Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

930 Wanted!

Long time lurker here on Pelican, been searching for a 930 for the past year. I have a relatively large collection of cars including 2 Ferraris, a new 991, an E30 M3, and a few others.

My criteria in my 930 search is simple:

- Less than 80k miles (no triple digit mileage)

Open to all Colors / Years - Euro Spec cars OK. Open to coupe or cab.

PM me what you have and what you're thinking price-wise. Cash ready for the right car.

Thanks,

-Ted
Old 01-08-2014, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
euro 77 930

$400k and its yours
Old 01-08-2014, 11:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Hi Ted,

You will find some nice cars here:

Voiture Ltd

He is also posting here on the Pelican. Very knowledgable and nice cars for the discriminating collector.

1986 930 Ultra-Smith RUF Slant Nose conversion, RUF VB, K-27 HF-S, B&B Headers and Exhaust, RUF Short Shifter, RUF Interior
Old 01-09-2014, 04:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I wouldn't limit myself based on miles alone, condition is a better parameter. The euro cars are great, I had one, but the actual miles are kind of a crap shoot.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
I've gone native

What's your ballpark price range?
Old 01-09-2014, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

My ballpark is - the right car at the right price - since I've opened myself up to a pretty large assortment of cars. My preference is black/black and relatively stock. If it's need of some work or has major modifications, I'll need to factor in the cost of fixing/reversing those modifications, so would pay less for an example like that.

I guess what I'm saying is - I'll pay the right money depending on the car and it's condition.

This is going into my collection as a car that will be driven <5000 miles per year - and something I want to hold on to as an investment (although there are varying opinons on whether or not the 911/930 craze is a bit of a bubble right now, which I am weary of).

I've missed the boat on a few 930s, specifically a 79, a 78, and an 86. Not going to let that happen again.

Last edited by njcycleguy; 01-09-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Old 01-09-2014, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

1986 930. Thanks for the kind referral. I do have what many consider the one to get, in the works. 1976 original 46K Black w black full tartan available mid Feb 2014. Subject to my inspection of how nice it really the price will be $60K to, if fully serviced and as nice as can be $100K. I will be taking it on consignment on a fee basis, plus parts and labor at my shop rate if desired. With the older ones like this with low miles and very little use in the past decade the cost to get it really nice could easily be $10k. If the motor needs studs another $3-$5K. I do have at least 4 potential buyers interested depending upon how nice it is. Some want to do their own recommissioning which would be preferable as nice parts that it may need are in short supply.

Last edited by voitureltd; 01-09-2014 at 09:49 PM..
Old 01-09-2014, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
I don't think the 930 is seeing as much of a bubble right now, rather than them finally seeing their due.

Most of us have long felt them to be (significantly) undervalued, and the market is finally correcting it seems.

my useless $0.0002 Rai Stones...

ps. which Ferrari's? the geeks of us wanna know

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 01-09-2014, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by njcycleguy View Post
My ballpark is - the right car at the right price - since I've opened myself up to a pretty large assortment of cars. My preference is black/black and relatively stock. If it's need of some work or has major modifications, I'll need to factor in the cost of fixing/reversing those modifications, so would pay less for an example like that.

I guess what I'm saying is - I'll pay the right money depending on the car and it's condition.

This is going into my collection as a car that will be driven <5000 miles per year - and something I want to hold on to as an investment (although there are varying opinons on whether or not the 911/930 craze is a bit of a bubble right now, which I am weary of).

I've missed the boat on a few 930s, specifically a 79, a 78, and an 86. Not going to let that happen again.
Seems Your looking for an investment/garage car, if so, And not that its a fair thing the cabs dont seem to have as much desirability as the hardtops, which is keeping their price down, having said that dollar for dollar youll get more for a Cab.

There is a bubble as you say i think as so far its been only a short amount of time and plenty of room to grow before levelling,
Better sooner than later i think to get onto one, I have noticed an attitude shift here with the 930's i think more are starting to realise that their cars are worth far beyond what was thought 6 months ago, which i am glad of as its about time.

Good luck with your search, but theres more than yourself on this site looking and buying, and not many if any selling personal cars here, maybe Pelican could start an online Auction forum
Old 01-09-2014, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
I've gone native

There are three kinds of cars worth having, the first two catagories are stone cold stock low mile garage queens and "drivers", these are nice cars, few more miles, simple boltons, good condition and no stories. Th last group are cars with stories, accident hx, multiple owners, lack paperwork, non original, need tons of work and don't present well. Miles is a notoriously poor and inaccurate barometer of a 930. Overall condition and history trump odometer mileage in a big way. I'd much prefer a well cared for, documented 99k mile car to a car with low miles, no records and a story.
I don't foresee a bubble burst, but I do see a flattening in the rapid ascent in prices as winter, logical thinking and flippers who've artificially manipulated some car prices have trouble unloading cars from that third, less desireable category. But, there will be another price increase in the spring, and all cars will see their value increase because last time I checked, they ain't makin anymore!
In short, the best value would be a near stock car, super clean, 86-88, in the 45-55k price range without stories. When you see one, be prepared to pounce and don't expect much of a discount for either simple boltons or the asking price, because that 55k$ car now is going to be 60-65 in the spring.
IMHO of course....

Last edited by Tt surgeon; 01-09-2014 at 04:14 PM..
Old 01-09-2014, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I agree with many of the points here. And I'm well aware there are many lined up looking for the same thing I am. Just figured this thread may find it's way to someone who's thinking about a car up for sale - or someone on the fence - that wants a quick, easy, and painless sale.

My statement about the bubble is indeed speculative, but I believe the rapid appreciation happening across many marques is a little scary. Take for example my all original E30 M3, which has seen 40% appreciation in the past 2 years. Have a look at 246GT Dinos, which have doubled - and F40s, which have more than doubled. I think Testarossas are next, they are already starting to increase slightly, hence the reason I recently sold my 458 for a flawless 13k mile example - as well as an incredible 355 Spider (these are not on the rise, unfortunately - but I do believe undervalued). My 458, while incredible, was depreciating rapidly and I'm lucky to have gotten out when I did.

I also agree on the spring trend - it's always that way - which is why I generally buy in the winter. I've found the best time to buy is right after the auctions in January and February, when the cars that didn't sell find their way to the regular market and owners just want to let them go - even if it means losing a few bucks they could have made if they held till spring.

I have shortcuts setup on all my computers where I search Craiglist nationwide, eBay, Pelican, Rennlist, F-chat, and a few others. I've also setup e-mail alerts on some of these when cars matching my search come up. Like Wayne Carini says, "it's all about the chase!"

Interestingly enough, while I do prefer a black/black car, I saw some cars on the Voiture site, and I must say the "off" colors (browns, different silvers, etc) are actually strangely appealing to me.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyg View Post
euro 77 930

$40k and its yours
Sounds good - send pics!!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Black/black...when near perfect, is just da baddest!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Old 01-09-2014, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
I've gone native

Mang, so what are you asking for it these days?
Looks sharp!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
I think a lot of the interest in these cars is generated directly by the fact that they are indeed, “cars”. Not toasters or coffee makers, not FOrdLLED by imbedded GPS, not reliant on a crazy electronic architecture, not immune from a mis-shift nor tail wag nor the ability of its occupants to inherit its odor for hours on their clothes (and then be accused by SheWhoLovesMe that I’ve been smoking cigars or similar).. Plus they make us feel good about life being that they fit in quite nicely as a mid life bauner car.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mang View Post
Black/black...when near perfect, is just da baddest!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt surgeon View Post
Mang, so what are you asking for it these days?
Looks sharp!
A lot

I just dangling it out there...thread said searching for MY CAR basically, so if the price were agreed upon, I WOULD sell. So many on the hunt, claiming can't find nice examples...I can't find nice buyer

I think peeps want good deal more than they want good car, my car is proof of that. It is all about the timing. Mine sat 'unbid' on eBay at $60k last year....doh!

Tks for acknowledging it is looking sharp
Old 01-10-2014, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
A little beyond "sharp". That is one handsome example!
Old 01-10-2014, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Under fender/suspension pics?
Beauty is skin deep
Old 01-13-2014, 04:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Thanks to everyone that has responded.

I bought a 964 Turbo this weekend, picking up this weekend.

Still on the hunt for a 930 though, so continue to send me what you have.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: