Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
My take on a 930 RS Interior

My RS Interior project has moved toward the dash and now after completing the lower dash in aluminum, laying out where the Milspec toggles etc. will go its finally starting to take shape. Next the splash of red leather for the gauge cluster and then re-cover the dash pad and lower dash in black leather.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Jiu Jitsu Grappler

Garage
Covering the gauge cluster is a nice touch. Nice Cobra by the way, which forces the question. Which do you prefer the Shelby or the 930? Both awesome cars!

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
2009 Carerra S (997.2)
Old 07-30-2013, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you. I prefer the cobra, i have yet to really drive the 930, sorta took it apart upon its arrival and have been slowly refreshing things, i think its gonna be comparable though both are nasty vehicles with wicked reputations Started gluing and cutting the gauge surround.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Love the signature.......
77 911tt EFI wide body red/ Slightly modified SOLD
Old 08-09-2013, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you yea its pretty special.

Made some more progress.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
I would rather be driving

While I like the concept I cant help but think of what would happen to my knees on that bent lower edge of aluminum dash. It looks like it hangs down a good few inches below the actual dash. Could you raise it up?

Sorry, Just a tall driver that has space issues with legs under dashboards.
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 08-13-2013, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Jiu Jitsu Grappler

Garage
It could be dangerous in the event of a crash, which is why the factory put the Knee pads there.

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
2009 Carerra S (997.2)
Old 08-13-2013, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
starter

Honda start button and mil spec toggle

Old 09-02-2013, 11:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
dash

Recovered upper dash

Old 09-23-2013, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
lower dash

Lower dash covered. Mount for S2000 starter button.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
fitting

Old 10-14-2013, 10:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
The bottom metal dash part looks really painfull if you were to hit it with your knees..
1993 Vaz 21063
Old 10-15-2013, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Ignore the haters. That lower dash is a work of art. Besides, your car. Your knees.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
thank you

Thank you very much.

Rod
Old 10-16-2013, 03:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Jiu Jitsu Grappler

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkabush View Post
Ignore the haters. That lower dash is a work of art. Besides, your car. Your knees.

No haters here. I made the same comment about the dash because its a valid concern. The OP may honestly not be aware of this. I also checked out his garage and said that he had two awesome cars.

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
2009 Carerra S (997.2)
Old 10-16-2013, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
This is the first time ive ever been called that. Im not hating anything im just concered about it...
1993 Vaz 21063
Old 10-16-2013, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

My apologies. I'm not trying to offend anyone.
I understand the safety concerns and I'm sure the OP does as well. It just seems a bit counter productive to point that out. Clearly he has put allot of thought and hard work into the dash as well as the rest of the build.
I really doubt he's going to reverse it due to a few comments concerning his knees.
I personally love the interior. Keep the pix coming.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Jiu Jitsu Grappler

Garage
Quote:
My apologies. I'm not trying to offend anyone.
I understand the safety concerns and I'm sure the OP does as well. It just seems a bit counter productive to point that out. Clearly he has put allot of thought and hard work into the dash as well as the rest of the build.
I really doubt he's going to reverse it due to a few comments concerning his knees.
I personally love the interior. Keep the pix coming.

No worries...This is a Porsche forum remember, and one should expect others to chime in and offer advise and or opinion. I doubt the OP is that thin skinned that he would take a safety concern as criticism of his very nice build. FWIW, I used to run a full cage on the street until I learned from my fellow Pelicans how dangerous the front portion is on a street car, so I removed the entire front section. I was grateful for the advise. Kinda strange that your defending the OP's feelings so much when he even didnt comment about it.

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
2009 Carerra S (997.2)
Old 10-16-2013, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks

Thank you Gents.

I appreciate all the concern, the lower dash is lower than the factory dash, however the seats are now virtually bolted to the floor, my knees are marginally lower now.

The aluminum dash is only .020 thick and I realize it could still cause damage to my legs. If I did it again I might raise the lower dash to match the original.

Anyway, fabrication of the new aluminum gauge panel, fastened with counter-sunk aviation rivets all before red leather covering.

Rod

Old 11-16-2013, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Love the red leather idea but why change all the gauges?
Old 11-16-2013, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: