Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
I took it for a spin anyway

Some know ive removed the PO's cab roof to get the car back to factory HARDTOP and am looking at us to aus transport options for a possible roof purchase.. where so far the quotes could be likened to flying first class around the world

So im having bad dreams thinking i sold the aftermarket Cabroof off the car too soon, trying to keep my mind off it ive started at the front of the car taking things off replacing/repairing and sometimes breaking parts (see other thread) on the never ending quest to make my 930 the best in the world (or at least my street)

So i havent driven her for a Month, feels like years...So Last night i thought stuff it, no roof but hey it is registered as a Cab anyway! even though the car was originally a hardtop it wont matter if i took it for a drive because i miss the feel of it so much, gf doesnt understand, besides my blinkers are connected so thats cool, all the safety bits are in place .. maybe just not looking correct?..I was out of ciggys anyway, any excuse will do?

Front Bumper off etc, washer bottle out, spare tyre out, no Roof, no carpets, no aircon, no compressor, no old ac hoses, no grille, no skid plate etc all dirt removed and all repainted re zinced underneath, smoother is faster too right? i think she wouldn't weigh much more than 1000kg atm factory weight as per luggage plate says 1150kg

Anyway cool talk about low centre of gravity, it was definately like driving a Go kart lol it was heaps of fun, steering was lighter, i had more feedback, just felt more grounded, would have been nice if there were any challenges while i took it out, maybe tomorrow

Old 01-21-2014, 09:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
wow, ambitious project. I look forward to seeing the end result when she's back to being a coupe!
1977 Turbo Carrera Black on Red #411
1987 951 Black on Black - sold to make room for the 930
1972 911 2.7 (RS P's and C's, solex camshafts, Weber's, ST suspension) - I regret selling her every single day....
Old 01-22-2014, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Why not just buy a decent "roller", take what you need and then sell what's left.

Just a thought...
Old 01-22-2014, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilikum Turbo View Post
Why not just buy a decent "roller", take what you need and then sell what's left.

Just a thought...
Not sure what you mean , a decent roller?

My Car Rolls and it is decent (when dressed) if thats what you mean?
Old 01-23-2014, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
He mean't buy a hardtop shell/rolling chassis with no powertrain. Take the roof, and sell the remainder.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Ah! would work for people who had the room to do it
I got a pelican in Chicago with a roof from a 73 with a good price but not so good are transport prices, Quotes so far $2500 to $3600 just to get it here!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: