Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsveb View Post
Thanks for the link.

I would say my car is a 2 plus. In popular terms it was mint. With some very rare options.

Paint, Lesonal 704, matte Schwartz.
Sunroof delete
Roll cage, you should see the old tweed-like cloth under the old nappa.
Cibie hood lights.
Recaro sports seats with special cut out for a four point harness.

The story is, it was sold as one of two to a Saudi prince(unconfirmed), to use a autobahn cruisers. So far I have traced it to the German dealer.

As I mentioned earlier, it has just had a rebuild at FBR in Tucker GA. I had it painted at john holt in atl at that time as well.

Usual engine updates. Andial etc.

Basically an awesome specimen.
getting close to a six figure car. if they paly games with you and try to total it...tell them to replace it with same car and same condition....that will never happen.

get a signed letter from an expert depicting the cars value in todays market and also point out the price trajectory. that will get their attention too sweet.

Old 12-18-2013, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
I just need to find an expert. Have asked around, but no luck so far.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-18-2013, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Does any of you know this shop?

Dell Auto Body & Refinishing. Professional Auto Body and Collision Repair Services Since 1991. Call 408-370-0189 - Dell Auto Body & Refinishing. Professional Auto Body and Collision Repair Services Since 1991. Call 408-370-0189

It comes highly recommended from a (one) fellow pelican. I might take it to them, but would prefer a more solid recommendation, if that makes sense.
Anything?
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-18-2013, 07:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
I don't know these guys and they may do fine work, but they advertise newer model cars, probably bread and butter for them. You need someone who specializes in these cars specifically. If you ever want to sell the car, it would be nice to hand a perspective a receipt of a porsche restoration shop or speciaty shop that's well known within the enthusiast community. There's got to be a better choice out there for you. I'll hit up my vintage race buddies see what they know.
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'71 914 track car
Old 12-18-2013, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Anything?
CPR in fallbrook, ca.

expert!
Old 12-18-2013, 08:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by infraredcalvin View Post
I don't know these guys and they may do fine work, but they advertise newer model cars, probably bread and butter for them. You need someone who specializes in these cars specifically. If you ever want to sell the car, it would be nice to hand a perspective a receipt of a porsche restoration shop or speciaty shop that's well known within the enthusiast community. There's got to be a better choice out there for you. I'll hit up my vintage race buddies see what they know.
Still researching, but yesterday I talked to David Loop here from the Monterey area. Some of you might remember the name. He used to run a quite reputable business in this area, from what I have heard, but has retired. He remembered Dell, and said it had been around for years, did good work and had porsche experience.
I also talked to mike at the Dell shop, he said they were used to working on Porsches and were currently working on a 356. If you can get info to confirm this, it be greatly appreciated.

Ferraripete, thanks, however, Fallbrook is way south from Monterey. Though I don't know, but there has got to be someone closer with all the concourse shows?

Really appreciate the help guys!
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-19-2013, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Garage
Crawling back up the slope...

Well guys, I have settled on a shop for now.

The body shop that will handle the collision part is Dell autobody in Campbell. It came recommended by rgofast, pelican and David Loop, a former Porsche mech here from the Monterey area, also remembered it, from his days in the business, as a good shop. I went up there on Thursday to check it out, and the shop seemed like a really nice place that handles restorations and collision off all sorts of high-end cars. I saw everything from a 356, a Datsun, 964, 996/7 race cars to a countach and Gallardo and also a Bentley, a lotus etc etc. The reason I settle on this shop, was the service they seem to provide on the whole insurance part of this. They were very friendly in explaining things, more than twice... To make sure I felt as comfortable as can be when not being used to this sort of thing.

The engine shop that will go over the engine is Don Wise, Donsautowerks, it is an oldschool shop kind of like franz Blam in tucker where I just had the engine rebuilt about a year and a half ago.

Pictures:

The car is loaded onto the flatbed, looks sad to me.

And then we followed the truck to the shop:

And this is how I left it at Dell's bodyshop:

I will continue to upload progress on the revival of my car.

I want to thank all you guys whom have posted and PMed me with advice and general support!

More to follow...
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-24-2013, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Garage
This is freaking redicules

The AAA evaluator just called to say the estimate of my car's is done.

WTF, he set the value at $34000, using two 1978 SC in his "comparative analysis"

Dammit this is frustrating. Please do your homework sir.

Sorry had to vent.

I sent him some examples of comparative models that has recently sold. Etc.

Merry Xmas.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 12-24-2013, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
I expected the value initially to come in exactly there but am surprised he used "sc" in his description.
Flawed.
It's just the start don't worry.
Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Garage
The AAA guys only comment to my emails with cars and deals, past and present, that reflected the value of my car was, he'd attach it to my claim. No way!

His report is erroneous and does not in any way reflect the real market value of my vehicle.

I went up and talked to Carlos at Dell autobody. He was not too concerned about it. Though next week will be slow, they will get started and he was certain it is no problem to prove the true value of my car and hence get it fixed. He seems like a super nice guy that knows his stuff.

I will write another mail to make sure it is clear that the evaluators work is erroneous and does not reflect reality. If he does not change his work I'll go directly to AAA claim agent and show them the flawed work of their contractor. Then, if necessary, through legal channels. Please advice on your opinion on these thoughts.

Btw, Carlos showed how the right rear chassis was bent close to where the fender support tube is. It is very sad to see the car in this state! So much work and money and now this struggle
www.stauningwhisky.dk

Last edited by jsveb; 12-29-2013 at 06:49 PM..
Old 12-29-2013, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

I did a AAA rant at the beginning of this post, tried not to. If the repair shop is willing to fight it out with AAA, let them. As I said earlier, my mechanic and body shop blew AAA off, did the repairs and billed them. They all worked it out. Even though the repair bill exceeded the AAA write off estimate, they paid it. I would just keep deferring to the repair shops.

The AAA adjusters job is to have them pay the least they can, your just wasting your time trying to convince them. They don't care about your documentation. AAA doesn't do very well in court, especially if you have all the documentation. I would avoid at all costs hiring an attorney, that's another bill your taking on with no guarantee that you'll win, or get your attorney's expenses reimbursed.

I would file a complaint with the state attorney's office, or insurance commissioner.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)
I've gone native

I'd consider action for deminushed value with either the ins co or the assailant only after you let the body shop go at it with AAA.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Garage
Long shot, need help.

The insurance co are using the below vehicle, as one of two--how's that for scientific validity--when establishing the value of my car. This car, however, is a highly modded but with no special options from the factory, so I do not believe it does at all compare to my car that is special because of its factory options.

Furthermore, the insurance co says this car is excellent in condition, presumably based on the add, whereas my car is only rated as average. How they got there, I don't know. New paint job, extremely rare color on a 930. And, a rebuilt engine that the insurance also rates as a mere 3/good out of five. They have never heard it run -It is completely arbitrary.

I have received twenty pages of receipts for the car below, as part of my research, but cannot see the paint itself. I can see the interior is not stock with mid to late eighties seats. Also, for some reason, it has got a 915 tranny.
If any of you live close, as in it is no problem to drop by and check it out, I would appreciate that. Take pictures and send to me.

I know it is a long shot, but you never know

Btw, the insurance co have completely disregarded the many examples of cars and the hagerty reports.
www.stauningwhisky.dk

Last edited by jsveb; 01-03-2014 at 07:10 PM..
Old 01-03-2014, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Garage
Picture of the car in question

www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 01-03-2014, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Although a competitor to AAA, perhaps the information in the Hagerty price guide thread here might prove helpful.
By United States Marines.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)
I've gone native

Refer them to Sloan cars, more comparable.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks guys

I have already included hagerty info to them. Including the latest update.
I also believe Sloan cars. It was all completely disregarded.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
They will disregard everything that hurts their case. Attorneys make them accountable.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)
I've gone native

Yes, get your car fixed, let the shop fight with them.....then get an attack dog lawyer.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

Garage
Updates

The car has been at Dell autobody in Campbell CA for a while now. The repairs are progressing nicely and Patricia, Mike and Carlos have been very accommodating and professional to work with. Though they cannot undue what has happened, if it continues this way, it will be as good as it gets. Fingers crossed.

Here are some pictures from the shop:

Still painful to watch, but isn't it just a gorgeous car?

Continued...

www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 02-21-2014, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: