Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Jim, ya', I understood that from one of your previous posts and was really just yankin' Mark's chain a little. And nice work on that 7006 - I always enjoy your posts about your various home-grown metal working projects (as well as your K-jet trouble shooting posts, of course)!

You probably recall emailing back and fourth with me several years ago about a problem I had with the UMW turbo I mentioned above, well, a few thousand miles later later, and it is still going strong following the original 10 minute run time rebuild that it required (watch, it will start blowing oil tomorrow morning - ha ha ha)!

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 01-23-2014 at 11:17 PM..
Old 01-23-2014, 11:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
beancounter

^right on cue...great video that. Who are those crazy kids?

I can hear the turbine whistle on my K27S though one of Bryan's mufflers (not sure which variant mine is, was purchased before the 'hooligan' and other volume options were on the menu).

7 degrees here this AM, -2 with windchill. Pipes are freezing here...sux arse.

I'm in the midst of front rotor replacement (again). Taking the opportunity to repack the front wheel bearings. The grease was looking a bit cooked from the heat of many track days.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Heck, I don't know. Constant tinnitus....yes, for more years than I can remember. Too much cacophony of glorious other sounds back there. Maybe I'm mistaking it for the fan whirring as they do. Oh well, put me in a loud bar scene with a bunch of chicks trying to tell me they want to do nasty things to my body parts, and I'll just nod my head as stare at their body parts and attempt to read lips.
what?
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Damn I hear you (there I go again) about the loud bar scene... that is categorically the worst scenario for me. I can hear amazingly... until there's background noise. Then it's nod and smile time.

Knew my Comp Turbo reference would summon up the evil spirits of Pete, and Jake's classic montage. I do enjoy watching that now and again as time passes (damn, 4yrs now!). It's like a dream. A really fookin good dream.

Good point on the RL8 nomenclature Jake... we got ours @ ~ same time, who knows what they were back then. All I know is mine's loud (good loud), and allowed the turbine to emit absurdly giggletastic whilstely noises even pre-headers.

Dokktah's K29 / Zork are of mention as well... with the cams, the combo is outright comedically silly sounding. Bonerific. Two of the best sounding 930s I've heard...

ps. good luck on the pipes, that blows. Fuchthis coldshart!!! Time to f'n move.

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 01-24-2014, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
The early mufflers were all Hooligans, Street came next then Outlaw.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: