Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

ac pressure switch location

Let's see if I can upload this pic from my phone. It is almost ac time in Houston. I am nearing completion of my upgrade project. I got a compressor hose with a built in pressure switch. I am not exactly sure where to locate the hose. Right now I have it near the oil filter and engine spark plug wires. It uses like this will make it hard to access the spark plugs but I can't figure out a better routing. Any advice is appreciated
Old 01-20-2014, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

sorry the pic looks terrible. I posted this from my phone so I couldent really tell. If you look just to the left of the oil filter you can see an aluminum "T" looking thing with a sensor sticking out. This is the new pressure switch. Anybody have any better ideas where to route it? As I said I am worried it will make it hard to access the spark plugs.

Thanks,
Aaron
Old 01-21-2014, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
You're right about the spark plug wires... both of my hoses run along the engine tin "just below" access to the wires.

I just adjusted my valves and the hoses almost limited me from removing the upper valve cover. Was able to move the hoses enough to get er done...

My high pressure switch is right about where yours is, except it's pointing straight up and the hose rides along the engine tin...
Old 01-21-2014, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks Moony! I think I am going to try to change my routing a bit to match what you describe. At least if it is straight along the engine tin it will look a little more tidy.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Here's another type of trinary pressure switch that is part of a high pressure R134 fill port instead of in the high side hose. I think it was about $15 or less and they shipped it usps priority mail.
This is on a Sanden compressor.

I routed the hoses along the top of the right side longitudinal to keep them out of the way when adjusting valves or changing spark plugs.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: