Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
There seems to be more around than i thought that are not wanted by their owners and devalued accordingly
Old 01-13-2014, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mang View Post
A lot

I just dangling it out there...thread said searching for MY CAR basically, so if the price were agreed upon, I WOULD sell. So many on the hunt, claiming can't find nice examples...I can't find nice buyer

I think peeps want good deal more than they want good car, my car is proof of that. It is all about the timing. Mine sat 'unbid' on eBay at $60k last year....doh!

Tks for acknowledging it is looking sharp
A nice buyer is a ONE car guy they will appreciate it more who worked hard and long to buy it, they wont ***** about price.the ones who worked hard for it will always pay more for the same car.

But the ones who just buy them for (investment) and have lots of cars in their garage..
They will always look for the (bargain) knock the price down, complain something isnt right, get a ppi, whinge about the tire pressure and so forth,,
the other always have some need to show others how good they are by how many cool cars they have in their garage yet never get their hands dirty and always say words like "having said that" and "I concur"

Its about the passion,
For me there isnt enough money to buy my car, ive put too much sweat and tears into it to sell it im taking it to the grave.

So Having said that if you don't need to sell your car then dont sell it.
but if you do actually decide to sell it and the undercarriage is clean and it has matching numbers then at least respect it and double what you are currently asking

I do understand that people need to for financial reasons and theres no other way out, and theyre the ones who undervalue their car for a quick sale.

If anyone who has been reading this post read the other post about (whats good about a 930) i think its called..

And then think again how much your car is worth to you

Ive had my biatch for the day..
Old 01-13-2014, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyg View Post
A nice buyer is a ONE car guy they will appreciate it more who worked hard and long to buy it, they wont ***** about price.the ones who worked hard for it will always pay more for the same car.

But the ones who just buy them for (investment) and have lots of cars in their garage..
They will always look for the (bargain) knock the price down, complain something isnt right, get a ppi, whinge about the tire pressure and so forth,,
the other always have some need to show others how good they are by how many cool cars they have in their garage yet never get their hands dirty and always say words like "having said that" and "I concur"
This is some of the dumbest logic I've ever heard. How can you even begin to fathom what's in the minds of buyers heads, regardless of how many cars they have? On the flipside of that equation, and adding to your ridiculous rant, what about the concept that buyers who have multiple cars might be able to afford to spend more than those with one (or none) in their garage?

Last edited by njcycleguy; 01-13-2014 at 07:10 PM..
Old 01-13-2014, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcycleguy View Post
Thanks to everyone that has responded.

I bought a 964 Turbo this weekend, picking up this weekend.

Still on the hunt for a 930 though, so continue to send me what you have.

Thanks!
Nice!! Let's see some pics. There isn't a super active forum specifically for 964 Turbos - some of us hang out here :-) as there are some similarities and this is a fun, active group - and there is a specific forum on RL...

Enjoy the new ride!
Denver, CO
Old 01-13-2014, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

I only responded because njcycleguy described what he was looking for and my example is it. Problem is my car is one of the best, and I am not needing to sell, so yes, it is at a lofty price if I were to sell, but not ridiculously out of today's increased 'market value'.

Regarding valuation....I suggested last year when lowballer/flippers were combing the market that these 'condition 1' cars would be six figures within a year, and ya, I was insulted for going there. I was right, the insulters were wrong (no, not a single one of them apologized, lol).

njcycleguy was not disrespectful, but declined interest at my price, so RobbyG, I am asking a lot, and gonna always be at the top of the market. The discussion should be about where these cars are going to go $$ wise.....67S's and '73 Carrera's are at $ figures that lead me to speculate on where '70's 930's are going to plateau at....any guesses? Today's lofty price seems a bargain 6 mos. out, that is and has been my position. My car is just incredible....paint turned 35 years old this year, you wouldn't believe it, until you see it.
Sorry to hijack your search thread, but we are all interested in these discussions.

And njcycleguy, congrats on the recent acquisition, pics please!
I mean this in a friendly way, but you gonna regret not pursuing my car!! I already gonna want more for it if I offer in the spring/summer, next year, etc..

Last edited by Mang; 01-13-2014 at 07:41 PM..
Old 01-13-2014, 07:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Not picking up the 964 till Saturday, still debating whether to truck or drive it.. I prefer the latter, but the weather sucks around here.

As far as 930 values go, Mang it looks like you were right.. I always felt 930s were undervalued and it is good to see them get their due.. the crystal ball (which no one has) is where the values are headed.. everyone has an opinion, mine is the market will peak in Spring and then begin to stabilize a bit. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think more right.

And to be clear I'm not buying as an investor or flipper, I love all the cars I own, and I'm building myself a collection of cars I've wanted for many years.

Last edited by njcycleguy; 01-13-2014 at 07:53 PM..
Old 01-13-2014, 07:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
I mean this in a friendly way, but you gonna regret not pursuing my car!! I already gonna want more for it if I offer in the spring/summer, next year, etc..
Thanks, and perhaps - I'm just not mentally ready to spend 6 digits on a 930 yet. But your car is beautiful. Too bad I missed it when it was 60k.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Congrats on the 964! Is it a 3.3 or 3.6? Where are the pics??

Assuming you are in NJ. Where are you? I'm in Morris County. I agree with the weather challenges you are having. It's killing me to have this car in the garage and to have to stare at it every single day as I get in my 4Runner...
Old 01-13-2014, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Long time lurker here on Pelican, been searching for a 930 for the past year. I have a relatively large collection of cars including 2 Ferraris, a new 991, an E30 M3, and a few others.

My criteria in my 930 search is simple:

- Less than 80k miles (no triple digit mileage)

Open to all Colors / Years - Euro Spec cars OK. Open to coupe or cab.

PM me what you have and what you're thinking price-wise. Cash ready for the right car.

Thanks,

-Ted
You have quite the collection of nice cars, I'd say you can afford a real nice turbo.

I have a real nice 88 turbo, it's a sun roof coupe with 59,000 miles. All original panels with VIN tags intact and all original paint.

It has leather interior with sport seats and is a 9+, exterior is an 8.5

The car is black with black interior, tinted windows and gloss black centered Fuchs .

If this car would interest you, let me know what you would give.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
I've gone native

Quote:
I only responded because njcycleguy described what he was looking for and my example is it. Problem is my car is one of the best, and I am not needing to sell, so yes, it is at a lofty price if I were to sell, but not ridiculously out of today's increased 'market value'.

Regarding valuation....I suggested last year when lowballer/flippers were combing the market that these 'condition 1' cars would be six figures within a year, and ya, I was insulted for going there. I was right, the insulters were wrong (no, not a single one of them apologized, lol).

njcycleguy was not disrespectful, but declined interest at my price, so RobbyG, I am asking a lot, and gonna always be at the top of the market. The discussion should be about where these cars are going to go $$ wise.....67S's and '73 Carrera's are at $ figures that lead me to speculate on where '70's 930's are going to plateau at....any guesses? Today's lofty price seems a bargain 6 mos. out, that is and has been my position. My car is just incredible....paint turned 35 years old this year, you wouldn't believe it, until you see it.
Sorry to hijack your search thread, but we are all interested in these discussions.

Mang, you were right about the prices going up, but as I recall you were seeking advice on selling your car in the current market of the day, last yr, hence the advice to lower your price at the time. The market will always speak if you are priced too high or too low. If you decide to sell, good luck, but I would keep that car unless you must sell.
Beauty.
C
Old 01-13-2014, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Thanks, and perhaps - I'm just not mentally ready to spend 6 digits on a 930 yet. But your car is beautiful. Too bad I missed it when it was 60k.
it was a 6 figure car back when it was unloved at 60k...that car of mang's is the perfect example of a car for the discriminating buyer that wants a zero excuses 930.

the way to sell that car is to literally tell any prospect to go test the market and look at a bunch of cars...then look at mang's car and be happy to pay up and have no regrets

a lovely and totally stock 930...he will sell that car someday and I am certain it will be a 6 figure transaction.

pcb
Old 01-13-2014, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
This is some of the dumbest logic I've ever heard. How can you even begin to fathom what's in the minds of buyers heads, regardless of how many cars they have? On the flipside of that equation, and adding to your ridiculous rant, what about the concept that buyers who have multiple cars might be able to afford to spend more than those with one (or none) in their garage?

Everyone has a point of view of what they think is going in the buyers heads, just read the posts in this thread, i just gave mine in a different? way..

When i bought mine it was not about the money, i sold all i had to get her rundown as she was /is ,but still a priceless car cos it cost me everything and continues to cost me everything and im not meaning financial, thats why i said ill sell it for $400k but in truth i wouldnt, market says 70 or 80k i dont know cos i dont care, cars a part of me so Its the passion,quick example; ive spent the last 4 or 5 weeks polishing then engraving with a dremel the numbers 930930930etc etc in a twist 4mm high in my brake line (ive just finished the front left one, at least viewed by my wife as one of my saner projects on the car If you love a 930 doesnt matter how much it costs, is what im trying to say. look into the cars eyes before you balk at prices..loved cars show more character than less loved, hard to explain

I guess im an anticapitalistic sort of guy, im more for the soul,
I mean no offence it is not personal
I wish you well in your search for your 930, when you get one youll prob replace every other car you have with 930's, including the 964
Old 01-14-2014, 02:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferraripete View Post
it was a 6 figure car back when it was unloved at 60k...that car of mang's is the perfect example of a car for the discriminating buyer that wants a zero excuses 930.

the way to sell that car is to literally tell any prospect to go test the market and look at a bunch of cars...then look at mang's car and be happy to pay up and have no regrets

a lovely and totally stock 930...he will sell that car someday and I am certain it will be a 6 figure transaction.

pcb
Beautifully stated Pete, thanks for that, and my sentiment exactly. They are only original once and RARELY this exceptional. I have always acquired the MOST expensive/extreme example of any car I am passionate about, and paid highest prices for my cars (above market)....and nearly always easily sold for MORE - but years later, not the quick flip for 10-20% gains. On top of that, acquirers of my cars have also done very well when they sold. Top examples trade hands at a different level. I recognized this particular car was potentially going to be a world class collectible more than a decade ago....and have been preserving it since. My patience is finally gonna be rewarded when I sell. We aren't talking Mangusta or Countach money, where I saw acquirers of those two cars see 100's of thousands$$ of GAIN when they flipped due to a spike after I sold...aaarrrggghhhh!

I am not claiming mine is the worlds best 930, but when you factor in all variables, it is right up there. Thanks for all positive props amigos. Njcycleguy does seem to be the perfect acquirer "building a collection" and prefers black/black, hmmmm? Is there a trusted Pelicanite who's word you would all trust who wants to visit beautiful Lake Tahoe and inspect my black beast and report back to the masses what I have been going on about all this time?

No one has even ventured to have a look! Based on my claims, this is the FIRST car I would have arranged to see....and the one I would acquire upon inspection. But that's just me

Again, apologies for the ramble and thread deviation, but the discussion is a good one and full of passion, LOVE your's RobbyG!

This all deserves a random photo

ps...I was relieved when he passed without looking based on too high a price, as I am still confident that it will bring much more a year or even months from now.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Thanks for all the contribution but honestly thread wasnt intended to debate values of 930s and who can or should afford which particular example. We all know they've appreciated significantly, that Mang has a fantastic one that he wants top dollar for, and that RobbyG has an interesting view on what things are worth.

Will 930s continue to appreciate? Will they level off this year? Will they (gasp!) lose some value? Who knows. But remember that any item is worth what someone will pay. An appreciation trend does not mean that sellers can and will get whatever they ask. You can think its worth a million dollars, if that makes you sleep better go for it. Speculation is fun. But reality is reality and until you have cash in your hand from the person who's willing to put it there, you won't really know what your car is "worth".

Last edited by njcycleguy; 01-14-2014 at 07:22 AM..
Old 01-14-2014, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for all the contribution but honestly thread wasnt intended to debate values of 930s and who can or should afford which particular example. We all know they've appreciated significantly, that Mang has a fantastic one that he wants top dollar for, and that RobbyG has an interesting view on what things are worth.

Will 930s continue to appreciate? Will they level off this year? Will they (gasp!) lose some value? Who knows. But remember that any item is worth what someone will pay. An appreciation trend does not mean that sellers can and will get whatever they ask. You can think its worth a million dollars, if that makes you sleep better go for it. Speculation is fun. But reality is reality and until you have cash in your hand from the person who's willing to put it there, you won't really know what your car is "worth".
Big apologies for going off, I have a tendency to do that, humbly apologize and wish you well in finding a sweet car at a great price. I will not reply to any reference to my car from here on out on this thread.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

Be prepared to decide on the spot if you are going to buy any given car. The good ones that are fairly priced sell in hours, not days.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Not picking up the 964 till Saturday, still debating whether to truck or drive it.. I prefer the latter, but the weather sucks around here.

As far as 930 values go, Mang it looks like you were right.. I always felt 930s were undervalued and it is good to see them get their due.. the crystal ball (which no one has) is where the values are headed.. everyone has an opinion, mine is the market will peak in Spring and then begin to stabilize a bit. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think more right.

And to be clear I'm not buying as an investor or flipper, I love all the cars I own, and I'm building myself a collection of cars I've wanted for many years.
Yeah I hear you. I'm a fly in drive kind of guy - but this time of year that can be challenging - as you said. I bought mine out of Phoenix Fall 2012 and driving back to Denver on the 2 lane mountain scenic byways was amazing. Amazing.

Looking forward to hearing more about and seeing pics of your car.
Denver, CO
Old 01-14-2014, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Big apologies for going off, I have a tendency to do that, humbly apologize and wish you well in finding a sweet car at a great price. I will not reply to any reference to my car from here on out on this thread.
No apologies necessary, we all share a passion about these cars.. thank you for sharing yours.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
I've gone native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree930 View Post
Be prepared to decide on the spot if you are going to buy any given car. The good ones that are fairly priced sell in hours, not days.
Very true. Man, you're gonna miss that 930!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
OG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt surgeon View Post
Very true. Man, you're gonna miss that 930!
It's in good hands.
1987 930 GP White Woooosh!!!!!! Burble burble!! Hahaha
Old 01-14-2014, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: