was also able to spend some time cleaning parts. There still is a ton of that to do.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 12-15-2013, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #164 (permalink)

looks good ...
aluminum shards.... just dug one out of the bottom of my foot earlier today.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #165 (permalink)

Yeah they went every where. Thats the main reason i'm doing all the machine work before i spend much time cleaning anything. Vacuumed it all up with the shope vac pretty easy though. Next thing to figure out will be the holes for the ports either have to fix the drill press or just throw it away and have them machined at work which might take a while.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 12-15-2013 at 04:25 PM..
Old 12-15-2013, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #166 (permalink)

Well i finished making the flanges for the intakes that bolt to the heads. All 6 fit perfectly and the ports match well.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 12-21-2013, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #167 (permalink)

Tomorrow will put the cylinders and head on to start mocking everything up.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 12-21-2013, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #168 (permalink)

Next step is to figure out how to make a jig for the flanges that connect to the ITB's. the holes in the flanges are 46 mm apart on a square. and the holes are only 5 .8 thread pitch so they have to be pretty precise. I have them cut out that was the easy part of course.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 12-26-2013, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #169 (permalink)

OK so the best way to make all the holes match was to make four bolts into center punches and bolt them into the flange worked great took only a few minutes.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 12-26-2013, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #170 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Transfer punches are perfect for that job
Old 12-26-2013, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #171 (permalink)

not sure what those are but the ones i made worked just fine.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 12-27-2013, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #172 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
R.I.P.

very creative Ken -
Old 12-27-2013, 02:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #173 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
very creative Ken -
Thanks!!
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 12-27-2013, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #174 (permalink)

I made it partially through drilling all the flange holes and installing time serts. Checked each one when finished to make sure it fit ok. Got 4 of them done when the power went out. I'll be back at it tomorrow.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 12-27-2013, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #175 (permalink)
R.I.P.

ok I'll say it - you should be making 2 of everything because you know someone is gonna want that set-up toooo
Old 12-28-2013, 12:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #176 (permalink)

LOL
well for a phenominal fee I suppose I could make another. However i think you should wait until you see them after I'm done welding them together. Not so sure how good everything will look then.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 12-28-2013 at 03:43 PM..
Old 12-28-2013, 03:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #177 (permalink)

OK so I got all the time serts done and 3 of them bored out. Should be able to finish boring them tomorrow. then have to port match them to the ITB's and trim the outside of the flanges.

05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 12-28-2013, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #178 (permalink)

Got the rest of the flanges drilled today. Looks like the stock length 3.2 studs will be too long though. have to try something shorter that will not interfere with the vacuum ports. These will come out directly over the inside intake studs.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 12-29-2013, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #179 (permalink)

FWIW here's a link to kit with 6 intake heat insulators with 40mm holes, 12 intake gaskets, and 12 stainless steel studs that might work.

I have this kit and it's good quality.
The insulators and gaskets are for my intake if I ever do the top end and I want to use the stainless studs for the exhaust headers or at least try them.
Heat Insulators
Old 12-29-2013, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #180 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: