Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
More updates, Celette

Just got these:

I really really just want to drive this Beauty again.

Enjoy your weekend guys.

www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 02-21-2014, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)

Looks good...
Here's a few pics from when my car was being painted around 6 years ago. They painted it with Standox paint in the original color and wet sanded and buffed out the whole car. No orange peel anywhere. It was amazing when I got it back.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Garage
Very nice. What oil cooler is that?
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 02-21-2014, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)

Billy Boat or B&B
Old 02-21-2014, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Garage
So the cooler was black at one time!!
Old 02-21-2014, 03:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)

lol... yup
Old 02-21-2014, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
Jesper, if your car is on a bench now it won't be long before the shop will have it in paint. I had something similar happen to one of my 930s, it too needed Celette treatment but after paint there was NO indication anything ever happened - a proper repair.

Jim's picture reminds me of my 993 last sept. Last summer I did a non-sunroof roof conversion to my cab, my race partner painted it then wet sanded and polished it. Flat paint without orange peel! Exactly like the factory paint.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)

Garage
Some more obstacles to tackle:

As I've said before, I am lucky to have a car ( if one cares for that sort of thing) that is absolutely unique from the factory, you won't find one like it out there. However, a while back AAA backed out of the claim, since the repairs reached their clients claim limit. Well, now State Farm has taken over, and they called me today. They will send out an appraiser to look at the car, because they are not sure if the car should be totaled or not. Those were not the words used, but that's what it meant. This has been a steep learning curve regarding the US insurance business, where I am from this would be illegal. However, that is completely irrelevant right now.

I simply don't get it. When you see what nice 930's fetch these days, then consider that this car is literally unique, color, options, and also the fact that I have recently loaded a lot of money into it, paint and engine. It is unreal and very frustrating. You should see the emails I got from the AAA guy regarding the value of the car. He really did not know what he was looking at, and it seemed, he did not care. Now I hope I can properly demonstrate to the State Farm equivalent what kind of car we are discussing.

Today I sent the appraiser the CoA along with a seven page paper I wrote doing a comparative analysis of my car to other cars recently sold along with general market value adjusted for rarity.

Wish me luck.
www.stauningwhisky.dk

Last edited by jsveb; 02-21-2014 at 09:23 PM..
Old 02-21-2014, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)

Garage
Today's visit at the shop

www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 02-22-2014, 09:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)

Garage

The insurance appraiser will have a look at the car next week. I hope they found a guy that knows what he is looking at; realizing the difference in value between this and an SC targa...
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 02-22-2014, 09:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)
930T Owner

Garage
You know this may not be something you are interested in; but seeing your car on the rack with the motor down made me think this would be a great time to have them reinforce the rear shock towers. I don't know if you ever had a desire to run a coilover on the rear or not, but it would be really easy to complete the work in the state the car is now.

Also - I wouldn't bother trying to argue the value of your car with the insurance company unless they were planning to total it. Since it's under repair I presume they've agreed to fix it right?

Best of luck in getting it fixed!!!

Kind regards,

Chris.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Hey Jesper-

It pains me to see your gem in that state - must literally gut you.

BUT!

Looks like you're well on your way to getting it sorted and back to it's deserved GLORY - despite the insurance PITA issues, bureaucracy, politics, ignorance, etc. SC Targa - what a joke. That's lawsuit material right there.

Crazy to see all the issue points highlighted like that - very revealing (literally!). It's nuts to see how extensive things can get from a hit. Wow. Very enlightening (and unfortunate - but - you're in good hands and they WILL get it right... I just know it).

anywayz... hang in there bud, I know it must be terribly hard to stay up about all this. And thanks for the updates, been sitting here wondering how you'd been making out over there.

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 02-23-2014, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)

Looks like the car is in good hands.

How's your neck?
Old 02-23-2014, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)

Garage
After reading 5 page's I can't believe this is such a issue with insurance companies. They have there own interests first and will take your money until you need there help then tell you to F&@# %#F ! what BS....
I hope you bring this car back to life no matter how it turns out ,rare and unique this is what makes these cars so collectible. Just wish everyone (ins agents) was on the same page...

I will keep watching hoping for the best

Kozmo
Old 02-23-2014, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the kind words fellows.

Indeed the insurance co is still contemplating totaling the car. This does not make any sense, if one cares to do the math, even if we keep it WAY conservative on the valuation side.
How they can do that at this stage, I don't know.

So far, I have only praise for the shop, Dell autobody in Campbell, CA.

Painful yes, recalling all the time spent getting the car back to its original guise and glory, it has been a long journey. A journey that has just begun, yet took a soon and sudden wrong turn.
It is just a car, but like many of you, this is a dream that began in my single digit years when I was playing with Porsche cards with my brothers.

Had I not been posted here in the US, I'd never been able to get a car like this, for that I am greatfuel. This journey will get back on track.

No more Sunday eve drama for now.
www.stauningwhisky.dk

Last edited by jsveb; 02-23-2014 at 07:27 PM..
Old 02-23-2014, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Looks like the car is in good hands.

How's your neck?
My entire frame could use a stretch in a Celette, but that's a different story.

Hams930T, considering what kind of car this is, I will not be doing those kinds of mods. I totally appreciate the more modern suspension, but I must also say, my Carrera 3.0 with a brandspanking new and quite aggressive Bilstein and TB setup IS AWESOME
www.stauningwhisky.dk

Last edited by jsveb; 03-13-2014 at 10:48 AM..
Old 02-23-2014, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)

Garage
I had a 88'930 Cab 58,000 miles rear ended June 15th 2012 Willis Tx. Ins.gave me 54,600 For it. still rather have car......
Old 02-23-2014, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)

I happened upon this. I don't know the shop but I have confidence in David Loop's advice. Great that you found a good shop that isn't too far away. I will refrain from an insurance rant except to say that I feel for you and know how disgusting some of them can be. Just remember that it is a game and politics and how much they can save their company.

Best to you and your 930.

JR
Old 03-13-2014, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysflat6s View Post
I happened upon this. I don't know the shop but I have confidence in David Loop's advice. Great that you found a good shop that isn't too far away. I will refrain from an insurance rant except to say that I feel for you and know how disgusting some of them can be. Just remember that it is a game and politics and how much they can save their company.

Best to you and your 930.

JR
Thanks for the support. So far I can't recommend trying this. It is an exhausting fight that I never asked for.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 03-13-2014, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)

Garage
Small update:

Here's the latest:

The insurance company ( State Farm)had an independent appraiser out to have a look at the car as part of the likelihood the. Wanting total the car.

While I do not understand or agree with the result of the appraiser, it is the first elaborate and decent approach to setting a value on a car like this.

Now the next hurtle is making the insurance co understand that one cannot simply paint the rear end of this car, for two reasons, first, this color cannot be blended or matched. Two, the body work on the car involves everything excluding the hood and the front bumper and valance. I believe just looking at the pictures of the car is enough to understand the extent of what is required.
Carlos, the shop owner has been great to work with, and so far I can only recommend his shop, Dell autobody, is you happen to end up in a situation like this. I'll keep you posted on how they perform, so far it is very promising.
Here are a couple of pics that shows what kind of shop it is:

To be continued...

www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 03-22-2014, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: