Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Mass Airflow meter to clean or not to clean ?

I currently have the intercooler off and the Blow off valve housing to replace the BOV seals. Whilst this is removed is it worth seperating the mass airflow meter to give it a clean? The fuel head was overhauled 6 months ago. Could i cause more issues than benefits taking this apart to clean.

Thanks
TIM
Old 02-01-2014, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hey Tim,
With these my experience is if it works leave it alone. Lots of guys start spraying carb cleaner in and cause more problems. If it's not working right then yes start digging in.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Words of wisdom.
Thank you. I shall leave it alone.

Cheers

TIM
Old 02-01-2014, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

[nitpicking on]
If it's K-Jet then it isn't really a Mass Airflow meter...it doesn't care about mass, only airflow.
It cannot compensate for hotter/colder air. It's just a flapper in the airflow. You would need a hot wire sensor or a MAT-probe in order to measure true mass flow.
[/nitpicking off]
Old 02-02-2014, 12:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

There is a seal and an oring that are hard to come by if you do decide to take it apart. Flat paper seal under the mixture screw and oring on the metering head. They are still available but may set you back a little more time than you planned on.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: