Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Factory Alarm won't disarm

Of course this happens when I'm 3000miles away.

My car is in storage and my brother needs to move the car but he went to disarm it with the factory alarm and it wont disarm.

He's tried charging the battery (it was dead originally) and replaced the battery in the key fob without any luck.

I told him to to look underneath the pass side footwell to see if any of the wires to the alarm are unplugged and he says it looks fine.

Any advice here? Id like to figure out how to fix it before I go bypassing it (suggestion on that as well?).

Car is an 87 Euro Spec 930 Turbo.

Last edited by Pstl_Pete; 01-22-2014 at 04:32 PM..
Old 01-22-2014, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
First I would disconnect the battery(car batt)

Wait about 15 minutes...then take the positive and negative leads of the car, and place them together...this will discharge any residual voltage left.

Now, with the key in the ignition in the ON position, reconnect the battery(negative first, positive second), and then attempt to reset the alarm.

This MIGHT work...good luck!
Old 01-22-2014, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Brother just tried and nothing.

He did update me that as soon as he hooks up the battery the alarm triggers and sounds off so it may just need resetting? Does anyone know how to reset the alarm?
Old 01-22-2014, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I don't have the answer but am curious to the responses offered. I don't use the factory alarm because I don't have the special alarm key that fits in the door.

I don't believe the original '87 US 930's even had a key fob....just the key port in the side of the door to arm and disarm the alarm. You used the door key to unlock the door, then opened it just far enough to insert the key to disarm the alarm. Pretty archaic. The PO of my car installed an aftermarket system that allows the use of a fob to activate the alarm and lock/unlock the doors from afar.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: