Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Same thing has happened to me and I used regular size vice grips with curved claws clamped on to the banjo fitting to keep it from turning while loosening the cap nut.
If you look closely at some of my pics of my front fuel pump you can see the little teeth marks the vice grips left on the banjo fitting.

When I have had to do that more than once I carefully put the teeth of the vice grips back into the teeth marks on the banjo fitting to keep from mangleing them.

If you keep the spacer on the check valve banjo post you don't have to do all that but I've installed the front pump without the spacer to keep it overall shorter and then there is no way to keep it from turning without vicegrips on the banjo fitting.
BTDT.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
no idea, Chris was kind enough to beat me to needing to even inquire 8-)

I installed a new CPR a few years ago, not sure I'd DIY my shims but I'm not super talented either...
Did TK lower the price on their website? I still need two front and two rear adapters so I'm searching for a decent deal. No one is ever gonna see these... except you guys. LOL
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 03-17-2014, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Well since I stranded the car up at my buddies shop while trying to change out the front pump for a stock pump I decided to go all the way in.

Picked up the car Friday after having two new 044s put in. They went in to do the wiring upgrade and found someone had already done it, so win there.

No noticeable performance increase to speak of which is fine. The 044 up front is actually much quieter than the stock pump it replaced which tells me this was good insurance.

Thanks for all the help with the adapter info, good stuff. Next up is replacing all the stock fuel lines, they look like they are due and I have no patience for cruddy looking parts. Dont suppose anyone has a comprehensive part number list for the front and rear lines?
https://medium.com/@crashingdoor
Old 03-24-2014, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Mr Fairman

I have a 930 and was told it has a low pressure front pump and high pressure rear. Question on a 1978 930 I hear no pump noise like my 1973. Then was told to push down the pressure plate ...still no sound how do I check if pumps are bad...check red relays up front the are OK.

Any ideas
Old 03-24-2014, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: