Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Thank you, Ronnie.

I didn't know what to call that line! Cheap enough at our hosts. May order one just to have one.

I now need to determine which of the lines in that area are leaking, or whether there is a loose connection. May be difficult to do, given the engine is now far from a state of operability!

To do anything more, I need to get off the distributor and the paper heater "accordian" tube so I can get at the fittings.
63 904 (086), 63 904 (038)
70 914-6
Old 08-02-2013, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
It has been a LONG TIME since I posted on this thread. Often life seems to get in the way of progress, even for an old fart like me.

But I have made lots of progress, changed all of these hoses/tubes:

Finally got the motor put together enough to run it. I still seem to have some leaks. One is strange, it seems to be coming out of the bottom of the driver's side heater box, see pic:

It looks like the oil is seeping out of the metal to metal junction at the access hole for the exhaust manifold attachment (red arrow), then moving down the exterior of the heater box (blue line).

Since the air input to that box comes via a closed tube and accordion hose from the engine shroud and blower, I can't figure out how oil would get inside of the air box.

Second leak point shows up as a pool of oil on the top of the head/block just under the left shroud air output to the heater box.

Anything inside the shroud on the left rear top of the engine that could supply the oil?

I'm going to remove the heater tube and hose on that side to see how much oil might be inside.
63 904 (086), 63 904 (038)
70 914-6
Old 04-28-2014, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

I doubt oil is getting into your heat hose but pull it and check it out anyways. Maybe that oil leaking on your exhaust manifold is coming from the oil return tubes just above it.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: