Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
aluminum hard line fuel lines

I will post pics on my 2 year project (so far) on my 78 930 "hot rod". Tub up renovation - so of course the engine was out. Good time to replace the two fuel lines thru the tunnel. I went with 1/2" aluminum medium wall flexable tubing. Similar to the build the TurboKraft did on the 650HP red 930 of Tom's. I think it was the 930 Odyessy build (something to that effect).

Anyway if anyone is doing this - I have a few helpful hints. First of all it is a B*ITCH! It took me a full 2 days to run two lousy lines - LOL. I talked to Chris at TurboKraft for some suggestions and he said the same thing. Patience and time. Chris told me they lost their butt on that part of the build - it took alot longer than originally estimated. The main fuel "out" line was not bad, however the return line took almost 3/4 of that time to run.

I also purchased a garrett turbo, larger intercooler, up-graded fuel distributor (euro racing version) and WUR upgrade - all from TurboKraft.

The main reason I went with 1/2" is for the future EFI conversion, larger fuel pumps and a few other items. I needed to do this - the 36 year old rubber lines looked great, but with the alcohol content in fuel anymore - the old rubber lines didn't sound very durable. So hardlines thru the tunnel and alcohol compatable SS braided fuel lines with AN fittings.

The 3/8" hardlines are great - but 7/16" O.D. lines would have worked fine also and would have been alittle easier to run thru the tunnel.

So if anyone is doing this - good luck and contact me for any questions that you may have. Happy to help with suggestions

Mark
08 GT3 RS (white/black) (modified of course)
67 911S
Old 01-13-2014, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Mark, I have to change out the hard lines on my 930. I will be using stock parts, any tips? Do I need to remove the access panel and the console inside the car ?
Thanks
Old 01-16-2014, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

"The 3/8" hardlines are great - but 7/16" O.D. lines would have worked fine also and would have been alittle easier to run thru the tunnel."

What is the O.D. on the 3/8" hardline?
Old 01-17-2014, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: