Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
maybe if 350 of us here kick in a c-note each we could find you a consolation?

>>>*no, I'm not kidding!*<<<

I mean, this thread already has >2500 views (granted the multiplier effect of a number of us repeatedly re-viewing this via all the replies)... but I'd bet we could put a solid dent in your replacement (only if you promised to actually buy something - sort of a different form of forced insurance... and a forced replacement... none of this pishposh I'm done w/ 930s - take THAT, you biatch!). And then you'd have to promise to maintain minimum off-season coverage - I mean I'm all for being forced to have to save a buck, but collector policies are dirt cheap.

Start a new thread (maybe a sticky), a petition of commitment that when reaches critical mass we all send you a Pay Pal or something.

Bueller?
Paul, you're a good man for even suggesting that. Even with so many great folks in this forum community, I'm just another guy and don't deserve such special treatment.
I may have my attorney take a look at the policy, but I've got a feeling it's pretty iron clad.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)

Wow so sorry to hear this. Wishing you the best outcome for all of it.
77 911tt EFI wide body red/ Slightly modified SOLD
Old 01-28-2014, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Fukkewe maaaaaaaaaaan... you've helped out so many so often and so selflessly, so guess what? CARma's a biatch. So there. Plus, yer a good dude, dewd.

In 3 daze this post has >100 replies - I'm betting this seemingly far fetched stooopid idea could EASILY get some traction

yeah, sadly I'm betting on iron clad here mesself... hence my suggestion

let's have the rest of you 100 thusfar respondents chime in on the idea - if seems plausible, I'll contact admin and request a sticky and get it moving

I'm a good man huh? First I've heard! Ah, you deserve it for putting up w/ all my idiocy over the years (painful, even to me).

Heck, I've thrown $100 away on shipping and fees and dumbassed other mistakes (don't remind me)... what's another, but for GOOD CAUSE?

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 01-28-2014 at 06:40 AM..
Old 01-28-2014, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
ps. time to change your avatar, current pic maybe?

(sorry, I'm a firm believer in the healing of laughter)

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
Old 01-28-2014, 06:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Paul, you're a good man for even suggesting that. Even with so many great folks in this forum community, I'm just another guy and don't deserve such special treatment.
I may have my attorney take a look at the policy, but I've got a feeling it's pretty iron clad.
Hey, Mark, I suspect Paul simply wrote what many of us were thinking (thank you, Paul, for putting it out there). By a wide margin, most of us don't know you personally, but that's not what matters as it's crystal clear that you're a good man. A good man who could use a bit of uplifting right about now. And there are other good folks here, too. Folks who, while reading this thread wish there was something they could do to help. Well, there is one thing ...

I triple-dog dare you to PM me your Paypal info
Old 01-28-2014, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #105 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
+100 page views in the time since I posted my ^last reply^

the powah of the intarwebz!

don't give out yer PP info until we get a strong wave of support here...

...rather than a 1/2assed effort w/ some of us sending you bits piecemeal like it'd be best for a united front - we'll bombard you w/ the Mutherload once we reach critical mass on my sticky petition idea (errrrrr)...

I've been fortunate to have met a whole bunchayouses here over the years, and always trying to add more to that count - and know the day we finally meet Mark we'll hoist some Scotch.

Now, when & if I DO get out to the Wrong Coast (or viceversalike)... remind me to heb!tch manslap you upside the head for yer ins strategy 8-)

xoxoxo, of course

Old 01-28-2014, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #106 (permalink)

Garage
I'am with Paul here. Give me a pay-pal adress and I sent you $100. Don't know Mark, but that doesn't matter. Reading this threat makes me feel sick in my stomach as it can happen to any of us.

And about the insurance. Guess what I did yesterday. Ripped the insurance guy another a$$ hole as I spend lots of cash on insurance with them privately and business, and not a single rep told me that both P cars, go-karts and such are not covered when stored in my shop. And yes, we all have our own responsibilities, but we hire (As in pay premium) the experts and might expect some good advise when they come to my house and business every year for inspection. The never mentioned anything.

We all learn from other peoples "mistakes" and I will be more than happy to contribute and make it a little bit easier for Mark.

Thanks Paul for taking the initiative. I am sure many of us thought of it and will join.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)
beancounter

Dammmmm....Insurance: it really is all about the fine print.

I would gladly contribute to a recovery fund - pay it forward as it is said.

Mark, work with your adjuster, or get a new one if the adjuster is nickel and diming you. My experience with Hurricane Sandy is that a good and fair adjuster is the key. We were lucky to have a really good and fair adjuster. On the flip side, I didn't incessantly call and pester her. In the end, the adjuster advocated for me vs. the insurance co. I was treated fairly in the insurance settlement. There were even a few items that the adjuster wrote up (and I was compensated for) that I chose not to replace in the rebuild. No corners were cut in terms of safety or building codes, I'm talking about things like replacing flooring (I left the workshop floor as bare concrete (was laminate wood before). You may have some leeway here as well (assuming your starting point is a reasonable settlement for your insured losses) which may help to mitigate the uninsured losses.

Take it slow man, this is an endurance event not a sprint race.

Best wishes, and let us know how we can help (in addition to Paulie's effort)
Old 01-28-2014, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #108 (permalink)
Banned

I'm in!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #109 (permalink)

VERY sorry to hear and see this Mark, like everyone else happy you and the pets are safe.

I know you are going to get this sorted out.

Sincere condolences

Leonard

Instagram / UberPorsche930
Old 01-28-2014, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #110 (permalink)
seeker of wisdom

Heck I think $100 donation is worth it just for the advice learned on this thread, I bet a lot of insurance policies get changed after reading it~ Breaks my heart they are not going to cover it~
We can rebuild it, we have the technology
Old 01-28-2014, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #111 (permalink)

Mark, I have contacted a good friend (also a P car enthusiast) who is an active claims adjuster. He might shed some helpful claims info on your homeowners policy. He may chime in here or PM you.
Hope your day goes better today !
Marty
Old 01-28-2014, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #112 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
If indeed Mark is completely screwed with the insurance, which I suspect he will be.

I have heard of ways to set up a donation link, I think through PayPal, that is safe & secure.

If anybody knows how to get that type of donation site set-up, so that it is safe & secure, and all the $ goes to where it is supposed to go.

I'm in for my "C" note portion. Yes I'm serious as well!

And Mark,
If you need at least a 930 ride fix, just pop over to the other side of the mountains, and I'll take you for a spin. My car is not as fast as yours was but......

Mark
Old 01-28-2014, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #113 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
I'm in for the C word,, oops I mean C note !!!
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 01-28-2014, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #114 (permalink)

Garage
Heart break

DUDE ! Broke my heart reading this , I sure with all the contacts here on PP there has got to be a 930 just calling your name somewhere out there ... Count me in on a donation, and you can bet I am reading the fine print now !
Old 01-28-2014, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #115 (permalink)

I was just thinking the other day about callling and cancelling mine until i read this.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 01-28-2014, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #116 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Mark has given me $100 worth of advise.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #117 (permalink)

Garage
Mark I am sooooooo sorry for your loss. Glad you are ok. I'm in for a c note
Old 01-28-2014, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #118 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrorunner View Post
Mark has given me $100 worth of advise.
More, so I am in, too!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #119 (permalink)

It hurts me to hear about such an unfortunate accident to such a helpful guy.
As a part time insurance adjuster, I inquired about this particular case. As far as homeowners insurance, unless it was some how related to the home, like a golf cart used to transport the tools to fix the house, a Homeowners policy will not cover. In some Car insurance policies, such as Haggerty, I believe even if the car was not operated for a time, or coverage had been suspended it still has a clause to cover.
In any case if I can help in any way please let me know!
Old 01-28-2014, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #120 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: