Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
As posted on another thread which some of you may have missed: My 930 Story

I think this is what makes our 930 special:

930 on Voyager Shift

Plus this video (sorry no sound of car)

Old 10-03-2014, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
Mark, remember what I said a couple of months ago about incidents of excessive sentimentality on your part?!?!

Well now, you've just about got me convinced that Paul was serious when he said he rubbed this ass cheeks, and other "parts" too (easy for him to rub his ass on the car, it's certainly big enough, but I bet it was a real chore to rub his other waste disposal apparatus on there - think mosquito proportions) on your car as it awaited shipment, and that his doing so has had a troubling effect on you, my friend!!!
Ronnie boy, I would have been sorely disappointed had you not responded with some wise-ass crack! And yes, there were some mysterious substances adhering to the car when she arrived, but I just figured it was road grime from the 2500 mile trip.

I remember a comment from the guy that I bought my first 930 from. He used to get all starry-eyed just talking about washing the car around its sensuous rear quarters. So I guess the timeless body design and voluptuous curves is part of what makes these cars so special.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Garage
What makes a 930 so special???

That damn smile I have when I'm near it and the cramps in the cheeks when I'm driving.

Being able to do any grin in the car knowing that it's not me they are stairing.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
The reaction of the chic in the vid is fookin priceless - her face distorts at one point, and she squirms a bit goo-like down into her seat. Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfort View Post
The story above, smiling at it in the garage, reminded me that my prior owner told me that he use to like just looking at the car. I see him regularly and he regrets selling it. But it really got to be way too much car for him. He bought a 944.

But he's right. I go in and out of my house through the garage in part just to look at it. It evokes a smile and excitement just thinking about the next drive.

We are truly fortunate.
Amen. The guy I'd sold mine to sold it back to me after 18mos / 200mi... it was quickly clear he too enjoyed it as a 3D poster in his garage, as well as that it proved more than he wanted or could chew.

Giddeup, I'm it's Huckleberry...

in fact, I may start rubbing it down with kittens!

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 10-04-2014, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

in 2004 I was thinking of buying a new car, I never bought a brand new car, but I always loved the body of the 911. I went and looked at a few and drove a convertible and I was amazed how quick the N/A was. The paint was faded and I think he wanted a little to much for it. But driving home I couldn't stop thinking if a N/A drives like that what does a Turbo drive like.

I searched a few sights for 911 Turbo when I got home and found a 86 930 in Delaware (I live in PA). 930 what the hell is a 930 never heard of it, the picture looked like a 911 to me so called and made a date to go see the car.

As soon as I seen it I knew it wasn't a 911 especially from the back. I honestly believe there is no other car that looks as fast as a 930 sitting still especially from the back. So I took it for a ride down rt 13 and after a few miles I said I don't think your turbo is working, I don't see the gauge working either. At this point I was a Chevy tech for 14 years but Chevy didn't turbo anything for some reason. so I was far from turbo "smart". So the owner said to me "Take the next right and floor it don't let up until I tell you. " So I did, I didn't want to beat the mans car so before this I was shifting around 2500rpms and rt13 is pretty flat so you can get away with that. So when we hit about 2700 and that turbo lit up the rear squatted the fenders rose up and she took off. He said "Don't stop now go for third". So I did and third gear was full boost from the start and WOW!

After that I said "Holy Sh%* this is my car" . Probably not the smartest thing to say when your going to be negotiating a price later. He said "Did you see the boost gauge go up" I said "Hell no I was busy looking out the windshield making sure we weren't going to hit anything". He just laughed.

Needless to say I wrote the man a check for the car that day and asked if he could help me out with getting the car to PA. He said he would bring it up for me how did Thursday sound. I said great, then he said "Oh wait a minute is it supposed to rain?" I told him I didn't care if it rained I just wanted the car. He said "This car hasn't seen rain since 1989 and it's not about to now I don't care who owns it"

It's almost 2015 now, I still have never bought a brand new car, and the 930 still hasn't seen rain.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)

Garage
In June 1998 I was at a relatives home and another relative arrived with his 1986 930. This fellow knew I enjoy cars, threw me the keys and told me to take the car for a spin. As I normally do not drive other peoples cars, I politely declined. Nevertheless, the fellow insisted so much, that wishing to be polite, I accepted the keys and decided to take the car for a very short and careful ride around the neighborhood. For some reason, I decided to floor it and experienced for the first time in life, the brutality and incredible acceleration of the 930.

The impression this car left on me was SO great that 16 years later after having owned and driven modern Vipers, Ferraris, AMGs, an Audi RS2 and even an Aston Martin Vantage GT, I could still NOT get out of my head (and heart) the sensation I felt exactly 16 years ago. Therefore, one night in May I found over the internet a fellow in Alaska selling a totally stock Euro Factory Slantnose and decided to take the plunge. As I had a long flight early the next morning and wanted to get all the financials sorted out before I left town, I ended leaving my home after the scheduled time. To make a long story short, for the first time ever in my life, I missed a flight BUT purchased my first 930 and also a Factory Slantnose in the process..

Few people have any idea why I missed my flight and, best of all, the adrenaline rush and sensation this car created in me nearly 20 years ago were not distorted memories or false nostalgia: my 930 still leaves me with the same big grin the first 930 I ever drove did. This is why I admire and respect the 930 for the breakthrough Porsche achieved by creating the (in my opinion) first useable Super Car back in the seventies.

Regards,
Angelo

Last edited by Slfan; 10-04-2014 at 02:07 PM..
Old 10-04-2014, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

I had this made! I think they are special!

Old 10-04-2014, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: