Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
DCR Rides

Garage
Any 930 owners in Tucson AZ?

Good Morning to all,
I am looking to find others in the Tucson area that own 930's
I am currently having a lot of trouble with my 87 930, I am a DIY kind of guy by necessity. I may have to seek help from any local shops that are capable of working on these cars. I could use some recommendations for local shops that are reputable.

TIA
Mike

Old 12-07-2013, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Well I know of a great shop in Phoenix that can fix your car if your willing to make the drive. If not the owner is likely to give you some very good advice over the phone. PM me for the contact info.
Steve
1969 Carrera Widebody TurboKraft Custom (Mexico Blue)
2001 E39 M5 Imola/Black-red interior
Old 12-07-2013, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hi Mike,

I'm a 930 guy in Tucson. I haven't been there for a while, but Chuck at Redline is very knowledgeable and is a certified Porsche freak. Here is his contact info:

(520) 795-5394
3767 E. Hardy Dr. Tucson, AZ 85716

A couple of blocks north of Ft. Lowell and a couple of blocks west of Alvernon.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

If you get stuck, we're <2hrs from you in Mesa.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 12-07-2013, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
DCR Rides

Garage
Thank you all for your responses.
I am troubleshooting some electrical and ignition problems. If I cannot solve the problems by the end of the month I will seek assistance.
a little history below of the issues I am having.

I haven't gotten it to start since August. It cranks strong but just will not start. This all began with the alt. going out, taking out the Alt warning Diode. Which I replaced. I got it to run once after changing the alternator. took it out on a 3 mile trip to the Gas Station, filled up the Tank, jumped in , It fired right up, I started to drive and It quit running as I slowed to drive over a speed hump. It just Died suddenly. I checked the fuses and relays and found the fuel pump fuse was blown and the wiring coming out of the top of the fuse block was blackened. So I am having a great time getting to know the wiring as I have had some random problems with the central door lock and Alarm systems as well.

Thanks
Mike
Old 12-07-2013, 09:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Certified User

Garage
Mike,
Check the thread called "sticky common answers why my car doesnt start" at the top of the page.
There may be some useful hints in there.
Bill
Memories: '68 912, '72 911T, '80 911SC, '84 911, '85 930, '86 930, '87 911
Old 12-08-2013, 01:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

DCR Rides

Garage
Thanks Bill, I have read that sticky and have most of it printed out. I need to start of from scratch and patiently work my way back through every thing. My biggest problem is not having a good factory repair manual for the late 80's Turbo.

I found a site that has a very poor pdf of the 87 wiring diagrams it is unprintable and just about impossible to read.
Mike
Old 12-08-2013, 05:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
DCR Rides

Garage
Thanks to both Steve and Chris. I am unable to get my car up to Phoenix at this time.

Chris due to the nature of my problems. I am seriously considering the costs of converting to a modern EMS with EFI and a Distributorless Igniton system . I am looking to achieve reliability over HP gains. I am looking to delete my CAT and Airpump and simplifying the engine controls. I am on a restricted budget as this is a shared vehicle. I need to do as much of the work as I can myself. I would love to hear your recommendations and source the parts from You.

Regards
Mike
Old 12-08-2013, 05:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I have a wiring diagram for the 87' in Pdf. i can email you if you want to PM me and give me your email address
Old 12-08-2013, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

An EFI conversion would certainly resolve any staring issues related to the stock CIS and its related wiring, as we typically remove all that and give it to you in a box. But if there's other wiring/electrical problems, they'll obviously need to be resolved.

The drivability benefits of EFI are documented all over this board, and done right it is perfectly reliable. JBurer has the EFI C2T we did nearly 10 years ago, it's still going strong with just regular maintenance.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 12-09-2013, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
DCR Rides

Garage
Thanks Icemann that is a great help. Thanks also to Chris at Turbokraft, I have not yet resolved my electrical, igniton and suspected fueling problems. I gotta get this car running and evaluate where to go from there, I may yet decide to go to the next level. I figure with my available free time it will take me about 2 months to get Her sorted out.

Regards to all
Mike
Old 12-10-2013, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Iceman, would you send me the Wiring Diagram PDF?? I sent you a PM with my email.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2014, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: