Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrorunner View Post
Btw silicone hose could work but you need to figure out how to mount solidly the Intercooler. It can't move freely with the flexable hoses.
Yes was thinking that, im leaning towards less silicone for this project, ive had too many bits fall off this car while driving already
Old 01-09-2014, 09:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Well the thing moving makes the hoses come off the TB or up pipe and the engine quits. If its held down onto the pipes and kept in place, the hose clamps dont have too much work to do other than to keep boost pressure in. With this type of sealing system, the o-ring to silicone there is less "hold" onto the pipes and TB than normal. If the IC is held down onto them well you'll be fine. Might have to do a little fab work or adjusting. Call Chris at turbokraft, he could guide you through this. He's busy so don't waste all his time but hes very nice and helpful. Good luck
Old 01-10-2014, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Just a thought but The fabspeed IC uses 3 ply silicone on both sides of the cooler. I have one in here now making almost 500Hp and no hoses have blown off yet....
Old 01-10-2014, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Nuen Werke
I'm sure it's bolted down securely too?
Congrats on the nice hp number
Old 01-10-2014, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

yes the cooler is secure. The bracketry is key to keeping those hoses in place for sure
Old 01-11-2014, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
i did the IC conversion on my '76 930, no problem. I did upgrade to the 3.3 intake manifold though since all of the bosses line up perfectly for what ever type of IC you choose to use. Since you are using the stock OEM unit the process is quite easy.

As far as hosing is concerned I have used Intercooler Pipe Fabrication - Silicone Intake Systems Auto Parts
They have an excellent selection of high pressure rubber fitting as well as various stainless pieces (straight, angled, etc.) plus loads of high strentgh clamps, a great source for very reasonable prices.

Get in touch if you need amore hands on help - henrymfisher@comcast.net

Henry
'76 930
Old 01-11-2014, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
I hate to poop in your punchbowl but a 3.3L intercooler will not fit a 3.0L throttlebody.
To do this correctly you'll need a 3.3L intake manifold and BOV. You will also need to modify the 3.3L up-pipe if you have a stock 3LDZ as they are different on the 3.3L engine. It's not as easy as you would think due to all the small differneces adding up.
If I were doing this I would build a custom intercooler and retain everything 3.0L.

Haha my punchbowl is empty

reference pic
rotated tb makes it all work, the tb linkage from pedal is easily lengthened
Old 03-07-2014, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: