Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo951 View Post
Excellence has 78-79 turbo value at 45-70 K .....In the new buyers guide. Also in my post earlier the person that hit my car didnt have enough coverage... So my insurance company handled everything and then went after the other party for the rest of the money...
Thanks for explaining, now I get it.

I might have a on agent from my insurance over on Friday. To assess the damage, any specific advice?

www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-04-2013, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
I called Kjeld at Canepa today. I hesitated when Chris gave me that name, because it is not American, it is an old Danish name. I called him. Turns out his dad is Danish, however, he told me they don't do collision work, only restorations. I explained to him what kind of 930 we are taking about. He asked me to send pictures of the car. Haven't heard back since. Hopefully I will tomorrow.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-04-2013, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
Screenshot taken directly from Hagerty's website. Sounds like your car is between a 1 and a 2 (conservatively, from the sounds of it you could probably argue a 1). Good luck!

'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car
Old 12-04-2013, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you very much for that post. I couldn't figure out how to generate that report, just realized what tab you clicked.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-04-2013, 08:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Garage
911 Design (although in LA) does repairs, race cars, etc.
911 Design911 Design logoPorsche Services
Loren Beggs
5505 Moreno Street
Montclair, CA 91763
Phone: 909-982-9111
Fax: 909-982-9112
Email: loren@nine11design.com
Visit us on 911design - Porsche service, maintenance and repair

Completely satisfied with the work they have done for me over last couple of years.

D. Jansen
79 911 SC
GT4 POC
Old 12-04-2013, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkracer21j View Post
Jes,
I'm really sorry to hear this. If your interested I have a shop for you in the L.A. Area from when I lived out there. They do flawless work! I mean Flawless. They just fixed my friends 86 carrera. it was an original paint car and he was completely rear ended / side swiped in traffic by a SUV, now its not original paint but its perfect as it never was hit! Give me ring or I can txt you the info.
Thanks Pete.

It sure sucks.

You know how much I have worked to make this thing drive properly. It never drove better than now. I drove it everyday and loved it more and more. Perfect driver.

Just want to get it back on the road. I dont know where I am going to end up regarding repairing it. I know now, from experience, having the shop close, so I can stop by an follow the progress, is important to ensure expectations match.
I will keep your input in mind. Say hi to the doc.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-04-2013, 09:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Garage
Small update, feedback please.

The State Farm ( my insurance) "auto estimate inspector" was here today.

She was nice and seems helpful. She took pictures of the cars and listened to my history of the car.
She said, she couldn't give an on-site estimate because of the nature of the vehicle and the uncertainty of the extent of the damage. It would have to be taken to the shop. Which is most likely going to be Canepa.
She asked whether I wanted to go through State Farm of aaa, I asked what she would do, she said, she would use her own co, State Farm, if it was her. I am leaning towards that, since, if anyone are to represent my interest, it should be my co, advice on this....?

This Thursday, the aaa equivalent will be here. Appreciate do's and don't son this one as well.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-10-2013, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

I just read through this post. I'm glad you seam ok but like has been said many times get xrays and an MRI.
I too have been down this road. Years ago I was hit by a drunk frat boy on my 57 Triumph motorcycle with my girlfriend on the back. We were way to naive. Even though we did get checked out at the hospital I ended up settling out of court for less than the damage to the bike. We both really regretted that. Both of us had lingering issues as a result. No recourse. I also would take the advice of others. Lawyer up. You need a professional advocating for YOU. This will not only take away allot of the stress and burden but you'll be much more likely to get what you deserve.
That's a really special car as you well know. I wish you all the best.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

I had a 87 Targa take a rear-end hit. I was insured through State Farm.

Zero issues with them. They let me repair it correctly, no hassles and then went after the other guy for the costs.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

By the look of things that will never be repaired properly without a new pan , rear suspension, new rear clip and all mounts. Probably a total. So sorry to hear about this careless ass that hit your beautiful car. I understand accidents happen but when other drivers see a high end car they seem to tailgate and lose all driving skills completely.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
I've gone native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree930 View Post
I had a 87 Targa take a rear-end hit. I was insured through State Farm.

Zero issues with them. They let me repair it correctly, no hassles and then went after the other guy for the costs.
Agree w st, once had a guy hit my 997tt, stat farm, no issues.
Btw, shadetree, how do you like the 996tt?
C
Old 12-10-2013, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt surgeon View Post
Agree w st, once had a guy hit my 997tt, stat farm, no issues.
Btw, shadetree, how do you like the 996tt?
C
Completely different experience. Not as visceral. But goes like stink!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree930 View Post
Completely different experience. Not as visceral. But goes like stink!
Is ^ that Scott's old car?
Old 12-11-2013, 04:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Sorry to hear about this Jesper, it is our worst fear realized as enthusiasts.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for chiming in Brian. Yes, this is pure mean, not helping on the Xmas spirit...

However, I had the AAA "the other party" valuator stop by today.

He did not say much apart from. "boy he chose the wrong car to hit." I gave the story about the car, and he said:" unless it is going to be a $100,000 repair estimate, it is not going to be totaled."

I am now waiting on the AAA agent to go back and finish his paperwork and it should be off to Canepa soon.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-12-2013, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Garage
In florida ,the other guys insurance has to pay you an additional check for "lost value" due to this now being a ressurrected severly crashed car. Dont know if other states have this rule? Check on it though ,mybrother got his pickup truck fixed plus a check for 4 or 5 thousand more for lost value.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Garage
Please help with advice on this:

Would you go through my insurance, State Farm, or through the other parties, AAA?
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-17-2013, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Garage
JSVEP ..... read this regarding a PELICAN coming Right Side Up after dealing with State Farm :

Advice in dealing with State Farm Ins

Last edited by pc100porsche; 12-17-2013 at 05:29 PM..
Old 12-17-2013, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc100porsche View Post
JSVEP ..... read this regarding a PELICAN coming Right Side Up after dealing with State Farm :

Advice in dealing with State Farm Ins
Thanks for that information. Not what I was hoping for regarding having to fight that hard.

It is a jungle for me trying to figure out how to navigate the entire insurance co game. Back in Denmark, it is nothing like what I have experienced here in the US. Really depressing.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-17-2013, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Garage
Does any of you know this shop?

Dell Auto Body & Refinishing. Professional Auto Body and Collision Repair Services Since 1991. Call 408-370-0189 - Dell Auto Body & Refinishing. Professional Auto Body and Collision Repair Services Since 1991. Call 408-370-0189

It comes highly recommended from a (one) fellow pelican. I might take it to them, but would prefer a more solid recommendation, if that makes sense.

www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-18-2013, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: