Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Rocket Scientist

I haven't looked at Rennlist, so I just went over there. Looks like a lot of the same posters as here, at least for the last few months. I think we could definitely do better with a pelicanparts 930 forum, mainly because this place sells parts, and therefore attracts people who are using them.

"rennlist turbo forum is like that mostly stock and garage queens. I'm over here because i like to do more than wax my car and look at it."

Seems like an argument for a dedicated 930 forum. They will be quarantined, and therefore unable to spoil your experience!
Old 01-19-2014, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Rennlist seems to focus lately on selling cars, or determining value. Boring, for me anyway.

So, a dedicated stock 930 forum....hmmm. What would we discuss, something like : "My 930 is stock and hey, so is yours! Wow, how cool is that! Let's talk about the things we can do to our 930's...ugh...nothing!"

If you want to know how to keep your 930 alive, with or without mods, this is the forum to belong to.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
I gues that the debate is really: Is it modified, or enhanced?

RUF messed this one up badly!

A real $100k (1986 dollars) hack job!!

Not all modded 930s are created equal.

1986 930 Ultra-Smith RUF Slant Nose conversion, RUF VB, K-27 HF-S, B&B Headers and Exhaust, RUF Short Shifter, RUF Interior
Old 01-19-2014, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
I've gone native

Total hack!
Old 01-19-2014, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
OG

Garage
Hahahahaaaaaa totally ^^^^
1987 930 GP White Woooosh!!!!!! Burble burble!! Hahaha
Old 01-19-2014, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
No way I'd want a stock only 930 forum. I'd pass...no thanks.

Before I bought my present 930 that was already modified (it has more modifications than what I was looking for) I test drove a 100% stock 930 (99k miles, asking price $19k). It drove and shifted well. I knew that I wanted a well done modified 930 so I continued to look for one that fit my criteria.

I look forward to read about any 930 (stock or modified) or any modified 911 that has a turbo or blower with proper air cooled engines.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Rocket Scientist

Needs a Zork, and red Magnacore wires!
Old 01-19-2014, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

We do what makes us happy.
It's our money.
I don't do, or not do, what the next owner may want.
Kind of like not banging your current girlfriend so her next boyfriend gets a lower mileage woman(car.)

I drive my car in the rain, warm days or cold days.
It likes cold days better, just give it time to warm up and get some heat in the sneakers.

Our cars are not meant to NOT be driven.
Rain, snow, sleet and hail!

Giddyup and drive these beoches as they were intended.

Just my thoughts, yours may vary.

Matt
"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us." Charles Bukowski
Old 01-19-2014, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD94 View Post
No way I'd want a stock only 930 forum. I'd pass...no hanks.

Before I bought my present 930 that was already modified (it has more modifications than what I was looking for) I test drove a 100% stock 930 (99k miles, asking price $19k). It drove and shifted well. I knew that I wanted a well done modified 930 so I continued to look for one that fit my criteria.

I look forward to read about any 930 (stock or modified) or any modified 911 that has a turbo or blower with proper air cooled engines.
MikeD!

I still remember when your car was FS, and then you'd bought it. When you'd shared with me over lunch that day that you'd scored it for the same $$$ as I'd gotten my bone stocker for... damn I wanted to slap you! 8-) (translation: slap mesself!!! Couldashoulda sold mine / bought that - d'oh)

Quite the setup, that one - helluva lotta car for the monay. Still a thorn in me arse lol.

appreciated some since tho eh?

anywho...

so, yeah... over 40 replies and it's pretty darn clear what the consensus is here on the matter

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 01-19-2014, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
I do not think a "930 stock only" forum is necessary any more than a "slant nose" only forum but there is plenty of room here to have a thread for stock cars if you want? Just start one and enjoy.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

I have a Carrera. It's MY version of what a slantnose 930S should be. The purist think I have ruined my car but..... I think it would be a crime to take a real 505 and do what I did. But it is my $$$....
Old 01-19-2014, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

And an awsome example also. I started with a wrecked totalled turbo targa no guilt for me either since i resurected it from the dead.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 01-19-2014, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

I have a stock 88 930 for about 2 months now. Well, except for pedals, steering wheel and stereo, but I think it still qualifies. I really enjoy reading just about every thread here and find that the posters with modified cars have probably already seen and fixed just about any issue my car will ever have, so I read it all and soak it up, especially since I'm a Porsche newbie.

I am willing to bet that by this time next year, it won't be stock. But many of the issues are there whether it is stock or not (overboost relay, anyone?) Also, reading what seems to work and what doesn't, what brands are recommended and which vendors or sellers are reputable will certainly be valuable to me as I start buying parts, even if I do keep it stock.

Here is what I don't understand about the desire to add forums: If you segregate owners via forums to the point that similar makes have to go to multiple forums to see what's up, there will simply be less traffic to all forums, which is key to adding content and knowedge. If there is something that for some reason doesn't interest me, I simply don't read it! I don't see the point of adding forums just so some people don't have to deal with not clicking into a thread they don't want to read, which leads me to the easiest solution - only read what interests you.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Quote:
I have a Carrera. It's MY version of what a slantnose 930S should be. The purist think I have ruined my car but..... I think it would be a crime to take a real 505 and do what I did. But it is my $$$....
.....and you better make a build thread!
Old 01-19-2014, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986 930 View Post
I gues that the debate is really: Is it modified, or enhanced?

RUF messed this one up badly!

A real $100k (1986 dollars) hack job!!

Not all modded 930s are created equal.
What are the extra scoop looking things on the doors?
Love the car!
'86 930
Old 01-19-2014, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
I've gone native

Relocated clock.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Hello all,

Been lurking this and many other forums for years. I am one of those bone stock guys for my classic cars. Dont know why but I enjoy my cars most like that. I have a bone stock (german delivered offcourse) 930.

Funny enough what I enjoy reading most in this forum are the projects.
Lets stick together and enjoy each others passion.

Tom
Old 01-20-2014, 02:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

I get kinda bummed out when there's only a handful of new posts/replies when I visit and fracturing the site would only exacerbate dat problem which ultimately means I gotta get back to work sooner

Seriously though, in my opinion, the bigger the pool the better the information shared...
Old 01-20-2014, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

I like it the way it is.

BTW, it goes by cycles depending on the members; the actual mix is good and entertaining... like this thread is. We have the casual guys, the purist, the newbies, the wanabe; and obviously, we have the hard core "know it all" - or believe so - guys, you know who you are.

Anyway, this forum is great like it is and a huge source of information.

Change nothing!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJL View Post
Don't forget "Who still has Stuttgart air in their tires" polls.
Had one, 9671 miles, most likely some of the original air still there, could not even drive it caus the tires looked new but were unsafe. Sold it and was glad to see it go. The buyer was happy with it that way, so whats not to like. Buyer and seller both get what they want.

Last edited by voitureltd; 01-20-2014 at 08:46 AM..
Old 01-20-2014, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: